Author Topic: Where has Evenus gone .... (what do you mean who is Evenus??)  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Evenus

• Class: Ranger
Where has Evenus gone .... (what do you mean who is Evenus??)
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
So....... for those who want to know where I have been

I have been absent for a little while due to a site move which I managed to speak very briefly about which is now complete, however I have also had some other issues to deal with.  The next part may be upsetting hence the spoiler. 
Spoiler
Some of you may be aware that I have a puppy who was very unwell requiring lots of very expensive vets treatment and causing myself and my wife quite a lot of stress and worry.  Unfortunately Peppa's condition deteriorated and yesterday I had to take her to the vets where I had to have her put to sleep.  She was only under 6 months old and whilst we expected that this might be the final outcome we didn't expect it to be this soon.  I don't want any sympathy and I am not expecting any replies etc as I know if I was reading this from the outside I would find it difficult to write anything  but neither will I be likely to be attending any trainings in the next few weeks.  Once it has had time to sink in and for me to come to terms with it I will be back. 
The upshot is I will continue to be absent from trainings and may even play without joining ts on some public games for the next few weeks.

Until then good luck with any matches we have scheduled and I hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas and New Year.

• Evenus
  • n/a n/a

Offline Beardface

Re: Where has Evenus gone .... (what do you mean who is Evenus??)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
So....... for those who want to know where I have been

I have been absent for a little while due to a site move which I managed to speak very briefly about which is now complete, however I have also had some other issues to deal with.  The next part may be upsetting hence the spoiler. 
Spoiler
Some of you may be aware that I have a puppy who was very unwell requiring lots of very expensive vets treatment and causing myself and my wife quite a lot of stress and worry.  Unfortunately Peppa's condition deteriorated and yesterday I had to take her to the vets where I had to have her put to sleep.  She was only under 6 months old and whilst we expected that this might be the final outcome we didn't expect it to be this soon.  I don't want any sympathy and I am not expecting any replies etc as I know if I was reading this from the outside I would find it difficult to write anything  but neither will I be likely to be attending any trainings in the next few weeks.  Once it has had time to sink in and for me to come to terms with it I will be back. 
The upshot is I will continue to be absent from trainings and may even play without joining ts on some public games for the next few weeks.

Until then good luck with any matches we have scheduled and I hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas and New Year.

Aww man, i don't find it hard to reply to this at all. It's like losing a buddy! Good luck on your end and hope youll still have a Merry Christmas!

See you next year!

Offline M

• Class: None
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »
Was wondering where you got to! Really sorry to hear about your puppy, I had to have one of my dogs put down earlier this year and it's the pits. :(

Offline Lugh

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »
Really sorry to hear about your loss, Evenus. Sounds like a horrible experience, especially for a pup. One of our cats died earlier this year; she was young, too. It sucked, it made me cry and I felt shitty for weeks afterwards. Still doesn't feel right around the house.

Hope you and your family have a pleasant Christmas and hope to see you around in the new year.

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:06:02 PM »
Sorry for your loss, mate.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »
My condolences.
I never hat a cat or dog, but I can imagine that it is hard to lose an animal that you care for and that you, as 'owner', have the responsibility for.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
I've lost a dog before and i know what it means ... I'm sorry man:(

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »
I have never lost a pet before, but now that I have a cat, I sometimes think of the day that my cat has to die and its really saddening because I pretty much love my cat above all other humans to be honest, cuz shes the one that always understands me sort of :P. We are best friends.

Sorry for your loss. I wish you a happy christmas and happy new year

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
Im sorry for you. Already lost 3 budgies and 2 rabbits. But that happended 5-10 years ago.... Oldest budgie got 7 years old (amazing age btw) so Ive known him for more my half life until he died due to age. Since then I didnt buy anymore pets.

Anyway happy Christmas and see ya. :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:44:59 AM by Miwiw »

Offline Gehn

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 12:38:19 AM »
Sorry to hear Evenus. hope things go better for you soon my friend.
<17:09:35> "IG_Kalient": wait, did I just hear "stroke it till it fires" from gehn?

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 05:36:30 AM »
Im sorry for you. Already lost 3 budgies and 2 rabbits. But that happended 5-10 years ago.... Oldest budgie got 7 years old (amazing age btw) so Ive known him for more my half year until he died due to age. Since then I didnt buy anymore pets.

Anyway happy Christmas and see ya. :)
I've also lost 3 budgies when I was younger. It was pretty tough. My friend also just lost a dog they had for a really long time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Evenus!
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 11:45:02 AM »
Saw two of my dogs die - had around two horrible months afterwards (both died in the same month, seemed the other one didn't want to live anymore with her companion gone...), I can feel your pain and hope it'll be alright again.

Looking forward to see you again!
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Kalient

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
Sad to hear mate, I never had a dog put down, but when I moved to Ireland I had to give mine away - not as bad as having him die, however we found a nice family that we knew would be good for him in the end.