Author Topic: Kingmakers Balance  (Read 6360 times)

Offline Thomas of Hookton

• Ooy mate! scooby-doo is less confused than you.
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Kingmakers Balance
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 10:55:45 PM »
and there is a bug, i dont know if anyone else noticed it, when i shoot a horse with a bow, if i shoot again once or twice in the same direction, it's like the horse is still there and i keep making damage to the horse, hearing the headshots sound and the red number pops up aswell, and if there is another person on the other side, aiming at him, he doesnt take damage...
'Nothing gives a fearful man more courage than another's fear.'

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 12:31:58 AM »
and there is a bug, i dont know if anyone else noticed it, when i shoot a horse with a bow, if i shoot again once or twice in the same direction, it's like the horse is still there and i keep making damage to the horse, hearing the headshots sound and the red number pops up aswell, and if there is another person on the other side, aiming at him, he doesnt take damage...

Isn't that the famous horse corpse bug? Kill a horse, preferably Lisen's, and then any swing or arrow shot in it's direction is taken by the horse's corpse rather than any hostile/friendly soldier. Probably a glitchy hitbox or collision. So:

Attacks around a horse's corpse don't hit where intented due bloated hitbox/collision of dead horse.
  • Fix collision if caused by bad collision
  • Fix hitbox if caused by bad hitbox

Offline Thomas of Hookton

• Ooy mate! scooby-doo is less confused than you.
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 12:46:19 AM »

Isn't that the famous horse corpse bug? Kill a horse, preferably Lisen's, and then any swing or arrow shot in it's direction is taken by the horse's corpse rather than any hostile/friendly soldier. Probably a glitchy hitbox or collision. So:

Attacks around a horse's corpse don't hit where intented due bloated hitbox/collision of dead horse.
  • Fix collision if caused by bad collision
  • Fix hitbox if caused by bad hitbox

yes.
and if u charge ("f") you are stopped by the very dead and lying in the ground horse..

people started to want zombies in wotr. there are zombies. but horse zombies, looks like...
'Nothing gives a fearful man more courage than another's fear.'

Offline tomy

• dta designs
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »
These been sent to Pato and Livam from PDX and FS.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhHAGDg3gWc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xhHAGDg3gWc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4lo70gioC14" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4lo70gioC14</a>
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:44:20 PM by tomYboy »

Offline MKNine

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »
I'd like to see the parry delay removed, but the main issue for me is the archery balance. It's not only that the new low-powered and high RoF bows are effective against everything making the high-powered Longbows and Warbows pretty much obsolete, it's that the various ammunition types are no longer situational. Before the last balance patches arrow/bolt choice mattered because some of the high damage arrows/bolts never penetrated plate making 'AP' necessary against armour. Now pretty much all types reliably go through plate except crescent moon. And why bother using normal or AP arrows when Swallow Tail do more damage and cause bleeding, or when Fire Arrows behave more like spells from The Elder Scrolls or incendiary rounds.

Offline Fullmoon

• Class: None
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
Yes, it was much more interesting without parry delay

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 09:54:25 PM »
You can charge while holding an attack but you can't charge when you're holding a block. (Also just pressing the block button without moving your mouse disabled you from charging.)

Offline Lisen

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 12:28:19 AM »
We had Oliveran from native playing abit with us last night. These are his impressions of the game atm.

"While using the normal "charge" animation (base hotkey: F), you can counter-charge before an enemy can hit back, which makes charging useless unless the enemy has it on cooldown - and due to the fact that the delay the game has when it's not LAN (0 ping) makes it looks choppy, you won't have time to reactionblock the charge (downblock), so you won't have time to hit back since the opponent can countercharge.
Thus, you can always get a free hit if someone charges you in a 1v1 situation, since you can countercharge and hit him. Should be fixed, if it's not made to be this way."

Offline Osares

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »
Yes the charges are porly made and has not much reason except getting you somewhere fast, never noticed you get a free hit with them?
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
Yes the charges are porly made and has not much reason except getting you somewhere fast, never noticed you get a free hit with them?

Try charging at the side or back of your opponent. He'll be eating dust then. People who turn in their swing are open to those tackles. Head on is just a minor bump with no real punch behind it.

Offline Oliveran

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »

Try charging at the side or back of your opponent. He'll be eating dust then. People who turn in their swing are open to those tackles. Head on is just a minor bump with no real punch behind it.

Tell me if I'm incorrect, but it doesn't matter how you're turned, the way your camera is turned is where you will charge, right? If I'm right, which I think I am (but not 100%), it doesn't matter if the opponent isn't distracted, since he'll get the "free hit" instead.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:05:28 PM by Oliveran »

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Osares

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 02:42:38 PM »

Tell me if I'm incorrect, but it doesn't matter how you're turned, the way your camera is turned is where you will charge, right? If I'm right, which I think I am (but not 100%), it doesn't matter if the opponent isn't distracted, since he'll get the "free hit" instead.

He meant that if you charge your opponent in the back/sides he gets stunned and falls down (equivalent to a approx 2 second stun) and that is kinda the only reason to actually charge at your opponent in a duel, since the other reasons has a greater risk then what you can achieve.
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Oliveran

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »

He meant that if you charge your opponent in the back/sides he gets stunned and falls down (equivalent to a approx 2 second stun) and that is kinda the only reason to actually charge at your opponent in a duel, since the other reasons has a greater risk then what you can achieve.

Ah, that I didn't know (thought the knockdown was random - only played for 1.5h with some IG guys :D), so side or back is knockdown? Then it only needs a fix for frontal charges.

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline philldo_raine

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
sometimes it a random knockdown from the front... i donno why... its like the hamstring trigger from the front...
and because the client based hit detection weird things are happening al over the place... doesn't matter of if its high ping or not
back in my counter-strike 1.6 days it was necesary to have a good ping (10-30 and no package loss) and it was like sience to achive that because you could mess around with every of u connection settings

when i see this game u always have ping jumping around from 50 to 80 sometimes 100... that would have made counter-strike unplayable but in this game u get hits from 10 meters away when a guy got 400 ping... kinda redic
what i would like to see is a better information what ur ping exactly is (package loss etc.)
and i would like to mess around with my connection settings so i can optimise them for my internet connection