Author Topic: Change emotes!  (Read 11309 times)

Offline Zoltanus

• The Valiant purges the evil!
  • Class: Cavalry
Change emotes!
« on: November 28, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »
We have had these current emotes for ages even though they were rejected by most of us from the beginning! We seriously need a new set of smileys here. I don't have good knowledge of smilie sets so it would be better if somebody else would suggest something.

Zolt has spoken  >:((.

"Cutlass": i hope to be pissed titfaced or wankerd

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
  • Class: Infantry
Re: Change emotes!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »
Remove them alltogether. Text-only smileys.
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Beardface

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:23:41 AM »

(-.(-.(-.(-.-).).-).-) hi were IG and were gonna kick some behind~  :o

Offline Brego

• God wills it!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »
yeh, text smileys are fine by me. Much better than this crap you manage to get in here, Gavin.

Spoiler
If it wasnt gaving that chose and got these smileys, then I apologize and take back the comment about them being crap and will say: Good job to you, sir, who got these okay smileys!

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »
This is a revolution. First zan wants moving avatars then this. We must stop this before it escalates to disneyland ;O

Offline Zoltanus

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »
Seriously though there was a lot of talk about changing them very soon after they were implemented. There was some suggestions for smileys like messenger or twcenter smilies. If I remember right Illu was the one who put these smilies here and even he said that they were very ugly afterwards (Brego fail (if I remember right  :)))).

Offline M

• Class: None
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 02:02:26 PM »
 :blank:

Offline Gehn

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:47 PM »
<17:09:35> "IG_Kalient": wait, did I just hear "stroke it till it fires" from gehn?

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »
If we do replace them

replace them with dragons - this forum needs more dragons.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:19:25 AM by Deathstar »
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Zoltanus

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Another dragon hijack eh?  :))

Offline Illuminati

• Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:33 AM »
There really wasn't much choice. There are these current ones, and then some others which look like a 3 year old drew them, and a few others that look like a 9 year old drew them (so they were a bit better)... oh, and there were some smiley packs but they lacked uniformity and were very ugly (all sorts of random shapes and sizes).

The best ones were some like the MSN Smiley icons, and another set called 'crystal' or something, but for some reason the forum kept rejecting them when we tried to install them.

We'll look in to it again and see what we can do about it, and thanks Zoltanus for reminding us (I must have become desensitised by this set since I forgot all about our past discussion concerning it).

On a positive note, have you seen CoRs smiley set? Because they look like a 3 year old drew smileys on potatoes....
CoR link: http://www.reveran.com//index.php/topic,486.0.html (remember, think potatoes ;)).
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. -Epicurus

Offline Zoltanus

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
Seriously wtf to the CoR smileys  ::).

And thanks for Illu for looking into it again  ;). I became quite desensitised by this set too, but always when I try to do :O smiley (one of my most usual smilies) I can't find any that would represent it and I get instant raeg (and no shocked smiley isn't :O  >:((). I also remember there was some issues with installing the smileys :/. Hopefully it will work better this time.

Offline Illuminati

• Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »
....but always when I try to do :O smiley (one of my most usual smilies) I can't find any that would represent it and I get instant raeg (and no shocked smiley isn't :O  >:(()....

Regarding the shocked smiley, doesn't : o equal :O? You mean this one? :o? Or you prefer it to be less expressive?
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. -Epicurus

Offline Zoltanus

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »
Regarding the shocked smiley, doesn't : o equal :O? You mean this one? :o? Or you prefer it to be less expressive?

Imo :O =/=  :o. Taleworlds emote is better: . I just think that :O means more like wondering rather than surprised/shocked (I don't know myself anymore what I was thinking  ???).

Offline M

• Class: None
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
Remove them alltogether. Text-only smileys.