Author Topic: Steam - Multiple PCs  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Kalient

• Class: Cavalry
Steam - Multiple PCs
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
I recently found an old copy of Red Orchestra after digging around looking for my school books... Now, I was just about to install it(the game has Steam-only activation) but I am most likely going to buy a new PC fairly soon and I was wondering if Steam allows you to install games on multiple PCs? or is it all tied to the account only, not the PC?

Awaiting respones... My trigger finger is getting itchy.

Offline Beardface

• Class: Ranger
Re: Steam - Multiple PCs
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »
Steam stores and remembers any games you purchased through it. So if its a steam version of a game it remember it and lets you redownload it on any pc. If its a game you manually added to steam it just makes use of the chat and services but it doesn't remember it.

Offline Kalient

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
Ok thanks Zan, and I did check the Steam website beforehand, but its support didn't have anything and the forums didn't even have a search function...

Offline Beardface

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
Hmm odd!, but yeah i find it really usefull for the games i did purchase through steam. I lost the CD to team fortress for example and not too long ago i felt like giving it a go again and voila, just pop the download through steam and youre good to go :D.