Author Topic: Kingdom of Swadia Clan Roleplaying Server  (Read 47839 times)

Offline Sarnek

• Class: Ranger
Re: Kingdom of Swadia Clan Roleplaying Server
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
THE SERVER IS BACK!

Don't be so hasty...

Offline Soulghost

• Invictus
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:27 PM »
Back? Seriously?
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Soulghost

• Invictus

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »
Spoiler
Alright, so the whole TWW thing is out of view, especially given the first reactions from the beta team.

Quote from: tester
TWW's first siege occurred today.

3 RCC members were building things on top of a mountain, while 3 others were at the spawn killing each other. We built walls and craftbenches and began to construct weapons when the 3 decided to work together to attack us. We held them off the first wave, but they eventually got through and took the base. We respawned and charged straight for the base, a suicide attack.

I thought of an idea, which was to spawn a wooden wall and leave it in edit mode. I would then use the directional keys to move the wall along as mobile cover (upon which i discovered that as a bug). Eventually, we retook the base (which was now in shambles).

To be honest, I don't think guns will allow for much roleplay (at least how they are implemented now). During the first TWW siege myself and the other defenders were easily able to snipe enemies from 250m+ without any trouble. That's why I said the guns were too accurate.

That ain't roleplay at all. So sadly even if this mod would release and be hosted it would most likely be near impossible to maintain a roleplaying atmosphere the way it was on the swadian RP server.

Swadian RP server... Swadian RP server... That was some really interesting stuff. Soooo...

Why don't we give it another go ? Higher wages, more admins, a bunch of map tweaks and basically excluding the unfixable game mechanics from the sever are my first thoughts, well let's just see what happens after you guys give me a few days to try some stuff this out, i hope itll work at all with the new warband update. Stay tuned!

Spoiler
Quote from: Shieldings_Jur on Today at 11:36:28 AM
The mod is still in closed beta so it's to soon to say if you will be able to roleplay or not.

With RCC its not gonna improve much since well, you've seen their PWmod server. And given the mechanics i think TWW will become more of a Gmod kind of thing, great fun with building and blazing guns, but i really dont think its cut for the standard of role play us swadians are used to from the SRP server.

Quoted from Blueberry.
I like the idea, I loved it even without more functions, smithing ua. Never cared about that. Just have to rework the whole thing about prices, need more admins and maybe a different setting.

Offline M

« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »
I can't see anything that "ain't roleplay at all" in that apart from spawn killing maybe?

sounds to me like swadia just don't like that rcc are in control of it not them

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
I prefer having ANYONE ELSE admining the servers other then RCC they suck and I have too much bad expiriences when PW was still in version 3 and there was some sort of RP.

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
Come on guys go comment on the news section and vote :o

Offline Soulghost

• Invictus
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
Come on guys go comment on the news section and vote :o

I am voting as fast as I can, dude!

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
Yaay they took my idea more or less :D:D Now rhooks have equal power

Spoiler
Hey guys, your favorite lovable and conniving bastard, Lammo here and I have a question to gauge what your guys' plans are for when the server reopens.

It's now no secret that we'll be pushing the storyline ahead five years and it goes without saying that it is one hell of a vacation. The skip ahead gives us all a chance to breathe, though. While things got climatic for some or dull for others, there's a lot that happened in the our little part of Swadia over the past five years which many of our characters could have struggled to live through, thrived in, or ultimately found themselves with a new bit of steel in the form of a dagger embedded in their throat.

While I have the master plan and am setting up the big stage for the starting point of our new adventure I'd like to ask all of you guys a question concerning your own personal stories but before I do, here are some big points I can share about what all has happened in Lvenkhal:

For two years a brutal civil war has ragged between the houses of Sirmen and Dragonfell concerning bad blood between the two lords at the close of the previous server. This, however, was instigated by some old friends who in these two years were forced into guerrilla warfare. The Rhodoks, in a brutal assassination on a House Dragonfell family member. Honor bound to let matters of personal dispute go on uncontested unless the country is in jeopardy, Lord Galmar stood by the sidelines as the once might houses demolished eachother in the ensuing feud.

In the third year, just as it seemed the houses were exhausted from war, the Rhodoks attacked in force and were met by Galmar's forces, joined by the battered remnants of the Dragonfell and Sirmen houses, who put aside their differences in the face of a common foe. This too was a hard fought engagement, draining vast amounts of resources from both sides. Little land was gained for a year, until the Rhodoks made a drastic push into Swadian lands, nearly taking the city in the process, which resulted i nthe deaths of many of its inhabitants. Due to the efforts of Sir Franklyn, who led a forlorn hope into the Rhodok ranks at the cost of his own life, the invaders were forced to retreat to a hard point near the bridge, where the leaders of the two nations brokered an uneasy truce, which has lasted a year and saw a new, Rhodok city raised on their newly established land.

And now, one year into the peace is where our setting takes place.

My question is, what have your characters been up to? Have they died? DO you have new ones? What have they taken from these experiences? Have they had other experiences, important to their own person? What will drive them now, and what are their goals?

Offline Sarnek

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2011, 10:11:16 PM »
Gimme the link to vote! I'm lazy enough to don't search it but not so lazy to write here :D

Offline Soulghost

• Invictus
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »
Ohh, I will write a biography for Rhodoks.., I think I wrote one for a diplomat.. :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:33:43 PM by Soulghost »

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2011, 10:51:29 PM »
After falling in ill favour with house sirmen, Geralt decided to lay low and used his sources to get information to sell to others, as well as help the rhodoks through brokering alliances with the locals to work with the rhodok militia. Through the first two years, expirience showed him that it is better to be wise and have information and friends everywhere and use them against his enemies instead of trying to face off against the lords head on. During these two years, he sold information to House Dragonfell most notably that helped them in their feud.

In the third year, he was contacted by the Rhodok Commander to use his connections to pay off some guards and hire some Swadian Mercenaries and peasants to revolt and create confusion in the Swadian City. This diversion enabled the Rhodoks to push into the Swadian lands and into the city itself, however the Swadians quickly counterattacked and managed to push them to the bridge.

When peace set in, Geralt was in good favours with the Rhodoks after the task he had helped doing doing in the Swadian City. He kept on building relationships with high seated people in both the Swadian and the Rhodok City, and nowadays, he has a reputation of being the go-to guy for finding out stuff about anyone and anything, and also doing some low profile work that is illegal, for a price. His network of spies and thugs is said to be a hoax by some, while by others, they are afraid to speak about this out of fear of something happening to them.

Altough Geralt is out of hiding and is most of the time in plain view, the authorieties have never confirmed his illegal actions,  and only a few lawful people which are protected dare speak out against his actions, but action is never taken by authorities, since the other high ranking people usually need his services as well.

RECRUITING SPIEZ :O

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »
Arundel's gonna have a son, so ya, you gonna have your spy.