Author Topic: Launch Crash  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Henry of Grosmont

• Class: Infantry
Launch Crash
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
After a month or so, decided to play the Vikings again. The came crashes at the Fatshark intro. I thought it has been fixed?
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Thor

• You seek our service.
  • Class: None
Re: Launch Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
You've to restart the game a few times. 1-7times usually does it... :/
The void claims its own.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
You've to restart the game a few times. 1-7times usually does it... :/
Hahaha, it did after 7 starts and a Steam relaunch. Still shaking my head in disbelief.

Offline Thomas of Hookton

• Ooy mate! scooby-doo is less confused than you.
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »
some people say vikings player base is lower than wotr. i guess it is actually much bigger but players are constantly restarting the game instead of actually playing...
'Nothing gives a fearful man more courage than another's fear.'

Offline Toshiro Mifune

• EX - 0laf
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
i think it is much less though, even now more people play wotr than wotv. anyway does not matter. m&b2 comes out soon. real game for real men.:P
“What I am trying to do when I use symbols is to awaken in your unconscious some reaction. I am very conscious of what I am using because symbols can be very dangerous. When we use normal language we can defend ourselves because our society is a linguistic society, a semantic society. But when you start to speak, not with words, but only with images, the people cannot defend themselves.”
― Alejandro Jodorowsky

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »
some people say vikings player base is lower than wotr. i guess it is actually much bigger but players are constantly restarting the game instead of actually playing...
Thomas, one day, there was less than 40 players online worldwide in Vikings. Apparently, not the first time. Don't recall anything like that in Roses.
Btw, 20 or so minutes today (and 38 hours overall) was enough for me. Compare to that more than 12 hundred hours in wotr.

P.S. Ok, will try again now...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:11:54 PM by Henry of Grosmont »

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »
Hoppi pointed out to me that you should minimise all your windows. Weirdly enough that helped and you should get in after one or two tries.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Toshiro Mifune

• EX - 0laf
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »
Hoppi pointed out to me that you should minimise all your windows. Weirdly enough that helped and you should get in after one or two tries.
also turn off any antivirus or spybot thingie you have, i never had a backend error after doing that, although it feels incredibly wrong  :P
“What I am trying to do when I use symbols is to awaken in your unconscious some reaction. I am very conscious of what I am using because symbols can be very dangerous. When we use normal language we can defend ourselves because our society is a linguistic society, a semantic society. But when you start to speak, not with words, but only with images, the people cannot defend themselves.”
― Alejandro Jodorowsky

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 08:36:31 PM »
I got the there three times today, two times game crashed during the play, the third I quit myself. As a wrote, first time it took seven tries (plus a Steam restart), the second - 4 and the third 3.
also turn off any antivirus or spybot thingie you have, i never had a backend error after doing that, although it feels incredibly wrong  :P
I had no problem like this before and all my antivirus/firewall settings are allowing wotv. Probably just bug or something of the sort.

Thank you, guys. It appears to be working. Takes several tries but I manged to play today.

Offline Daanonymous

• I even enjoy the holes in the cheese
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
I got the same. I thought the devs were just doing it on purpose just for the fact that I'm a bad player :P

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 06:35:42 PM »
I told Hoppi my game wouldn't start anymore and he told me it has problems on Windows 8. So I installed the game on my 7 box and pushed my wife out of the way. (my 7 pc is on my tv in the living room) So that plan didn't work out very well so I had another idea. I re-installed Vikings on my 8.1 pro machine and navigated to the executable (wotv.exe) and set it to run in Window 7 compatibility mode. I've played now for several weeks without a single crash. I have a feeling it's good to go now.

I will say that one time it went to windowed mode out of the blue but it didn't crash. I Alt + Enter'ed and continued on. That was the only problem so far. I have a feeling that whatever caused it to go into windowed mode is what would crash it before. Before I put it into compatibility mode, I some times couldn't even start the game and it would crash all the time. I wish I'd know this a long time ago, because knock on wood it's virtually problem free now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:42:41 PM by PanamanianDevil »

Offline PanamanianDevil

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 01:59:11 AM »
I just had to say something right? I had my first crash tonight. But it's definitely overall better.