Author Topic: Fire and Sword Announced !  (Read 18285 times)

Offline Alexander

• Banned
  • "Because you're worth it."
  • Class: None
Re: Fire and Sword Announced !
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 08:13:56 PM »
Same as in Native, where bows are way more accurate and have much greater range than in real life.

Not too much of a problem imo, especially considering the whole forcefield effect thing of shields.

The reason bows have to be so accurate I reckon is because bows can't really be used like they could in real life due to lack of formations/volleys ability.

Offline M

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
That vikingr mod has no shield forcefields, the tradeoff being that ranged weapons have no aiming reticule. Of course it takes less than a minute to re-add the aiming reticle and have a massive advantage over every other archer and make round shields offer about the same protection as a condom run through a blender

realism is garbage

Offline M

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 08:37:05 PM »
Captain Team Deathmatch

With Fire & Sword's great new multiplayer mode puts players in charge of their own squad of soldiers.
Lead 4 to 24 soldiers into battle. With a total of 16 human captains all leading squads Captain Team Deathmatch is the mode to look to for massive fun!
This sounds good for those weirdos who like bot battles with braindead AI!

Offline Alexander

• Banned
  • "Because you're worth it."
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 10:01:03 PM »
Do we have to buy it?

If so, meh.

Offline Demonhun

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
Well it looks very good to be honest + i wouldnt bother buying a game that i really like cuz i been playing mount and blade for ages now so might as well upgrade to newer versions. They will release more info soon though.

Offline Fiddler

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 11:35:40 PM »
Same as in Native, where bows are way more accurate and have much greater range than in real life.
Meh, good luck making the game perfectly accurate about fighting with battles rarely having more than a few dozen people.

You could always go and correct bow accuracy/remove the shield forcefields/make lances break etc. but I doubt it'd be that much more enjoyable.

• Fiddler
  • SootShade SootShade

Offline Mathias

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
YEAAAAA AWESOME :olooooO

The new graphics and environment kick ass. Its not a mod btw.... its a STANDALONE EXPANSION with NEW MULTIPLAYER MODES ;O

Edit:

From taleworld website

A storyline based on the cult novel from
Nobel-prize winner author Henry Sienkiewicz.

A new century of warfare that brings pistols, muskets, grenades, and other advanced weaponry to the battlefield. (GRENADES WOOT)

Fully customizable armies; players can outfit their soldiers with each piece of weaponry & armor.(MOAR WOOT)

Additional quest types. More political intrigue with colorful factions. More adventure in a new land.(RP YAY)

New economic system, which includes village / town development, a banking system, & new trade options. Players will have the opportunity to loan money, keep money on deposit, and arrange caravans.(ECONOMY ;o)

Multiple endings to sustain player's interest and increase replayability.(FINALLY AN ENDING XD)

Deeply researched historical component encompassing every aspect of the game's assets.

Ferocious new multiplayer action, bringing players the thrill of pitting old technology against the looming threat of firearms.(SWORDS VS GUNS GIEF)

aNYWAYS GUYS CHECK TALEWORLDS MAIN PAGE I CBA LINKING THE WHOLE SHIT CUZ ALL OF IT IS EPIC ;d
nerdGasm? :O
get kills or die tryin'

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
pretty much

Offline Trajano

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »
I was really looking forward to this.
It's a really interesting historical period.
  • Trajano Trajano

Offline Kalient

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »

Isn't that just... this?

Saw it on shelves in Poland for E20.

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »
Thats the old crap version before mount and blade was released. Now its getting revamped with the MB engine.

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »
Link is broken for me Willy.

I was looking around its stuff today morning, and I really like it but if the bows are stronger than the rifles/guns and reload more fast, and are still more accurate like on M&M Im wondering why anyone should prefer them over the bows. I hope they are quite good at balancing...
Btw I noticed there arent any shields.. Then I have to learn manual blocking. Xd

Spoiler
Pistols:
Accurate and deadly at short range, pistols can be a great way to open your melee offense or help take out an encroaching hussar.

Muskets:
A new age weapon that forever changed warfare. Muskets deliver death from afar, whittling down enemy forces from great distance.

Bows:
Fast and accurate, the bow & arrow is still an effective death dealer in this new age of gun powder. Bows can be used to fatal effect from an archer-line's volley fire to a mounted expert's calculated kill shot.

Hand Grenades:
Early 17th century grenades pack a punch that can be felt in great radius, capable of downing small regiments of men. Their powerful effect is balanced by their exuberant cost and rarity.

I like the idea of the hand grenades.

Edit: Oh your right... didnt notice it cause there were lots of screenshot where none had one. o.o
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:00:44 PM by Miwiw »

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
There are shields, check the screenshots

Offline Trajano

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »
Yep, some of the polish troops use them.
By the way, they keep them in their forearm when using bows instead of in the back as in WB.
Looks pretty cool.
  • Trajano Trajano