Author Topic: Battle map - Shipwreck Cove  (Read 1875 times)

Offline tomy

• dta designs
  • Class: Ranger
Battle map - Shipwreck Cove
« on: August 10, 2013, 06:08:52 PM »
Again a new battle map. Shipwreck Cove

map overview

other screenshots

This map will also be tested soon at one of the training sessions. Folms has not uploaded this map yet.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:03:37 PM by tomYboy »

Offline Cybran

• Class: Cavalry
Re: Battle map - Shipwreck Cove
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »
That flag 2 is going to be painful. :bag:

Offline tomy

• dta designs
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
Updated the screenshots. I have made some changes and ironed out some bugs.

That flag 2 is going to be painful. :bag:

I like difficult flags :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:07:41 PM by tomYboy »

Offline Greed

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
Posting on this map aswell from our match earlier.

Not my favorite, reminded me abit too much of castle ruins and dry valley which I didnt like xD The look of the map was cool though,shipwrecked....ships everywhere looked really neat. The staircase in the middle made little sense and so did the stones though xD Asked yami what she thought :

00:04 - Greedalicious: u just like it cuz it looked piraty!
00:04 - yamipharaoh: yes!
00:04 - yamipharaoh: exactly
00:05 - yamipharaoh: it had sandy beach and ships and plam trees
00:05 - yamipharaoh: pwetty ^^

I`ll see if i can post better comments after a few hours rest xD
  • Wolfpack_Greed

Offline tomy

• dta designs
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
No feedback from whom played it? I just got one person giving feedback  O_o

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »
1) As someone said in the match, lose the fires. They look awesome, but lowers FPS radically.

2) I still feel the scaffold in the centre sticks out as somehow "wrong" on a beach. Aside from the aesthetics, it also creates some problems due to the fact that you can see through it, shoot through it, but not move through it. It's just "weird". And even if you removed barriers on the sides, it would feel like phasing through solid material. Again, just weird.

Maybe consider some other interesting way to present the central flag. I like the idea of a more closed flag spawn than the two others, to further encourage infantry to get closer to the centre instead of camping at the edges. But maybe it can be done with some other props, which not only provide some protection from cavalry, but also some cover from ranged. Like a lighthouse for instance :P

3) The right side of the map was primarily played very defensively, which might have something to do with the fact, that it doesn't have as many obstacles as the left side. It's harder to move from cover to cover and thus it's easier to just stay put.
I suggest a few prop (re-)placements:

- Place something underneath the top burning boat in order to move closer to centre from the big boat, without losing all cover.
- Move the right palisades closer to centre
- Reposition the right stones slightly to the left, so you can use this for cover if flag spawns in this area. At the moment I believe it's very low? (can't remember)

By moving the right props like this to the left, teams will be slightly closer to eachother and there will be less camping in general (I think).