Author Topic: Ideas worth spreading  (Read 10973 times)

Offline hun

• Class: Cavalry
Re: Ideas worth spreading
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
Well, I am totally agree with Hansii. If you think "Islam" is the most dangerous religion, you will make a huge mistake. So many violances happened in the world, which are not about Islam. For example, after USA went to IRAQ (for save them) they killed about 946,000-1,120,000  people. Some of them was fighting against them, I have no words to those, but about 400.000 civilizan died after that war. And, maybe you remember the Sétif and Guelma massacre. France killed about 45.000 Algerians in 1945. By the way, following the attacks on France, About 30.000 Turkish people was dying on China's northside. Why not media show them? Media shows when Islam does something bad. But when Christian or Jew do something, media shows another thing. Also, maybe you heard the France's President François Hollande said "These attacks are not about Islam" yesterday. I don't think these violence's are about Islam or another religion. Bad is bad. I hope I could tell my opinions.

Offline Henry of Grosmont

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »
Well, I am totally agree with Hansii. If you think "Islam" is the most dangerous religion, you will make a huge mistake. So many violances happened in the world, which are not about Islam. For example, after USA went to IRAQ (for save them) they killed about 946,000-1,120,000  people. Some of them was fighting against them, I have no words to those, but about 400.000 civilizan died after that war. And, maybe you remember the Sétif and Guelma massacre. France killed about 45.000 Algerians in 1945. By the way, following the attacks on France, About 30.000 Turkish people was dying on China's northside. Why not media show them? Media shows when Islam does something bad. But when Christian or Jew do something, media shows another thing. Also, maybe you heard the France's President François Hollande said "These attacks are not about Islam" yesterday. I don't think these violence's are about Islam or another religion. Bad is bad. I hope I could tell my opinions.
Hmm, I think you totally missed my point, hun. Also, nobody ever stated that people don't kill people for other reasons. Religions are responsible for wars and killing much more if we look at the history. That said, today Islam is the most violent and uncompromising of the big religions. Reason for that I mentioned in my previous post. Also, If you want to learn a bit more, you can find videos of Hitchens and others explaining why compromise isn't possible in Islam. Jews and Christians had their own share of violence too, never said otherwise. And Hollande just scared, having millions of Muslims in his country and being a politician, because these attacks are about Islam just like the murder of Van Gogh was. Or shall I remind you that, at the time, the ambassadors of several Muslim countries in Denmark demanded of its prime minister to ban the stupid cartoons? Why do religions demand and get the special treatment in terms of "being offended", Islam most of all? Why do they need to control human minds and what they think and say? Why should a person respect Moses, Jesus, Muhammad or whoever solely because it's a religion? But that's a topic for another discussion.
I will repeat my point again: I do not consider what Reza Aslan or demagogues like him have to say being "ideas worth spreading". Especially the religious ideas.

Lastly, as you said, bad is bad but add religion to it and it becomes THE worst.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Madvillain

• It's been a great ride.
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:53 PM »
Sometimes people simply fall back to a religion to justify their actions.
Whats going on in the world is a result of politics and religious extremism is a symptom of inequality and injustice, not a cause.
I am an atheist, so personally I don't find any religion an idea worth spreading.
But I shouldn't enforce that view on someone else, that would be extremism.

Offline hun

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
Well, I didn't try to mean something, I just clearifized some thoughts. Maybe, you don't know anything about Islam. As Henry of Grosmont said, Islam is not opened to any discussions. You have to accept the rules of Islam or not. And radical muslims (like ISIS) are making comments on Islam, and they change rules of it in the name of God. And, using religions are really easy. Islam doesn't say "kill everyone who is not Muslim ". Islam says "Everyone is free to make choice. You can't push anyone to do anything". But do some of Muslim countries (like Arabia) count on it? I can say no for sure. I just want to say, if you want to discuss Islam, please search for it a bit.  Because Islam is misunderstanding these days

Offline Henry of Grosmont

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2015, 04:33:17 PM »
All right, I see it's going off topic here.

@Mad
It's exactly the the opposite, I'm afraid. If religions and religious adherents left people like me alone and did not try to control my diet, sex life, thoughts, what I can and cannot say or demand a special treatment among other things, I'd be fine with them believing whatever fairy tale they want. As I wrote before it's a different topic and whoever feels like debating, feel free to pm me.

@hun
I am quite familiar with Islam and Koran. The thing that Koran isn't open for discussion is not a good thing. Since those days, science has advanced light years in just latest 200 years and it renders holy books out of date. Jews and Christians (also, very reluctantly) managed to sell the idea that their books are open for discussion. I do understand that Muslim scholars insist that the word of God cannot be altered. But this is the biggest weakness. Nevermind that I do not believe that illiterate Arab merchant spoke to an angel but it's even more unlikely that he was able to write everything down a 100%. Again, this is another topic and again, feel free to pm me to discuss it.

Is the point I made in relations to the original video not clear?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:00:20 PM by Henry of Grosmont »
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
I never played LoL, but the message goes cross all MP games and game communities.

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2016, 06:02:39 PM »

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
  • Class: None
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2016, 07:17:16 PM »