Author Topic: Kingdom of Swadia Clan Roleplaying Server  (Read 46144 times)

Offline Demonhun

• Class: Infantry
Re: Kingdom of Swadia Clan Roleplaying Server
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
looks like a good idea. I think there were more IG though if im not mistaken

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 12:01:38 PM »
Ya some more are registered there but I didnt notice another characer bio. So would be nice if they say smth so I can add them. Once Sophie agrees with that, we could start a memberlist.
And I think we should first add only IG members and start recruiting later ingame but we should really look who we take.

And please give ideas to the name, I dont know. Would of course also be okay if its not smth like "Rhodokian ___" ;).

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »
Seems interesting.

Could be like Rhodokian Company. Rhodokian Club. Rhodokian Association. :D

EDIT: Rhodokian League. League of Rhodoks.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:39:52 PM by evacuee »
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
Ya some more are registered there but I didnt notice another characer bio. So would be nice if they say smth so I can add them. Once Sophie agrees with that, we could start a memberlist.
And I think we should first add only IG members and start recruiting later ingame but we should really look who we take.

And please give ideas to the name, I dont know. Would of course also be okay if its not smth like "Rhodokian ___" ;).

The Swadian Roleplaying Server is part of Warband, so our rule "It is not allowed to be in other Warband-clans at the same time." would apply. That means that you can play as IG in that 'mod' (even though it is Native), but not as part of any other guild. If we have a guild on the server, our rules will apply. Only IG-members can be part of it and decisions will be made by IG's committees and leaders (or by whoever would have the respective rights as per the constitution).

It might make sense to think about different structures and own leadership/members in the future, but that is part of a larger discussion about forming a multi-gaming clan and will not be solved yet.

So for now it is fine to organise yourself there, as long as you keep our rules in mind and keep IG's leaders up to date.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
Nah, I dont mean "guild" to be as the guild like a clan we all understand usually in common MMO's or online games.

It's meant like the guild back in the middleage that were common in big towns like London, merchant guilds for example. Afaik they existed (Im not into that history to give you examples etc but I think you understand what I mean).
Well ofc I wont found a "new clan" or smth like that. Its just an organization for that server to be in a special group, concerning the server rules etc. And ya I remember the IG rules and wont do something wrong, if you would participate in that server you would be our leader of course, its just to stick to RP.

Im just not sure about other members outside IG then? To be honest I didnt think about it when I was writing this. But good you wrote this then.
I think we gonna stick to IG members first then. Seems a lot of interest.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:04:08 PM by Miwiw »

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
Nah, I dont mean "guild" to be as the guild like a clan we all understand usually in common MMO's or online games.

It's meant like the guild back in the middleage that were common in big towns like London, merchant guilds for example. Afaik they existed (Im not into that history to give you examples etc but I think you understand what I mean).

I assumed that, but if it that kind of 'guild' has own leadership, rules and members it is a 'guild' in the modern sense, too.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
Well thats true. But those rules arent like the ones we have on IG. I just mean its all about trading, guarding etc. So it would show the prices of iron ore for example which are discussed in the "merchant guild" and "worker guild".
And the leadership is only there to make it RP matching... not to create a new clan.

edit: Oh and I dont want to discuss, your ofc right and if you dont want this, just say it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 02:51:48 PM by Miwiw »

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »
Well thats true. But those rules arent like the ones we have on IG. I just mean its all about trading, guarding etc. So it would show the prices of iron ore for example which are discussed in the "merchant guild" and "worker guild".
And the leadership is only there to make it RP matching... not to create a new clan.

edit: Oh and I dont want to discuss, your ofc right and if you dont want this, just say it.

Yeah, such rules are fine. As long as they do only relate to the role-playing part and not to behaviour or similar.

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 09:02:54 PM »
Whats about joining non-IG members? Well it isnt a clan or smth similar, its just an organization / a group for the Roleplaying server. So not the player joins it but the Character... Wouldnt use TS etc, because its not a real clan there isnt smth like our constitution. So its just for playing together in rp roles.

If not, its fine too, I guess enough of us will play that so we are enough ppl to form a real group rp wise.

Offline Meister Eder

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • Herrschaftszeitn!
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »
If all IG members act as a group, this RP-group will probably be perceived as some kind of IG-organisation, no matter how "official" that group is in respect to our constitution. So as soon as someone else joins this RP-group, his actions will reflect not only on the RP-group, but also on IG as a clan and community.
It's just my personal opinion, but I think it would make sense to decide carefully from case to case, if someone is accepted to that guild or not.

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
I see now this is more serious meant than I thought. Of course I wont do something thats against the constitution. Thanks for that information.

But if someone wants to join this "group" and doesnt have another warband clan, he could be able to join as long as he follows the rules of the constitution and was proven as fitting member after a trial? If thats okay I would ofc ask for your help proving that (cause Im not allowed to join other people ;) ).
If that isnt possible we will stay IG only.

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
Well i dont see anything against getting outsiders in the organisation but first personally im gona play it out a bit and then ill see where ill join.

Btw for clarification of clans etc, they are only used for roleplaying purposes in a particular server, example i am in the Suspicious Brotherhood on the RCC server PW mod, but with a different name. Its just a set of rules that govern the way you RP sort of which makes it more fun in the long run because instead of running around having nothing to do, you can meet up etc with your guild so to speak.

Edit: Btw Eder we all have different names in the mods Nobody uses the tag

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 10:36:05 PM »
Ya , this was just a suggestion like an organization could be. Shouldnt make it official before playing some time...

Edit: See Sophies post... good explained. :o
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:24:43 PM by Miwiw »

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 11:19:27 PM »
Although the core-game still is Mount and Blade Warband, the nature of the organisation in question is nowhere close to a common "clan". We are not using any of IG's ressources, we will not have trainings or any sort of scheduled, regular event that may collide with IG's timetable, we are not wearing our IG tags and will not advertise the organisation as a "Group of IG players". I've looked through the applicants on the RP project and in fact I doubt that many will notice we're all from IG. We do not need a forum for this, nor does anyone who wishes to join us register somewhere else (not counting the Swadian website).

Don't overthink a thing as simple as this. I don't even think that many people would be willing to join us anyway.

Back to topic: I like the idea of an "official" organisation ingame. Should help us setting up a tradeflow and such. The "allrounder" approach sounds interesting as well, I'll think about a fancy name for this one. :P
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Meister Eder

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • Herrschaftszeitn!
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
I see now this is more serious meant than I thought. Of course I wont do something thats against the constitution. Thanks for that information.

But if someone wants to join this "group" and doesnt have another warband clan, he could be able to join as long as he follows the rules of the constitution and was proven as fitting member after a trial? If thats okay I would ofc ask for your help proving that (cause Im not allowed to join other people ;) ).
If that isnt possible we will stay IG only.
I just meant that we would need to assess people carefully, before we let them join the RP community, and we should have some kind of rule or agreement on how we asses them, how they are accepted and who accepts them (if we would have people joining us). That shouldn't be too beaurocratic or complicated and it doesn't necessarily has to be a trial phase - at least as long as people who join the IG RP community wouldn't become official IG members.