Author Topic: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlords Announced  (Read 24562 times)

Offline Le_Roux

• External Admin
  • Na Mi Chaah
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlords Announced
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »
a force field which stops everything from a direction.

Seems like it has been a tad too long since you last played.
It basicly is like that though, yes you can be footshot, but an archer has to be pretty damn good to consistently footshot somebody.
Oh, and yes pikestuns, but that's not relevant for archers/crossbows.

The only real thing I'd nerf is shooting through shields.
we r   migghter worio---fighterrs of ''istnar''' and r fgighting evvill and creul rodoc and swadiaaans   llool xXDDDD heha

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
  • Class: None
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 07:43:08 AM »
I just wish they'd fix the fricking collision detection. Like shields blocking attacks from behind, or under the horse. Or people walking up to you with an attack readied, their weapon through your held up shield, then release and hit. Or attacks sometimes being blocked by environment and sometimes being able to go through them.

Oh, and remove lolspins.
  • IG_Mgt_ryozu
  • ryozu ryozu

Offline nedsat

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »
  • Athletics of infantry should be higher.

• Jump shooting should be disabled.
  • The angle of where an archer get bumped when an enemy walks into him while he is holding an ready ranged weapon should be way wider and maybe even also from a farther distance.
  • The time it takes to switch weapon from a bow/xbow to melee weapon should be longer so it isn't posible to shoot at melee ranged and switch weapon to block before you opponent can counter.
  • Archers shouldn't be able to pick up the heaviest equipment (like the big 2handers)
  • Number of arrows/bolts per quiver should be reduced by 30%
  • The basic (and free) bows should be nerfed so it would actually make sense to upgrade it and not giving archers an armor advantage over cav and inf where nothing of their free gear is the best you can get.

• Horse bump should require a more frontal collision (that bs when you get bumped by a horse by standing to close to its side jezz)
  • Horses should be bit less vulnerable to ranged attacks
  • Horses should be more vulnerable to melee attacks.
  • Damage bonus at low speed should be down scaled heavily.

Makes me sad to think of all these things  :'(
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
Oh, right, forgot one thing. Cav should bump allies too.
  • IG_Mgt_ryozu
  • ryozu ryozu

Offline Mordgrim

• The Evil Uncle!
    • Niles Herman music
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
To Nedsat:

Athletics of infantry should be higher.

Jump shooting should be disabled. [disabled in WotR, no attacks with either melee or ranged weapons possible while jumping]

The angle of where an archer get bumped when an enemy walks into him while he is holding an ready ranged weapon should be way wider and maybe even also from a farther distance.

The time it takes to switch weapon from a bow/xbow to melee weapon should be longer so it isn't posible to shoot at melee ranged and switch weapon to block before you opponent can counter. [in WotR you can charge the archer at such speed you can often get a hit in before he switches to melee weapons]

Archers shouldn't be able to pick up the heaviest equipment (like the big 2handers) [in WotR there is no pickup of others equipment]

Number of arrows/bolts per quiver should be reduced by 30% [in Wotr you start with 10 arrows in your quiver without perks, can be upped to 25 with double quiver perk]

The basic (and free) bows should be nerfed so it would actually make sense to upgrade it and not giving archers an armor advantage over cav and inf where nothing of their free gear is the best you can get. [in WotR the cheapest bows are crappy, and heavy armor can be worn but it significantly reduces the archery rate of fire to gimphood]

Horse bump should require a more frontal collision (that bs when you get bumped by a horse by standing to close to its side jezz) [Ive bumped countless people in WotR, never managed to do it to the side]

Horses should be bit less vulnerable to ranged attacks
Horses should be more vulnerable to melee attacks.
Damage bonus at low speed should be down scaled heavily. [in WotR I cavalry is currently severly nerfed, it remains to be seen how they pan out on the coming days/weeks]

Makes me sad to think of all these things  [did I forget to mention WotR?  ;) ]

Offline Mordgrim

• The Evil Uncle!
    • Niles Herman music
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »
Oh, right, forgot one thing. Cav should bump allies too.

Enabled in WotR  ;:)

Offline nedsat

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 11:18:05 AM »
Too bad I haven't seen anything yet from WotR that made me think I even wanted to try it.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline Ivarr

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Swinging your weapon while jumping is one of the things I forgot to mention. Hitting something when jumping forward, or down from somewhere, is fun and can be useful - I'd keep it. I'd nerf the jumps vertically. Characters shouldn't be able to jump as high as they jump in Warband. That nerf would cause issues with getting around the map, though. So, the character should be able to climb over small fences and such. Also, you shouldn't be able to swing behind you while jumping forward.

It's easy to nerf archers to be less effective and not fun. I was thinking maybe nerfing their melee efficiency would be good. Archers' melee stats could be lowered, but if you take away too much you'll end up losing fights even if you are fairly proficient in melee. Your character would simply be too slow, or not hit hard enough, and you'd get spammed to death, for instance. That would be frustrating. I'd rather nerf their starting equipment.

• Nerfing rate of fire a little could be a good thing.
  • I'd be careful about making them simply less accurate - any additional fighting mechanic randomness in a skill based games will make it less fun.
  • Archer fatigue could be one way to go - if you rapidly shoot arrows, you (your arm) will be fatigued, and you continue losing accuracy. A short break or much slower rate of fire would restore accuracy.
  • Another way to nerf those accurate long shots would be to introduce simple wind mechanics. The wind would push the arrow to side, make it drop sooner, or give it boost, depending on it's direction. Wind's direction would be detectable by visual cues, such as movement of flags, BANNERS!, grass, trees, leaves on the ground.

Spoiler
In WotR, your horse has gears and your arrows respawn :rolleyes:.
  • Ivarr Ivarr

Offline Crusader

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2012, 01:36:17 PM »
Archer fatigue could be one way to go - if you rapidly shoot arrows, you (your arm) will be fatigued, and you continue losing accuracy. A short break or much slower rate of fire would restore accuracy.
that's really a nice thing that should be added

but anyway i prefer a lot warband melee fighting instead of Wotr at the moment

Offline yourNotAlone

• You're not alone. I'm always with you!
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
I'd like to see someone drowning or burning. And you shouldn't be able to jump down a high wall without getting damage, even if you have a heavy armor.
Quote from: Zoltanus
14:44 - Zoltanus: <3
14:44 - Zoltanus: 4 ever

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
I'd like to see someone drowning or burning.
You mean, you want to see your character take damage from fires and staying under water for too long -- right?  :o

Offline Cybran

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
To Nedsat:

Athletics of infantry should be higher.

Jump shooting should be disabled. [disabled in WotR, no attacks with either melee or ranged weapons possible while jumping]

The angle of where an archer get bumped when an enemy walks into him while he is holding an ready ranged weapon should be way wider and maybe even also from a farther distance.

And to make this more fun in wotr you can shoot all the time no bump, so inf stands inside of you and you can still shoot.

The time it takes to switch weapon from a bow/xbow to melee weapon should be longer so it isn't posible to shoot at melee ranged and switch weapon to block before you opponent can counter. [in WotR you can charge the archer at such speed you can often get a hit in before he switches to melee weapons] Or the infantry guy get's one hit KO, becouse of the charge.

Archers shouldn't be able to pick up the heaviest equipment (like the big 2handers) [in WotR there is no pickup of others equipment] They plan to add it later.

Number of arrows/bolts per quiver should be reduced by 30% [in Wotr you start with 10 arrows in your quiver without perks, can be upped to 25 with double quiver perk] My machine gun archer rarely runs out of arrows becouse the refill, so with the double quiver you have like 30 arrows if you keep spaming them and did i mention the officer perk?

The basic (and free) bows should be nerfed so it would actually make sense to upgrade it and not giving archers an armor advantage over cav and inf where nothing of their free gear is the best you can get. [in WotR the cheapest bows are crappy, and heavy armor can be worn but it significantly reduces the archery rate of fire to gimphood] There is no bad bow in wotr and I can prove it if you want. Actually bow in wotr is way stronger than in warband. for one simple reason shooting in wotr is extreamly easy.

Horse bump should require a more frontal collision (that bs when you get bumped by a horse by standing to close to its side jezz) [Ive bumped countless people in WotR, never managed to do it to the side]
][/b]

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
I thought this was about MnB II and not WotR. As Fatshark mentioned countless times, they are different games.
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline yourNotAlone

• You're not alone. I'm always with you!
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
I'd like to see someone drowning or burning.
You mean, you want to see your character take damage from fires and staying under water for too long -- right?  :o
Well, that's what I tried to say, but burning people would be nice aswell, running around burning and taking damage - and dieing after a short time.
Also it would be cool to let wooden weapons burn, like burning bamboospears or burning arrows. Perhaps to burn Siege equipment aswell.
Quote from: Zoltanus
14:44 - Zoltanus: <3
14:44 - Zoltanus: 4 ever

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
Oh, imagine the wonderful troll posibilities if you could set people on fire  :)) Nah, I think I'd leave that alone.

In general I just wish there would be less unpredictable outcomes in the game. There are way too many ugly situations, like teleporting horsemen when the horse dies, weapon ghost reach or unblockable instant stabs. It should always be possible to react to what you see and not just "hope" that the game is telling you the truth -- because let's face it, at the moment the game is a lying bitch  :P