Author Topic: Forum Update  (Read 3772 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
Forum Update
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:01:35 PM »
The forum has been updated to the newest version. Some modifications are not compatible with this version, see missing mods below. Also some bugs might occur, so post them here and let us know your thoughts on what they might be caused by.

Missing Mods

These mods were quite useful and an alternative modification would be great. We need something that works with SMF 2.0.5. When in doubt if compatible, still post the links you find and I'll check. Mods can be found at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/ and http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php.

1.    For justifying text (as opposed to having it aligned to the left, right or centre) - old mod: Justify BBCode
6.    For adding moderator and administrator rectangles around text and mark them as mod/admin edit; useful also for highlighting instructions and the like, e.g. how to post flash videos in the Music-thread - old mod: Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags

You can also look for other useful mods and suggest them here.

List of all the modifications we had installed and their compatibility
1.    Justify BBCode    2.3.1    (not compatible, need alternative)
2.    nCode Image Resizer    1.3.1    (updated)
3.    Order Custom Profile Fields    1.1    (updated)
4.    Ohara YouTube Embed    1.0    (added alternative: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3751)
5.    Member Color Link    3.0.8    (alternative installed)
6.    Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags    1.8    (not compatible, need alternative)
7.    AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1         (outdated; do we need an alternative or can we do without the chat?)
8.    SMF Gallery Lite    3.0.1    (don't think we were using this)

9.     Custom_Top_menu    1.2    (seems to be working)
10.    Post History    0.3      (updated)
11.    Spoiler BBCode    1.1.3        (outdated; alternatives: used this one http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2940; also available http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=195)
12.    Reason For Editing Mod    2.3.2    (updated)
13.    Favicon    1.3         (not found; apparently not needed)
14.    Yet Another Global Announcements Mod    2.7.3     (not compatible, but not necessarily needed)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:02:21 PM by SCGavin »
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline nedsat

Re: Forum Update
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »
I miss the colored names. Looks wierd when browsing the forum now! :o

Edit: The window you write in when you reply seems bug. The scroll bar is missing.

Also im not allowed to see what your spoilers says for some reason.

Test. -- Gavin
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:56:34 PM by SCGavin »
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »
I miss the colored names. Looks wierd when browsing the forum now! :o

Yeah, didn't find a compatible version. Would be great if someone found something comparable.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:48:17 PM »
Also im not allowed to see what your spoilers says for some reason.

Does it work now?

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:07 PM »
Edit: The window you right in when you reply seems bug. Keeps going on going out the screen to the right.

Others with the same problem? Ideas what it might be tied to? I disabled the spoiler mod to see if that was the cause, but it didn't seem to change the size of the edit field.

Offline tomy

• dta designs
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »
I got the same... I miss the colors :P

Offline Tallie

• Class: None
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »
Everything is ok for me, except the the reply bar, it's all over to the right side.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
Missing Mods

These mods were quite useful and an alternative modification would be great. We need something that works with SMF 2.0.5. When in doubt if compatible, still post the links you find and I'll check. Mods can be found at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/ and http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php.

1.    For justifying text (as opposed to having it aligned to the left, right or centre) - old mod: Justify BBCode    2.3.1    (not compatible, need alternative)
5.    For colouring member names according to rank - old mod: Member Color Link    3.0.8    (not compatible, need alternative)
6.    For adding moderator and administrator rectangles around text and mark them as mod/admin edit; useful also for highlighting instructions and the like, e.g. how to post flash videos in the Music-thread - old mod: Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags    1.8    (not compatible, need alternative)

Bugs

Edit/Reply bar extended too much to the right - suggestions for a fix, ideas what it might be tied to?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:15:04 PM by SCGavin »

Offline Carl

• Class: None
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
i have no problems what so ever. i find the current colorless rank theme quite appealing. i would recommend three colors for administrators/moderators, one for members and one for external users. but thats properly too confusing with the forum hierarchy and rights. 

Offline Osiris

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »
heh i wondered what happened :D

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
Well, the colored names are not just for ranks. It highlights the person who made the last post in a thread with colored bold letters, which makes it easier to scim through important topics of the day. If possible, I'd like them back.

Also, the bar on the bottom to expand the text field doesn't work.

One request: If the text could adapt to the size of the window like it used to, that would be nice. Right now I can only see the right half of my post :)

Offline IGnis

• Burn for justice
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 10:21:11 PM »
I have a big problem,  u rly have to fix it, very important, without i cant attend to deal with the forum regularly. U probably just forgot to install it, this happens, but this is very important for the whole IG community and since nobody else reported this "bug" i think i will have to say: I miss the Hello Kitty Header and My little Pony Overlay.  :'(

Spoiler
:P
Burn for justice!
"In peace vigilant, in war victory, in death... sacrifice."
"Everything it takes for victory."(Grey Warden, DAO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2yrllyhL4

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 02:19:50 AM »
Well, the colored names are not just for ranks. It highlights the person who made the last post in a thread with colored bold letters, which makes it easier to scim through important topics of the day. If possible, I'd like them back.

Yeah, would be good to have them. The mod we used for that hasn't been updated along with the forum software, so we either need to find a similar mod, create one ourselves or live without it.

Also, the bar on the bottom to expand the text field doesn't work.

Works for me. Did you try to drag it down or did you just click on it? (You have to drag.)

One request: If the text could adapt to the size of the window like it used to, that would be nice. Right now I can only see the right half of my post :)

Not sure what you mean. Could you make a screenshot?

Offline Archivist

• Creative Director
  • Steal, borrow, refer; save your shady inference.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 03:05:59 AM »

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President