Author Topic: Cheating is back?  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Cheating is back?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 07:32:42 AM »
I will delete the thread on Pdx, if it will help or is possible.

I noticed the old cheaters start to come back a week or so ago. At first it was just one, I guess he/she was testing the cheat. Then slowly I saw more of the known cheats reappear.  I did watch them and could see no obvious sign of them cheating, until Sunday. I had heard some say it had started again but until Sunday I had not physically seen it.

I have tried recording it but I struggle to stay close/alive long enough to be able to so.

My post on Pdx was in hindsight probably a poor judgement/knee jerk reaction.  :blush:

On a plus note, I have only seen one of the cheats (that I keep my eye on) today and I could see no noticable cheating. I followed them for over an hour and on several servers.

I am pretty sure you cannot delete threads on pdx forum, you can change your own posts though.  I would simply avoid adding fuel to the fire atm.  If anything can be done knubbe and moo will see to it but there are limits to what they can do.  If you get offered the cheat at all, all information is helpful of course ^^  Just give it to moo in pm don't make it public.

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Ignoble user

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »
I have already PM'd Moo and asked for the thread to be deleted, Moo said not yet he wants EAC to see it before he does that.

I have now recorded some video of Lord Master who is now called Batman. It includes 1 sec executions, 1 second bandaging and some rather fast movement. I have never recorded gameplay before and found Fraps 30 second limit rather restricting so i found Bandicam which gives 10 minutes. If there are some free/full software preferably legal I would welcome suggestions.

I need to review what I have recorded and will forward it to Moo, somehow.

Then I think I need to catch some Zzzzz's before cashing my forged cheques :D I mean taking to them to the Police station.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »
I have already PM'd Moo and asked for the thread to be deleted, Moo said not yet he wants EAC to see it before he does that.

I have now recorded some video of Lord Master who is now called Batman. It includes 1 sec executions, 1 second bandaging and some rather fast movement. I have never recorded gameplay before and found Fraps 30 second limit rather restricting so i found Bandicam which gives 10 minutes. If there are some free/full software preferably legal I would welcome suggestions.

I need to review what I have recorded and will forward it to Moo, somehow.

Then I think I need to catch some Zzzzz's before cashing my forged cheques :D I mean taking to them to the Police station.

:)

On moo's recommendation I use d3dgear - its not free but its not expensive either and you can get a free trial. a lot of people are now using shadowplay and seem very happy with it, but that depends on having GeForce I guess.

The guy from EAC hangs out in the war of IRC channel (though he doesn't always answer).  It would be useful and informative for our members to hang out there aslo
http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=6232.msg86786#msg86786

11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!

Offline Henry of Grosmont

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
Just got a mail from xSMa (EAC)
Quote from: xSMa
Hi again, thanks for the detailed response. It's indeed quite alarming. We've now noticed this thread too: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?801034-The-cheats-are-back

We have a few options we believe they can be using to cheat and plan to update wotr soon to prevent those methods. Hopefully that'll fix it.
Let' hope they're on top of it :)
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
Hi again, thanks for the detailed response. It's indeed quite alarming. We've now noticed this thread too: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?801034-The-cheats-are-back

We have a few options we believe they can be using to cheat and plan to update wotr soon to prevent those methods. Hopefully that'll fix it.

excellent.
let's hope they are on teh right track.

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 03:54:25 PM »
Quote from: TotalyMoo;18062854
We have identified the cheats and EAC are working on removing their access to the game, thanks for all the reports.
They response was very quick this time, gotta give them that.

Offline Ignoble user

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »
I strongly suspect we the community did all the work for them  ;)

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

we always do

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »

we always do
Adding my voice to this.
I also want to add that some of us do not get enough credit for doing it. I'm sure you don't know who I'm talking about here, Aero  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:42:32 PM by Henry of Grosmont »

Offline Offen

• Class: None
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

I suggest you to try Raptr if you have AMD graphic card, (not sure if it works with nvidia cards). http://raptr.com/download

Or Nvidia Experience shadowplay feature if you have an Nvidia card. http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay
Keep in mind that shadowplay doesn't support all nvidia cards. Here you can find the system requirements. http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/system-requirements

Offline Ignoble user

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »

I suggest you to try Raptr if you have AMD graphic card, (not sure if it works with nvidia cards). http://raptr.com/download

Or Nvidia Experience shadowplay feature if you have an Nvidia card. http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/shadowplay
Keep in mind that shadowplay doesn't support all nvidia cards. Here you can find the system requirements. http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/system-requirements

Thanks for that, especially as I have an AMD card. I have downloaded it and will play with it later.

I went for Open Broadcaster Software (open source) to record with, and FormatFactory to compress with minimal quality loss to upload to YouTube. Fortunately due to unforeseen developments regarding the cheats I no longer needed to use the software for its intended purpose. Although I will still play with it as it is something I have wanted to do for a while.

Offline Fat Walrus?

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 03:41:10 PM »
i also experienced something like this () on tle NL server... there were 3 players(one of whom was in the Blurb clan) who had 60-80ping and were lagging hard. The other palyers who had 90-110ping didint lag at all. Its very strange. I cant be sure if this is intentional or not but all three had something like 18-1 kill/death ratios and they werent particularly skilled players.
you can call me Scipio, Walrus, Scippi is also acceptable.. JUST DONT CALL ME FAT!

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 05:49:01 PM »
@Offen
Thank you for the link but raptr doesn't seem to be recording, don't know why.

@Users
Simon (EAC) sent me a heads-up which was a pleasant and, until lately, uncommon thing. He wrote that they are working on it but they have a conference this week that will keep them busy.

@Walrus
This kind of lag is rare to my eye. The 1/2 a second delay and stuff like that is more common. There's also a ping cheat which was used by some after EAC  was implemented - intentionally changing your net traffic every few seconds.

Offline Osares

• Class: None
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »
i also experienced something like this () on tle NL server... there were 3 players(one of whom was in the Blurb clan) who had 60-80ping and were lagging hard. The other palyers who had 90-110ping didint lag at all. Its very strange. I cant be sure if this is intentional or not but all three had something like 18-1 kill/death ratios and they werent particularly skilled players.

I doubt a blurb would do it but lag issues can sometimes act very strange :/

Can be we get some improvements to go with:)?
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Ignoble user

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »
Simon (EAC) sent me a heads-up which was a pleasant and, until lately, uncommon thing. He wrote that they are working on it but they have a conference this week that will keep them busy.

That is a shame, although it does seem limited in its use the longer it takes to resolve the issue the worse it may get. My new 'friend' is still doing it and now that there is a steam thread the general public now know it is possible.

let's hope they get onto it soon, I won't hold my breath though.

As for the lag issue, it seems to come and go for me. I too have had battles like that where they teleport around you hitting you when you can't see them. I don't think this will be an easy problem to fix, as the variables involved are many and complex.