Author Topic: Server: IG_SiegeServer  (Read 2427 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
Server: IG_SiegeServer
« on: July 31, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
IG_SiegeServer

The Guard of Istiniar runs a Warband-server with 40 slots, that means space for 40 players. The servers location is in France, most likely Paris. If you play on the server, please adhere to the rules.

Donating to keep the server running would also be appreciated. To donate, just follow the "Donate"-link on the homepage at http://www.guardofistiniar.org.

Note: When this server is online, that will mean that the DuelServer is offline and vice versa.

Rules:
  • No illegal actions or talk of the same.
  • No racism or excessive swearing/crude language.
  • Respect other players and don't insult them.
  • Don't open gates as defender.
  • No intentional team-killing.
  • No poll-abuse.
  • No glitching or abuse of bugs
  • No hacks, cheats or similar means of gaining an advantage.
  • Don't argue with admins.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Alexander

• Banned
  • "Because you're worth it."
  • Class: None
Re: Server: IG_SiegeServer
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
Hey, I was told to speak up here regarding the new siege server in the IG thread on Taleworlds.

Basically, I'm getting in here quickly to say that the server should be kept on Siege Mode. My reasons are mainly self-centered; basically I like siege servers but there's rarely a populated one with EU ping that doesn't have 200 players on it and so I'd appreciate a new EU Siege Server. I noticed this new server today and have already had a few fun hours on it, so many thanks for that.

Whilst I'm not entirely certain of this, I also think that a siege server is likely to get more traffic than a duel server; I may be completely wrong about this of course, it's only just started and I'm pretty much guessing.

So basically, thank you for hosting excellent servers and I hope you decide to keep the siege server.

Offline M

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »
Glad you're having fun there Alexander.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Thanks! :)

I do also think that SiegeServers have more traffic then DuelServers and while a DuelServer with 10 people might be even more fun then with 40, paying for 40 slots and running Duel seems like a waste.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline M

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:24:55 PM »
Been having some good fun there myself this evening going nuts with a scythe.

Only problem for me is that siege has so many people wildly swinging 2handers (like me :D) that don't care if they're team killing (not like me ???). I don't know if we can adjust the team attack settings but there was a hell of a lot of team kills going on while I was there.

Either way, way better use of the server than as duel.

Offline Gehn

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 12:17:20 AM »
I've played on other servers where the team damage was taken by the person who swung wildly. I forget what its called. Anyway, its an option if you want to force people to check where their swinging.
<17:09:35> "IG_Kalient": wait, did I just hear "stroke it till it fires" from gehn?

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »
Reflective Friendly Fire. Id' rather have no friendly fire then that.