Author Topic: BBCode  (Read 3062 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
BBCode
« on: November 09, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »
If you wonder, how you can format your posts on this forum, you can take a look at the following site:
"SMF features a wide array of bbcode tags for your formatting pleasure": http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Alphabetical_list_of_all_bulletin_board_codes

Other useful codes:

Code: (Resizing images) [Select]
[img height=300 width=300]http://link to image[/img]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:55:23 PM by SCGavin »
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Alexander

• Banned
  • "Because you're worth it."
  • Class: None
Re: BBCode
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »
ThanksForTheInfo,Gavin!

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
That link does not work for me any more :(

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »
because this will help me...

black
red
yellow
pink
green
orange
purple
blue
beige
brown
teal
navy
maroon
limegreen
white

11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:14 PM »
Just wanted to test

Code: [Select]
Last updated: 26 February 2014; Charter created and branch establsihed.
Preamble
Mission statement
§1 General Rules
§2 Military
§3 Civilian
§4 Offices and Officers
§5 Desciption of Rights
§6 Voting
§7 Elections
Glossary

Preamble

The Guard of Istiniar, the acronym of which is 'IG', is a War of the Vikings clan and is a branch of the multi-gaming community of the same name. This branch is dedicated to the vanilla game of War of the Vikings. From henceforth, the Company can be taken to refer to the multi-gaming community, Guard of Istiniar, whilst the Branch will be taken to refer to this clan for War of the Vikings. As a Branch of the Guard of Istiniar Company, this Branch follows the Constitution of said Company. The Company Constitution takes precedence over this Charter, and the leaders of the Company may make decisions regarding this Branch’s future, including over-ruling the Director of this Branch, and making alterations to this Charter.

This Charter was written in accordance with the Constitution of the Guard of Istiniar Company, to ensure that the atmosphere inside the clan is good for our members, to gain and keep a reputation on the outside as a mature and nice clan and to have a competitive clan with members that follow a hierarchy and orders so that organized and effective playing becomes easier.

Mission Statement

This Branch is an international, competitive as well as casual clan for War of the Vikings (WotV). We play regularly on public servers and have regular trainings and matches. A highly held principle in both this Branch and the Company, is that our members behave decently and maturely. Therefore we make a point not to recruit those who are immature or malicious, no matter how skilled they may be.

§1 Rules

It is important to note that this Branch is covered by the rules detailed in the Company Constitution - specifically in the section ‘§1 Core Principles’ - which, briefly listed, amount to this:

• Maturity is expected of our members;
  • Show respect to clan-mates; as well as those outside of IG;
  • Abide by the guidelines and rules laid out in the Constitution;
  • Prejudice or discrimination (for example, on the grounds of race, religion, gender etc.) are not tolerated;
  • No illegal actions, or the promotion of such.

Of course, it is important that you also read and understand the Constitution for yourself, this list is merely a reference point.

Every six months an ordinary election will take place, in which the Director of the Branch will suggest a list of candidates for the Branch Leadership, created with the input from the clan-members.
All members with the sufficient rights (i.e. Footmen upwards) have ten days to anonymously vote (Yes/No) to confirm or reject the candidates proposed by the Director. Should one candidate receive less than 75 percent positive votes, the Director has to confront the members about their reluctance to that leader, their reasons and their preferred choice. If no sufficient reasons or alternatives are brought forth in one week time, the Director may decide to accept or reject the candidate as (s)he wishes. If more than 50 percent of the members of the Branch voted against the candidate, then the Director must reject the candidate.

Any election, which promotes a member of the Company to the Steering Committee of the Branch, must be ratified by the Executive Committee of the Company.

Glossary

Inactive

If a member of the Military Section does not come to any training in four weeks without valid explanation (a vacation is a valid explanation, forgetting trainings is not) he may be retired to Civilian.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:07:35 PM by Aeronwen »

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »
ok the above posts shows the use of anchor tags.  Atm only the preamble and glossary tags are set in the text.

When you click the word in the index at the top of the post (eg 'preamble') you are taken to the tagged text elsewhere in the same post.  It is possible to tag to parts of posts on diferent pages but that is slightly different coding.

[iurl=#tagname]text to be linked from[/iurl]

[anchor=tagname]text to be linked to[/anchor]

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:31:35 PM by Aeronwen »

Offline Folms

• i'm coming at you like a d̶a̶r̶k̶ rainbow horse
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »
I never knew you can do that! Oh my god Aerowen, you are amazing.
Nedsat: he is so active that he managed to catch tomy online but not in Warband and invited him to play then he gets my vote.... and my axe.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

ty

I knew it was possible but not how.  I have not quite worked out how to link to anchors in other posts, I know the theory but I cant make it work.  I will keep looking when I have time but if anyone else knows I would be glad to hear it.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »

ty

I knew it was possible but not how.  I have not quite worked out how to link to anchors in other posts, I know the theory but I cant make it work.  I will keep looking when I have time but if anyone else knows I would be glad to hear it.

Did a quick google search and found nothing useful on how to link to a tag in a post in another thread. The links to posts are of this format: http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=2957.msg95751#msg95751 so I wondered if the last msg95751 behind the # could be replaced by the tag-name in that post, but that doesn't work. Neither does it when you add .tag-name as in #msg95751.tag-name...  Would be great if someone knows how to do this, as this would greatly simplify linking to paragraphs in the Constitutions and Charters. We could even have the links in code below the paragraphs so people wouldn't have to write them every time when they want to link to something.

Should've just looked at what url the iurl link actually points to. The format is topic=2957.msg95731.GlossaryTag#post_GlossaryTag

Glossary tag

[url=http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=2957.msg95731.GlossaryTag#post_GlossaryTag]Glossary tag[/url]
Thanks for figuring out how the internal linking works, Aero!

Also found this useful link: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Alphabetical_list_of_all_bulletin_board_codes

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:21:35 PM by SCGavin »

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
Added a table of contents to the Constitution. For a ToC it is important to use the iurl, as otherwise the link will open in a new tab. Also added url-links to the anchors in code-boxes to simplify linking to the Constitution from other posts.

Example:

Constitution, §2 Company, sub-section 3. Multi-clanning / Being part of other clans

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »
I just deleted most of the middle of my example post as we have a working example now anyway.