Author Topic: PDX Livestream with announcements about new content  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
PDX Livestream with announcements about new content
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »
Tune in to the Paradox Convention 2013 Press Conference live from Reykjavik, Iceland at 4pm GMT (11am PST) today for three exciting new War of the Roses announcements!

You can find the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Lisen

• Class: None
Re: PDX Livestream with announcements about new content
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »
Nice forest!
And lets hope we can turn off leaderboards.

Offline philldo_raine

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
why do you want this so bad lisen?
ohhh.. i forgot.... your haxx :P

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
Would be hilarious if Gordon ordered it to be made so you can turn off leaderboards for everyone but Lisen.

Offline Lisen

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:47:24 PM »
Would be hilarious if Gordon ordered it to be made so you can turn off leaderboards for everyone but Lisen.

Yes it would be kinda funny. But as punishment i would refuse to be anything but #1! :smh:

Reason why I want to be able to turn it off or not be shown is:
1. Trainings. Sometimes we practise 1v2. Sometimes we practise stuff that simply result in deaths. ( Standing still and let people shot/hit you in the head in all kind of ways. )

2. I often try different loadout and combinations that are given fails for good k/d but I explore possibilites for them in groupfights and scenarios that might pop up in scrims.

3. A system like this might "lock" players to use a loadout that have worked for them and now they feel they cant change. This could mean more "twins" on our servers.

4. I only have bad experience when it comes to leaderboards.

Offline tomy

• dta designs
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »
It will be reset every month though

Offline Lisen

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »
It will be reset every month though

It doesnt matter.
If we have members that care about stats that particular month it might mean that they will be reluctant when it comes to certain aspects of training.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
I do not know anything about leader boards - are they per server?  In which case could it be a server setting to not include it.  TBH it seems a bit pointless if private servers are included in a global leader board - wouldn't it be really easy for a server owner to set a password and a group of friends pad their stats?

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Osares

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »
Well tbh i thought it was funny to look at your overall stats in Halo3 (theirs was awesome btw) but only when they are personal. Making a top 100 is pretty bad when you have a server system that works like this one. But since i didn't find any information about it on google i wonder what type of leaderboard it will be?
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Lisen

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
I do not know anything about leader boards - are they per server?  In which case could it be a server setting to not include it.  TBH it seems a bit pointless if private servers are included in a global leader board - wouldn't it be really easy for a server owner to set a password and a group of friends pad their stats?

Ye if we could have it turned off on our server it might mean that players who gets tired of players who just play for their own scoring will favorite IG BG.
I mean players get angry about "killsteals" now. A scoreboard might trigger this alot more. :no:

But im mostly tossing arround worst-case scenarios. Lets hope they work it out very well and makes everyone happy!

Offline Wh1tE_Dw4rF

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 12:07:29 PM »

Yes it would be kinda funny. But as punishment i would refuse to be anything but #1! :smh:

Reason why I want to be able to turn it off or not be shown is:
1. Trainings. Sometimes we practise 1v2. Sometimes we practise stuff that simply result in deaths. ( Standing still and let people shot/hit you in the head in all kind of ways. )

2. I often try different loadout and combinations that are given fails for good k/d but I explore possibilites for them in groupfights and scenarios that might pop up in scrims.

3. A system like this might "lock" players to use a loadout that have worked for them and now they feel they cant change. This could mean more "twins" on our servers.

4. I only have bad experience when it comes to leaderboards.

I'd have to agree with these points. They only promote abuse of FotM loadouts. Things like that make it so people with short attention span go apeshit and will only work for personal gain to up their scores than to work with the team in mind.