Author Topic: War of The Vikings (Paradox Secret Project)  (Read 16873 times)

Offline Thomas of Hookton

• Ooy mate! scooby-doo is less confused than you.
  • Class: Ranger
Re: War of The Vikings (Paradox Secret Project)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 04:17:04 AM »
Also, vikings are way cooler than Lancasters, Yorkists, ninjas and pirates all together.  ;)

No, Vikings are the most over-hyped warriors in history along with the Spartans and Samurai  :D
Jedi's are way cooler than vikings!  now don't tell me they didn't exist, cause it says in that documentary they did, a long, long time ago!

nothing would beat jedi zombies!!!
'Nothing gives a fearful man more courage than another's fear.'

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:59 AM »
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?714638-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-NDA-reminder

Quote from: TotalyMoo;16013303
Greetings!

I'd like to remind you that everyone playing the War of the Vikings Alpha has agreed to an NDA.

You will find the document here.

Please read and understand this before you play the game.

A basic tl;dr is: you're not allowed to post anything about the Alpha in public forums - like this - without our express permission.

Everything that breaks the NDA will be instantly deleted.

For posting about War of the Vikings Alpha - please go to our closed SteamHub here.

Or register your Alpha key and go to the closed Paradoxplaza Alpha Forum.

Please note that for the people who already owned WotR and got access instantly via steam - there are not yet any keys available and you can not see the plaza section. We will update you as soon as we have added keys to your accounts.

Regards,
John

Please note that when you agree to an NDA this will usually mean:
  • the fact that you have agreed to an NDA is covered under the NDA
  • The fact that you are testing/part of teh alpha/part of the beta/or whatever the NDA is for, is covered under the NDA
  • Any information about the game that you have derived from the alpha is covered under the NDA
  • Any screenies etc that you take (which should only be done for reporting purposes) is covered under the NDA

The NDA on this never runs out.  All these items remain under NDA even after the game is released.

You may talk publically about an knowledge you gained under this NDA only after that specific piece of knowledge has been made publically available by Paradox.  In other words only when the knowledge could have come to you via a public channel from Paradox.  If you are in any doubt at all you should ask.

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Osares

• Class: None
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »
Reminder: If you got five people to click your link and got into the alpha, I assume you are not supposed to report on game features here. Please keep that in mind when posting.

Interestingly enough, there are people that got Alpha without doing that referral thingy, just by owning WotR (my friend didn't even play it often, and he still has Alpha of WotV).

Didnt they give alpha access to all who owned the extra voice thingy (called Kingmaker or something)? Thought i read something about that.
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Mørkravn

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »
Reminder: If you got five people to click your link and got into the alpha, I assume you are not supposed to report on game features here. Please keep that in mind when posting.

Interestingly enough, there are people that got Alpha without doing that referral thingy, just by owning WotR (my friend didn't even play it often, and he still has Alpha of WotV).

Didnt they give alpha access to all who owned the extra voice thingy (called Kingmaker or something)? Thought i read something about that.

Not in case of my friend. And he played WotR for only 1-2 times because he has oldish PC.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:55:21 PM by DamianGrim »

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »
War of the Vikings will be released in Q1 2014 but if you buy now you get access to the game in its alpha/beta state until then

discounts for M and B and WotR owners

3 options

WotV - £14.99

• Historically Inspired Viking Setting.
  • Play as both the Vikings and Saxons to take or defend Britannia!
  • Deep Combat System. Claim victory by mastering swinging, chopping, blocking, dodging, and a wide range of special moves to perfect your play style.
  • Best-in-Class Ranged Combat. Ranged combat that blends naturally with the close quarters experience as arrows, javelins and throwing axes soar through the air towards their targets.

WotV Blood Eagle Edition - £22.99

• Digital Art Book (concept art, level screen art, etc…)*
  • Soundtrack*
  • Unique Viking Helmet*
  • All tier 1 & 2 gear patterns unlocked (leveling required)*
  • First DLC Archetype without a coin price*
  • Bonus Coins to begin customizing faster*

WotV Vahalla Edition - £99.99

• Digital Art Book (concept art, level screen art, etc…)*
  • Deluxe Soundtrack*
  • Unique Premium Saxon Helmet*
  • Blood Eagle's Unique Viking Helmet*
  • Lifetime Viking Pass: All current content and future content unlocked (leveling on unlocks still required) for the lifetime of the War of the Vikings*
  • Giftable Bonus Coins to help a friend-in-arms begin customizing faster*

11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!

Offline Mørkravn

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 03:48:15 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hate when games have multiple editions. It's quite expensive too. :'(

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 08:33:35 AM »
I've seen mentions of how WotV combat mechanic is so much different from WotR, but I have yet to get any explanation why or how. So far, it looks as if it's the same game in a different skin and still has that dreadful perk system. True, they plan on implementing customizable beards, which is a huge improvement, but just not enough to get me interested yet.

Offline MKNine

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
I've seen mentions of how WotV combat mechanic is so much different from WotR, but I have yet to get any explanation why or how. So far, it looks as if it's the same game in a different skin and still has that dreadful perk system. True, they plan on implementing customizable beards, which is a huge improvement, but just not enough to get me interested yet.

You gather up speed and move in a more fluid way than in WoTR, and you also have a stamina bar that allows you to run. In melee there are special attacks that can instakill if succesful and also a dodging system that allows you to quickly evade (in 4 directions)

So the gameplay is a lot faster than WoTR.

Offline Furiso

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
WotR can't cope with the top speeds it has so is WotV able to cope with faster?

Weapon-X

Offline Osares

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »

Weapon-X

Yes that is what im wondering to, what's the point with dodging when you will be hit even if you dodge?
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Ro.oT

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »

Weapon-X

Yes that is what im wondering to, what's the point with dodging when you will be hit even if you dodge?

I find this game really frustrating. Character seems heavy and fast at the same time really confusing

Offline Lisen

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »
I feel it handles quite well. Swingspeed of weapons increase if you release the swing when the "swingpowerbar" is fully loaded and also deal the most damage. It only stays fully loaded for a very short time (feels like somewhere 0.8-1.2 seconds.)

As I already se alot of improvements gameplay/feel vice over wotr im possitive the quite long time wotv has to release will polish it further and has potentital to become great  :)

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/app/234530/discussions/1/792923683515997181/

BEASTLIEST & BESTEST BEARD COMPETITION
Are you so excited for War of the Vikings that your face has become covered by a forest of coarse hairs? No worries - in common tongue it's called a beard and the Vikings and Saxons were pretty fond of them back in the day!

With this in consideration we are hereby launching the BEASTLIEST & BESTEST BEARD Competition - or the BBBC in short.

We challenge you, the community, to grow the beastliest and most awe inspiring beard or mustache humanly possible - inspired by the Vikings and Saxons from the old days.

Share an image of your beard (see rules) on our Facebook page and/or WotV SteamHub with the tag #BBBC included in the image description. Then get your friends, family and facial-hair-fans to vote for you so that you can win the grand prize and forever digitally glorify your creation!

The five facial hairs that get the most up-votes/likes will be reviewed by a jury of impartial experts from Fatshark and Paradox Interactive and TWO winners will be selected - one Viking and one Saxon.

The amazing prize that both winners will receive is to have YOUR beard/mustache modeled by the artists at Fatshark and added to War of the Vikings as one of the many

beards in the character editor - making it possible for anyone who plays the game to wear your facial hair and pretend to be as awesome as you!

As if that is not enough the two winners will also receive a Valhalla edition of War of the Vikings each.

RULES:
* The five beards with the largest amount of TOTAL likes and up-votes will be selected for jury judgement
* You need to have liked our page on Facebook
* Any decoration and modification is allowed, braids, beads, swords - whatever you want!
* You can only upload your image once at each location, a total of two (fb+steamhub) - you are then free to Share the image as much as you want
* Your image needs to be posted here and/or on the War of the Vikings Early Access SteamHub ARTWORK section
* The image needs to contain the tag #BBBC in both the description and actual image (written on a paper, on your forehead, braided into your epic facial hair etc.)
* The beard in question needs to be your own
* The winner of the competition needs to be able to provide us with images that shows the winning beard from the front and both sides
* Once the competition has concluded we will contact the winners via either Steam or Facebook, we reserve the right to change winners if we do not get a response within reasonable time
* You do NOT need to own WotV to participate, but doing so lets you post your contribution to SteamHub increasing your chance to win

This competition will run until January 15th, 2014.

Best of luck!

Regards,
The War of the Vikings Team

Offline Skinnyjean

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »
Are you entering this competition Aero?!

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:05 PM »
Yep, imma gonna win!