Author Topic: Map download restarting after reaching 100%  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Chaingun

• Archers were evil already in the 15th century.
  • Class: Cavalry
Map download restarting after reaching 100%
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:33:37 AM »
Symptom: When I connect to IG_Battlegrounds server with a non-downloaded map (I happen to still have a few given it's a new computer), it starts downloading. Upon reaching 100%, it restarts... I have never seen this earlier, it just appeared suddenly right now, and it occurred for at least two maps.

I've yet to verify whether it's just BG or if all servers behave this way, but I'm hoping this is a known problem and that somebody has a clue about what causes it. Wouldn't be surprised if it's somehow related to Windows 8 (lots of weird crap going on with this OS and Warband, haha).

Thanks for any help in advance.
Ignore the fact my Steam profile is an email address - I haven't used the address for years.

Offline Triari

• External Admin
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Map download restarting after reaching 100%
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:37:30 AM »
Got exactly the same problem. It fixed itselfs by simply restarting the game and trying again. Today was the first time of having such a problem for me as well.

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
  • Class: None
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:39:33 AM »
Happens sometimes that you try to join while a map is just about to end. You start downloading that and before you get into play, the next map starts. In that case you download the first map completely, then start downloading the new one. It might also be due to people successfully polling a new map before you finish downloading the first one.
  • IG_Mgt_ryozu
  • ryozu ryozu

Offline Red Worm

• Unsullied
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »
I also had this kinda problem way back in like 2010 and it was just change of map in the server.

Offline Chaingun

• Archers were evil already in the 15th century.
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 11:09:31 AM »
^ Nah, the restart happened about 5 times. ;) It also happened in two distinct situations: 1) after joining the server initially for a map that I didn't have downloaded (I solved this by waiting), 2) after playing for more than an hour and a map that I didn't have was switched to. Like I said, in both cases it kept restarting to download the same map non-stop, so there's no way this was due to map changing.

Got exactly the same problem. It fixed itselfs by simply restarting the game and trying again. Today was the first time of having such a problem for me as well.

Thanks Triari, if that works then it's no big deal.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:15:02 AM by Chaingun »
Ignore the fact my Steam profile is an email address - I haven't used the address for years.