Author Topic: What was the first game you EVER played?  (Read 13931 times)

Offline Lugh

• Class: Infantry
Re: What was the first game you EVER played.
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 12:58:59 PM »
probably between 6 and 9 :D

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »
I was probably about 4-5 when I played some game on my dad's laptop.. back in the early 90s. But I have pretty much no recollection what game it was or anything about it.
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Zoltanus

• The Valiant purges the evil!
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »
Lol noobs I was 2-3 years old when I started ;).

"Cutlass": i hope to be pissed titfaced or wankerd

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »
I was probably about 4-5 when I played some game on my dad's laptop.. back in the early 90s. But I have pretty much no recollection what game it was or anything about it.

Patience? 8)

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 02:19:59 PM »
No, wasn't solitaire. I remember... a character. Faintly. Can't really remember.. almost anything. :D We used to have epic game sessions when I was about 8-12. All the kids came over and we played stuff like Heroes, Heroes 2 (Hot seat ftw), Bret Hull Hockey :D Or whatever it was called and also wrestling games! So much fun. So many bitemarks on the controllers (I used to subdue my rage with that.. not very hygienic now that I think about it).
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Gehn

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
Lol noobs I was 2-3 years old when I started ;).

Same, on a really old computer.
<17:09:35> "IG_Kalient": wait, did I just hear "stroke it till it fires" from gehn?

Offline Lugh

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »
So many bitemarks on the controllers (I used to subdue my rage with that.. not very hygienic now that I think about it).

You used to bite your controllers when raging? Impressive! I was more of a 'smasher' myself :D

I loved gaming sessions as a kid, we used to play goldeneye in a friends shed (it was so cool at the time), there were usually 5 of us, meaning the 'loser' was replaced on the map restart (we always played the same map). Fortunately I rarely found myself being replaced ;)

Lugh - I loved Golden Axe aswell!  :D

One of my lasting memories of Golden Axe is frantically chasing around after those little brown gnomes things (?) trying to steal their potions :D

Did you ever play Double Dragon?

Offline Illuminati

• Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
1st gaming machine: Gameboy -black & white. I was in Japan at the time, and tt was when the Gameboys were first released so all the games listed below were the very first titles to be released on the Gameboy.

I don't remember the exact order, but something like this:

1st game, Final Fantasy: I'm not sure which one it was, but it was fantastic ...I spent over a year trying to finish it because I had to speak with someone or have an item I couldnt find to progress. Very annoying, but it was still good fun, and a highly imaginative game.

2nd game, Gargoyles quest: God damn that was an amazing game! You could fly around (more like a double jump) and really explore all sorts of places *sigh*. Oh the memories!

3rd game, Metroid: This was bloody amazing, you could do anything, go anywhere, and the game just never ended! Great adventure game, and highly creative.

4th game, Castlevania: I always loved Vampires so it was a shame I had to kill them in that game :P

There were others, but I don't remember what they were. Mario and lots of other obscure titles.

lol I used to play that (and Golden Axe ...and 'Super Ninja Turtles' or something on the NES) at my firends house (they're all 2-player games).
Good fun!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:43:57 PM by Illuminati »
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. -Epicurus

Offline Pandafaust

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »
Pretty much everything on this page, as I'm sure Evenus will be able to confirm.  There were actually a few games I played before these, like Paperboy on one of those old cassette-using machines (which barely ever started), but the Archimedes ones really got me into gaming.  Particular favourites were Zarch, James Pond and the legendary Sensible Soccer.  I can still remember the sheer excitement when I hammered Northern Ireland 17-0 inside 2 minutes by judicious use of the "run directly down the pitch and curl in a long range shot" method, so seldom seen nowadays in the professional game.
  • Pandafauste

Offline Evenus

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »
Sensible soccer can't even compare to 'Manchester United in Europe' where you could score every time by just running down the pitch in line with the edge of the six yard area, no tiring 'curling' required :P
  • Evenus
  • n/a n/a

Offline Pandafaust

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »
Hehe, yeah - back in the glory days of Andreij Kanchelskis and Denis Irwin.   Also, say what you like about ambience but it had some pretty funky music.  Evenus, just to help bring back those old memories . . . (game clip)

Edit - oh, how could I forget?  This game actually had a multiplayer function, but it wasn't one player on each team but instead one player controlling all the outfield players and one controlling the goalie.  Only issue there was that the view always followed the ball, so you could almost guarantee that when the action got into your end of the pitch, the goalie would be desparately trying to run back from somewhere near the corner flag.  That combined with the fact that it was almost impossible to actually save a shot even if you were stood in front of it made for a really interesting experience :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:44:41 PM by Pandafaust »
  • Pandafauste

Offline Claire

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
So many bitemarks on the controllers (I used to subdue my rage with that.. not very hygienic now that I think about it).

You used to bite your controllers when raging? Impressive! I was more of a 'smasher' myself :D

I loved gaming sessions as a kid, we used to play goldeneye in a friends shed (it was so cool at the time), there were usually 5 of us, meaning the 'loser' was replaced on the map restart (we always played the same map). Fortunately I rarely found myself being replaced ;)

Lugh - I loved Golden Axe aswell!  :D

One of my lasting memories of Golden Axe is frantically chasing around after those little brown gnomes things (?) trying to steal their potions :D

Not myself, but I've watched friends play it. It's when you're going to save some girl that some punks kidnap and you beat punks up on the street and always meet some fat/large bosses at the end of each level or something similar.

A game I really remember and love is Joe & Mac - the Caveman ninjas! Playing that with a friend in 2p mode on super nintendo was awesome!
  • Claire
  • Chii Chii

Offline Illuminati

• Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 06:20:39 AM »
Pretty much everything on this page, as I'm sure Evenus will be able to confirm.  There were actually a few games I played before these, like Paperboy on one of those old cassette-using machines (which barely ever started), but the Archimedes ones really got me into gaming.  Particular favourites were Zarch, James Pond and the legendary Sensible Soccer.  I can still remember the sheer excitement when I hammered Northern Ireland 17-0 inside 2 minutes by judicious use of the "run directly down the pitch and curl in a long range shot" method, so seldom seen nowadays in the professional game.

Actually Pandafaust, I think games like Paperboy were my first aswell! I recieved my Gameboy later.
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. -Epicurus

Offline Gobi_no_Houkou

• Oi there, good to meet ye'.
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »
Oi oi once again! Aswell I couldn't resist to write on this thread due of mah boredom on mah boardin' school. Anyways! To the topic! The first game was 'Hype' an epic story and gameplay! : D... Also one of the first games I played was also Super Mario on this big red game boy.  :)

Offline Lua

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »
like Zworf, my first contact with a game was with that kind of weird tape recorder and a joystick. I remember three of those games, one of them was an Indiana Jones (or a similar character) "arcade", other one was a map (seen from above) that you could go through with a car and the other one was and the last one was an "isometric" game of platforms...

But the first game I've ever played in a pc was... erm... Doom 2? Crazy Ivan? maybe worms 2?