Author Topic: Naval Outpost  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Firunien

Naval Outpost
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
This is Swadian City with a lot of tactical possibilitys, there is a mainroad which connects to the left and right area by 3 ways each side.
Its not Sandí but i kept it as small as possible, Oli now its your turn to make my map bad :D ( any constructive critic is welcome :) )

Overview :

Spoiler

Flag 1 :

Spoiler

Flag 2 :

Spoiler

Flag 3 :

Spoiler

Spawn 1 :

Spoiler

Spawn 2 :

Spoiler

Main road :

Spoiler

Terraincode :

Code: [Select]
scn_multi_scene_12 multi_scene_12 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000013003d7e30005053f00003b4e0000146300006e84
 outer_terrain_beach

Download :

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10924891/scn_multi_scene_12.sco.html

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:28:35 PM by Firunien »

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
Re: Naval Outpost
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 02:42:08 PM »
I'm only here to make sure that maps are suited for our server, not to say maps are bad :bag:

I'll take a look at it soon :)

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline AZAN

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:08 PM »
Not a bad attempt, there aren't any real problems with the basic structure of the map and no glaring issues. These are some of the things I picked up on but this is more just my recomendation for improvement rather than a negative report.

1. Overuse of grass texture, not sure it really fits that well and should be used that liberally, that's more of an aesthetic point.

2. Awkward props, there are a few places in the map where players will be able to wedge themselves behind objects and generally be areas that are a complete pain to fight in. Examples of these would be the trebuchet, the leaf roofed stalls near the shrine, the brewery stand and there are probably a few more as well. I would recommend putting barriers up in some places but otherwise adding objects to block off the small gaps.

3. Flag locations, flag 3 seems fine and offers several approaches as well important positions around it for teams to capture. Flag 2 however is stuck in a corner and has very few useful positions to take around it, would recommend moving it to an intersection. Flag 1 also is a little awkward, not many positions to control around it. Flags like that tend to offer little in the way of tactics or options and tend to be very meatgrindy, a good example would be the graveyard flag on Fort of Honour.

4. Spawn locations, I would recommend moving them to corners or near tighter chokepoints, reducing the effectiveness of early cav rushes on these areas.

EDIT: It's also a very fluffy and vague point but the map feels a little unpolished, there are some odd connections of walls and some props that feel out of place, it's not something I can put my finger on though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:30:33 PM by AZAN »

Offline Firunien

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »
i have to admit i was too eager to post it, i gonna polish it and i try to get in some other terrain.
I gonna close the small gaps i didnt thought a lot about it :blush:
About the flags : i gonna move flag 2 my problem is i dont see a good spot yet to put it without making the right/top part of the map useless, while i am at it i gonna change spawn 1 cause the mentioned cav . Flag 3 is kind of the unique thing about the map so i wont change it :).

Thanks very much for taking the time to point out those things :D

Offline Firunien

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
Update :

-Fixed some glitches
-added some village Terrain
-Fixed some tight spots like pointed out from AZAN
-Flagspawn 2 slightly moved to intersection
-polished some walls
-updated Downloadlink

i think its now ready to be tested in public, but its ur call :)

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
Add the new file so we can check it :) Also, you have to wait for my call, since me + IG members make the decision ;)

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Firunien

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:34:05 PM »
file in OP is updated, i meant you btw ;D

Offline John7

• Class: None
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 04:13:34 AM »