Author Topic: Weird bugs  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Greedy Sheedy

• Class: Infantry
Weird bugs
« on: September 28, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I am new to this game and since I started playing yesterday evening I am encountering some strange bugs. If I have a shield the character keeps taking it off his back and putting in back on perpetually and there is nothing I can do about it. I also have a bug where once I am dead, the screen will continuously switch players to follow and there is no way I can fix it on one person. The final problem I have is that I cannot seem to be able to equip some 2 handed weapons or ranged weapons. When I change weapon my character does an animation and then instantly puts it on his back.

I was wondering if it had something to do with me using a controller so I unplugged it but it is still the same. Any ideas as to what it could be? I want to give this game a good go but at the moment these bugs are gamebreakers!

Thanks,
Greedy

Offline Ivarr

Re: Weird bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:43:01 PM »
In M&B scrolling your mouse wheel up cycles through your weapons, scrolling down cycles through your shields. It sounds like something's triggering the scroll even continuously. Check your mouse.

Also: are you playing on a laptop? Check your touchpad.

I didn't know M&B had finished game controller support. I once experimented with it myself but I had to patch in the missing controls myself and in overall it wasn't worth it.
  • Ivarr Ivarr

Offline Thunder

• It's a very happy day ! We'll have some fun, fun
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:36:02 PM »
Ahaha he's playing m&b on a pad control.
Spoiler
"We are not a local band
We are from outer space
We don't even give a damn
We will probably smash your face"
Dead milkmen- Milkmen stomp

Offline Greedy Sheedy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 06:43:47 PM »
Ok I will try that Ivarr. I do indeed use a laptop, maybe I will disable the touchpad and plug in a standard mouse and see if that works. It is strange because I encounter no problems in any other games or standard uses on my laptop, although like you suggested it seems related to the scroll. Do you use mouse scroll to change which players you are viewing when dead?

Ahaha he's playing m&b on a pad control.
Spoiler

^This is why we have such a tempestuous relationship. I will forgive you if you hand me over your trading cards.....

Offline Ivarr

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
Do you use mouse scroll to change which players you are viewing when dead?
I honestly don't remember whether or not the wheel switches between players. Left and right clicks do, however.

Which controller are you using? I have seen controller axis being on off the centre upon entering a game (not M&B), causing your view to spin until you use that axis, which will reset it to normal behaviour. This is purely speculation but it may be possible that M&B has a controller axis for equipment switching and its value is off the centre and the axis isn't mapped to any of the physical inputs of your controller.

Another speculation I can offer is that some software, probably gaming-related, is mapping mouse events to your controller and the centre of the axis doesn't match the centre of your joystick or it's using axis that's not even mapped to either of your joysitcks. Though it's not likely something like that would happen without you asking for it but I have seen controller controlling the mouse cursor in Linux by default. Because someone thought it would be fun or who knows why.

Edit: I tried the game with a controller and it works - who knew. You can even give orders to your troops and all. When did they make that happen? Doesn't do anything in D-input mode, though, only in X-input mode, so it should work with all XBox360-compatible controllers. Anyway, D-pad right switches your weapons and D-pad left switches your shield. If anything external is interfering with the game, it must do something with those buttons, or the mouse's wheel actions.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:47:32 PM by Ivarr »
  • Ivarr Ivarr