Author Topic: Calradia Antica!(MP)  (Read 8828 times)

Offline Demonhun

• Class: Infantry
Re: Calradia Antica!(MP)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
I didnt say its good to steal stuff, i just said that they should release their stuff open source

Offline Spec

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
They didn't though, and I'd honestly have taken the links from his posts and given him a few weeks of vacation if I'd be a taleworlds forum mod.

Even if they didn't copyright their content as large mod developers do, it's still an insult to the work of a modder to take his products and claim them as your own, or release them as part of your mod (with or without credits) without asking.

I mean, I'm only mapping, but if someone'd take one of my maps, put it into their mod and this mod'd then be successful party because of my maps - that I intended to use for a different mod maybe that people now are not interested in anymore because of his successful mod - I'd be majorly pissed off. It's like using the IG tag without permission to get into an otherwise closed event.

You don't take other peoples work and use it to your advantage without their agreement. It's just common sense, and I cannot understand how one'd not care about that (I don't mean you, Demon, I understood your reasoning; you only would want more people to release their work as open source).
  • Spec
  • Spec Spec

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »
Úlfheðinn is back! :o
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Zoltanus

• The Valiant purges the evil!
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

Who was that again?  :o

"Cutlass": i hope to be pissed titfaced or wankerd

Offline Eiríkur

• Class: None
  • Clan: Shieldings
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 11:36:49 PM »

Who was that again?  :o

A legend of pre-beta days! He is indeed back.

In other news; as one of the main developers on Vikingr, I cannot possibly articulate how pissed I would be were someone to rip models from our mod for personal use. It ain't cool... For Sophie and Demonhun, I would advise that you spend countless evenings and manhours in the production of something that you love, only for someone to effectively steal it from under ye' nose in a matter of seconds.  ;)

At any rate, Lord Claudius truly has no idea how TaleWorlds works. To claim ignorance is folly and buys a few days at most to sort the problem. The fact that he is continuing to develop and advance the mod is a little lame.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:38:55 PM by Eiríkur »

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 12:12:31 AM »
I just said more open source should be public XD I believe in open source ;p
Staling is nevah good