Author Topic: Teamwork in WotV  (Read 1643 times)

Offline PanamanianDevil

• Class: None
Teamwork in WotV
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »
I've played with you guys a few times and it seems like every time I end of in a squad with any of you guys I see a lot of teamwork. I really like that. I enjoy the game more when I'm fighting to protect a downed squad member or trying to save one. You guys seem to play the same way. I notice you trying to protect me when I'm getting up from a revive... things like that. That's awesome stuff. Thank you. I wanted to say hi and hopefully gain some new gaming friends. My Steam name is PanamanianDevil (there's a story behind that name) please send me a friend request if you like teamwork and you're inclined to do so.

Offline Trout

Re: Teamwork in WotV
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
Playing with friends is always more fun!  :) You are very welcome to hang with us on teamspeak in the future. It is open for everyone.
“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
― Geralt of Rivia, The Last Wish

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:45:18 PM »
I like it when squad-mates (or team-mates in general) team-play. It's always nice to see people bandaging, reviving, covering or assisting a team-mate. Added you on Steam and as Trout said, you are very welcome to join us on TS.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:47:57 AM »
Received and accepted both invites. Thanks fellows. I'll surely stop in ts and visit. I'm glad you run ts because that's the chat client I prefer.

Offline Henry of Grosmont

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 09:17:08 AM »
Totally agree with OP. I, myself, am not a frequent flyer in wotv. But given the fact that team play in vikings is even less present than it is in roses, it speaks volumes on how special our guys are. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Looking forward to another Trout day  ;)
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »
I hear you Henry and agree.

I think I actually like the mechanics of War of the Roses better than Vikings but the damned cavalry irritates the hell out of me. I can't stand that sudden smash ringing sound constantly coming out of nowhere. I tried to play "No Cav" servers but they're not always populated and it seems like there's not enough of them.

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 03:28:07 AM »
Hey had a great time hanging out with you fellows in ts. I look forward to gaming with you all again, it was a lot of fun.

Offline Daanonymous

• I even enjoy the holes in the cheese
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »
I hear you Henry and agree.

I think I actually like the mechanics of War of the Roses better than Vikings but the damned cavalry irritates the hell out of me. I can't stand that sudden smash ringing sound constantly coming out of nowhere. I tried to play "No Cav" servers but they're not always populated and it seems like there's not enough of them.

Try maps that don't have many cavs on it like Bamburgh Castle or St. Albans  :)

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 10:59:48 PM »
You're saying that there are maps that don't have cav based on the map itself?

Offline MKNine

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 11:16:26 PM »
Yeah, like on Bamburgh Castle a lot of the fighting takes place  inside the castle or on the walls and the only area open to cavalry is long and narrow so keeping your horse alive is difficult.

Offline Mystic

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »
Plenty of elevated positions. To "Pepper" them with England's favourite brand of murder: Arrows. Pincushioning since 1066!
I am often asked to think long and hard, those that dare ask this, are still waiting for a conclusion.

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 11:29:48 PM »
I didn't know that. I just may have to reinstall Roses and give that a shot. I'm getting really tired of how Vikings crashes all the time. I don't recall Roses ever crashing.

FYI, I was playing on the IG Vikings server with Trout and I got kicked for having ping over 100. I spiked to about 110 which really is unnoticeable in a network. You fellows may want to consider raising that just a bit.

Hey and sorry it took me forever to respond back. I'll try to stop in a little more frequently. So far everyone I've met here seems pretty cool.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
thats odd the ping limit should be a bit higher than 100

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:46 PM »
I agree. I think 200 is a good limit.