Author Topic: Ban Appeal - Netoman  (Read 179 times)

Offline Netoman

Ban Appeal - Netoman
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:58:19 PM »
What was the name you were banned under? I don't really know, it happened while ago when I was playing with my buddy

When were you banned? Cant tell, probably around year ago when I played Warband last time. Maybe my ID will help in providing that data 717649

What server were you banned from? IG_BG

Who banned you? No idea

Why were you banned? I was fooling around with my friend Habrak (we were both on TS) and we were flamming each other on chat.

Why should we expect that you have changed/will behave differently? Had a year break from playing on server, and I will no longer fall into wrong company of Habrak
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:00:41 PM by Netoman »

Offline Aeronwen

• malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Ban Appeal - Netoman
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
Hi Netoman

You were banned on 23rd Sept 2017 for excessive profanity and sexist chat.
Just to be clear any actions on the server by your ID are your responsibility and we are less likely to accept an appeal from someone who seeks to pass responsibility on to their friends or anyone else.
We note  that you have not taken responsibility for your actions nor have you made a commitment to abide by server rules in the future.

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Netoman

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
I am not trying to pass responsibility, just saying that I did not offend anyone because I was keeping it all in a joking manner. After hundreds of hours spent on your server, I have not been banned for my behaviour in-game, but for phishing server name and accusations of blocking IG_BG connection to TW main server.

Offline Aeronwen

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
I am not trying to pass responsibility, just saying that I did not offend anyone because I was keeping it all in a joking manner. After hundreds of hours spent on your server, I have not been banned for my behaviour in-game, but for phishing server name and accusations of blocking IG_BG connection to TW main server.

I believe you are talking about your previous ban from 2014

This time, 23rd Sept 2016, you were banned for excessive profanity and sexist chat.

It does not matter who this chat was aimed at or whether that person was offended you must comply with the rules of the server when you play on the server.

We note  that you have not yet taken responsibility for your actions nor have you made a commitment to abide by server rules in the future.

Edit sorry I didn't notice the previous autocorrect to this year. The ban was in 2016
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:32:46 PM by Aeronwen »

11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!

Offline Netoman

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »
Well, I do not deny, I was being "excessively profane" and maybe sexist (I believe in your words, but simply don't remember what happened there so I cant confess about this part), but in the span of many years who did not? I always obeyed rules and will do my best given a chance to be a good role model of acting online. Getting banned on IGBG was probably the reason I quitted playing Warband casually, and this pushed me into ditching competitive aspect of the game too. Now that I am trying to play some good top-level M&B I can not because of that ban. Punishment probably was necessary, but almost a year passed and I hope for some "probation" time or simply a second chance

Offline Aeronwen

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »
you will be unbanned (and WB to Warband)

Please ensure you read the server rules carefully and stick to them in the future.

Offline Netoman

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 10:49:47 PM »
Thank you. Will do my best, especially on "Swearing/crude language" and "Discrimination (racism, xenophobia, sexism...)" parts