Author Topic: Problem with the game  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Triari

• External Admin
  • Class: Ranger
Problem with the game
« on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »
Hello guys,

Don't know where to post it but I hope this is the right section.

Alright so my game keeps crashing after a few minutes of playing Warband. Not really the game itself but more my whole PC. It could be something with the graphic card but I'm not sure about it. The picture on my monitor is just freezing and I hear some strange sound. I am not able to do anything anymore in that case. The only solution is to restart the PC. This happens apparently only if I'm ingame. (I watched a movie today over 1 hour and nothing happened at all.)
The problem just appeared today - yesterday everything was working fine for me.

Was wondering if anyone has some experince with this. I hope it can be fixed somehow and I appreciate all the help I can get from you.
I would really like to play the match this evening   :erm:

Offline nedsat

• Class: Infantry
Re: Problem with the game
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 01:46:46 PM »
How is the temperature on your CPU when it crashes?

Did you install any new drivers within the last couple of days?

Do you have FPS capped at anything in warband? If not then set it to cap at 100-120fps.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
Alright nedsat I'm writing this from my mother's laptop at the moment.

I have done exactly what you said: I tried to play some different games and the last one was "Sim City". After a few minutes of playing my PC was restarting without a reason or at least it loocked like this. So my Desktop turned black but apparently my PC was still working. That's the end: I could still hear some sound but there was a blackscreen and I wasn't able to do anything.

After a few minutes I decided to just turn it off manually. I tried to restart it but now some strange sound appears immediatly. It sounds like some "Piep" all the time. Something like if your microwave is finished but without any break in it. Just one single sound all the time.

It's hard to explain it but I hope you got some impression. I can't restart my computer anymore. I'll ask my father later and maybe have to get my PC into some computer stores so they can try to fix it.

If you have any idea what happened just post it here. I'm trying to check it as often as possible.

Offline Kvite

• Class: None
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
What kind of drives do you have? I had a similar issue of and it was related to my SSD.

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »
What kind of drives do you have? I had a similar issue of and it was related to my SSD.

I'm not sure and I can't restart my computer at the moment. I'll try to get some information.

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
Alright it's working again at the moment. Hopefully it won't crash again.
My father said it could be happened because of the temperature. I had around 30C over the past few days in my room.

I don't know if it's fixed now. If not, I'll write here again. Thank you a lot for your help   :)

Offline Goker

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 02:59:40 PM »
Sounds like an overheating problem with the graphics card. Make sure your fans are working and are not blocked. Do a bit of a clean-up cause they get rather dusty. And don't run your PC in a room that is burning up.

Offline nedsat

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »
As Goker said and why I asked you to check temperatures (you should still do this).
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline tomy

• dta designs
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 03:15:33 PM »
The beep sound is the way your PC lets you know that something is wrong! And yes it probably your tempature..  :P

Offline Ivarr

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »
The mentioned heat issue sounds likely. Be careful with pushing the system for it may damage something - your motherboard's chip, for example. In which case you'll have a dying PC even after you get the temperature under control.

It may be worth to open up the PC and look for damaged capacitors. Both on the motherboard and on the graphics card. It's not likely to be the issue if it's a fairly new PC, but I'd check anyway. It looks like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
  • Ivarr Ivarr

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »
Hey!

I know the topic is old but it seems like the same is happening again.
Last time it was my hard-disk (hard-drive? not sure how it's called. the thing you save your stuff on.) and it had to be exchanged (I believe.)

Don't know if it's really about the temperature (as mentioned above). Can it get "hot enough" to crash in like 20 minutes?
Also it happens only while I'm playing games. Can do other stuff for hours but playing only for like 30 minutes.

Is there a way to simply open the PC, look into it and say "Yep, it's damaged!"? I'm not really an expert  :unsure:

Offline Ivarr

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 08:43:09 PM »
Is there a way to simply open the PC, look into it and say "Yep, it's damaged!"?
You can see whether or not all the fans are spinning and check what I described before. Other than those things - not really.

There's no way to tell what's wrong with it without knowing more about the PC and running some tests.
  • Ivarr Ivarr

Offline ryozu

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 09:33:01 PM »
You could try installing SpeedFan, check case/HDD/CPU temperature sensors, turn logging on and then start playing. Once you crash, check the charts to see if the problem's with any of those parts.
  • IG_Mgt_ryozu
  • ryozu ryozu

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »
Inside my PC everything looks fine. Cleaned as good as possible and couldn't find anything similar to the picture Ivarr posted.
Installed your programm Ryozu. It looks like this, right?

I'll start Warband now and keep it running until it crashes again.
I've clicked on "Configure" and enabled the option "Log". Even after a crash I should see what happened, right?

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 03:23:03 PM »
Once I'm in the game the GPU is rising to over 60 and got a flame on the left instead of the blue thing. I guess that's bad?
Closing Warband makes it go back to normal.

What does it mean? Can I do anything? All fans are working from what I have seen.