Author Topic: Verloren [currently on the server]  (Read 4466 times)

Offline AZAN

Verloren [currently on the server]
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:32:17 AM »
Hey, I submitted this map to the ENL a while back but so far there hasn't been another tournament to put it to the test yet. So I thought I would submit it here to see if it would work well as a public battle map (it's been designed with competitive battle in mind).

Verloren

Download: http://download847.mediafire.com/cyd3shcp7vlg/kjixlbcvwsu3lgj/scn_multi_scene_wnl_verloren.sco

Terrain Code: Uses Default
Code: [Select]
scn_multi_scene_custom_2 multi_scene_custom_2 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000001300389800003a4ea000058340000637a0000399b
 outer_terrain_plain

Description
Verloren is a closed map aimed at getting a good class balance and supporting active offensive play as well as defensive. Neither team starts with very good defensive positions so as to avoid the situation we get on Nord Town (both teams starting with nice positions so no one moves). The only position which could be considered strong defensively is the tower in the centre, however this can be reached at almost exactly the same time by either team so can be contested (and has 3 entrances allowing for it to be attacked even after it is taken). The central tower is also relatively useless for controlling flags as it only has partial far away views of two of the flags, it is however useful for controlling the central area of the map.

One point of interest is the tunnels, these allow the teams to get round the back of each other without being easily spotted and also connect through to the central tower.

The flags are arranged so that they are roughly equidistant from each other, the defenders start closer to two of them and the attackers start on top of the third one. However the map isn't really so much a defender/attacker scenario like Village or Port Assault and both teams should be relatively even in their options and tactical positions.

The flags are located at the attackers spawn, the market and another open area nearby the defenders spawn. Each flag location offers some cover for rangers however except for the latter flag none of the cover is on raised inaccessible areas. The flags are also located in the open allowing cavalry to engage and be useful. On that same note pretty much the whole map is cav friendly and cavalry can get everywhere except the top of the central tower. The streets are wide and the majority of detail objects or obstacles are tucked into the sides. Given the map is also mostly flat this also helps cavalry. The map has also been extensively tested so the vast majority of glitch spots or bugs should already have been removed.

Screenshots
Overview
Central Area
Tunnels
Defenders Spawn
Attackers Spawn and Flag Location
Flag Location
Flag Location
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:01:42 AM by AZAN »

Offline virus_found

• last.fm
  • Class: Cavalry
Re: Verloren - Battle Map
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »
Tunnels sound fun. But this map seems a bit abundant on details and probably will cause fps drops for people.
last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/virus_found

Everytime there is Vaegir, there is a guarantee that archerspam will happen.

Offline AZAN

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
Tunnels sound fun. But this map seems a bit abundant on details and probably will cause fps drops for people.

No one who has played it so far has reported any issues of that sort. Also the map is 1/4 the file size of village and I tend to be very sparing with details. Don't let the number of houses fool you, they aren't actually very expensive to render and they have LOD's too.

Offline nedsat

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
Map looks good Azan. And it sounds like you've put alot of thought into it aswell.

We'll look into it at first chance :)
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline AZAN

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
Thankyou  :)

Offline AZAN

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »
Hey, did this get forgotten about? D:

Offline nedsat

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:09:47 AM »
I'll look into it.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline Triari

• External Admin
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »
I know this topic is quite old but I got a question:

It happened to me a few times already so I was wondering if that's something you can avoid however. If you're standing on top of that tower and falling down you get the normal fall damage which is somewhere around 80% I guess. I can live with that but sometimes I get this damage twice. So I hear the sound if I hit the ground but losing all my health this time (even with the best armour). I don't know if that is some kind of bug in the game but probably there is a way to fix this (I have no idea how) so I just wanted to ask.

Offline AZAN

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »
Probably an issue with the game handling long drops rather than my map specifically, doesn't sound like a big issue if its pretty much killing you anyway.

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
Probably an issue with the game handling long drops rather than my map specifically, doesn't sound like a big issue if its pretty much killing you anyway.

Well it's always good to survive even if you fall down that far:)
But okay, I guess I just have to be more carefully. Thanks for the quick answer  ;)

Offline Schakal

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Glitch:
Spoiler

An invisible wall should solve that.

Offline nedsat

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
Thanks. I'll contact Azan about it.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline AZAN

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 03:07:10 PM »
This should fix it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftb930cyuftv244/scn_multi_scene_custom_4.sco

Bug only came about because of the latest patch, prior to that horses couldn't go up the stairs :P.

Offline tomy

• dta designs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
It is updated on IG_Battlegrounds.

Offline AZAN

Re: Verloren [currently on the server]
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Updated, changelist:

• House next to courtyard with poor collision rebuilt to have correct collision
  • You can no longer glitch inside the small wall in attackers spawn
  • You can no longer jump on the roof of the stables with a horse
  • You can no longer stand on the collision at the base of the tower

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kjixlbcvwsu3lgj/scn_multi_scene_wnl_verloren.sco