Author Topic: mobile forum  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Carl

• Class: None
mobile forum
« on: May 16, 2011, 05:29:18 PM »
Over the weekend i realized, for me, the need of a forum that functions on smartphone s like iphone. I mean it wouldnt have to feature everything, but massages and unread post + the ability to quickly reply. Would that be possible?

Offline Beardface

• Class: Ranger
Re: mobile forum
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »
Over the weekend i realized, for me, the need of a forum that functions on smartphone s like iphone. I mean it wouldnt have to feature everything, but massages and unread post + the ability to quickly reply. Would that be possible?

Demanding are we ? :P

Offline Carl

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
ah well. the hole m-forum is demanding.  o:)

Offline Lugh

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »
The quick reply feature already existed - it can be enabled/disabled in your profile options. Nevertheless, I've enabled it for all members by default.

The unread posts option also exists on the forum underneath the text that reads "Hello <name>".

M also integrated a feature into the website that shows the number of unread personal messages and an option to view unread posts. See image below.

Hopefully this helps ;)

Offline Carl

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »
The quick reply feature already existed - it can be enabled/disabled in your profile options. Nevertheless, I've enabled it for all members by default.

The unread posts option also exists on the forum underneath the text that reads "Hello <name>".

M also integrated a feature into the website that shows the number of unread personal messages and an option to view unread posts. See image below.

Hopefully this helps ;)

i dont rally konw how mobile-websites work but they seem to be compressed with less features and graphics. maybe there are some tools around that can change a website into an mobile one when accessed via phone. i mean tools which can build an mobile-web from the original on. will have a look into this.

edit: and yes, im not that serious about an mobile-web. just thought it might be a fun feature.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:07:01 PM »
If WAP2 is of any help, you can find that at he very bottom of the forum.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.