Author Topic: Class limit restriction at IG_Battlegrounds  (Read 13409 times)

Offline nedsat

• Class: Infantry
Class limit restriction at IG_Battlegrounds
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
Dear visitors of IG_Battlegrounds,

We have now added a procentage based class limit restriction to IG_Battlegrounds (courtesy of Wolfpack).
These class limits are in no way set in stone and are still subject of change should we not like the outcome. These limites are not implanted because we do not like archers and/or archer players but because we feel the extreme number of archers there sometimes is on the server when it is highly populated, is unbalanced class-wise and overall less enjoyable.

We will continuously evaluate the outcome of this change and all of your feedback either here or in our TW thread is very much appreciated.

The limit is currently at: 100% infantry, 40% archer and 50% cavalry for each team.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:37:35 PM by Folms »
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline Le_Roux

• Na Mi Chaah
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Class limit restriction at IG_Battlegrounds
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
Hello!

I feel 35% is too few for small amounts of players.
I am right now playing with about 16-20 players on each team, and I feel the restrictions are fine right now.
But earlier I was playing with 8 players on each team, and it just felt as too few archers on the team.
we r   migghter worio---fighterrs of ''istnar''' and r fgighting evvill and creul rodoc and swadiaaans   llool xXDDDD heha

Offline Nubijuki

• Class: None
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »
Thank you so much for taking this initiative! It sounds great!

Offline David

• Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
Looking forward to it, as LR with low amounts of people it can be a bit annoying/less fun etc but I think overall it will improve BG. I enjoyed the tester week anyhow :P

Offline Folms

• i'm coming at you like a d̶a̶r̶k̶ rainbow horse
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »
But earlier I was playing with 8 players on each team, and it just felt as too few archers on the team.

Increasing the amount will be cause the opposite aka too many archers with a small amount of players. Considering the fact that IG is mostly populated by 20+ people, % should be quite low. Imo.
Nedsat: he is so active that he managed to catch tomy online but not in Warband and invited him to play then he gets my vote.... and my axe.

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 05:26:11 PM »
I simply hate joining the server and not being able to play ranged, just have to go find another server :(

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Oliveran

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »
I still don't get why people complain. The problem is the maps, not that there's archers. The problem is that people can camp on really ridicilous positions where you can't get up without dying (like say only one ladder leading up to it). It's not "Omg archer's OP can't win", it's "There's one / two ladders up, we can't get a crossfire up and shoot them down, and they're 15 people up there" or "I got a team where 15 out of the 25 are new players who charge in and die because they don't even know how to press block".

I find this restriction silly, unnecessary and bad. The maps are bad (as in too many positions to camp on for 10+ archers), not the classes. Just because infantry isn't the class that "kills the most" or "camps the best", doesn't make it the worst class.

Fix the maps, not the classes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:34:43 PM by Oliveran »

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Le_Roux

• Na Mi Chaah
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »

Increasing the amount will be cause the opposite aka too many archers with a small amount of players. Considering the fact that IG is mostly populated by 20+ people, % should be quite low. Imo.
Archer spam is numbers, not a percentage, if 16 players are on the server, 8 on each team, and both teams have 4 archers, I don't see the issue.
We shouldn't fight archer spam as a problem, it's the annoyance of camping archers and our inabilty to cope with that.
That's maps, not the class, I agree it's the amount, but as Oli said, it's the maps.
we r   migghter worio---fighterrs of ''istnar''' and r fgighting evvill and creul rodoc and swadiaaans   llool xXDDDD heha

Offline samurai Tad

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »
went onto IG native, went to go archer, found I couldn't, found out there is a limit.....I then come out, sad sad day, i'll very rarely play on IG anymore, I will be on wolfpack siege now.

Shame really as IG was really good, why, after 3-4 years do you do this? if it isn't broken then don't fix it, it was fine before!

:smh:

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »
We do this because there were a number of complaints about archer spam and our latest test with fixed class-limits did not yield satisfactory results. Back then the suggestion was made to use percentage-based class-limits, so that is what we are testing now. If it turns out that the situation is not improved (or worsened), we will disable it again.

So, please do provide feedback and suggestions. Ideally we will find a solution that is okay for both those who like to play ranged and those who feel that archer-spam is a serious problem.
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline samurai Tad

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »

So, please do provide feedback and suggestions. Ideally we will find a solution that is okay for both those who like to play ranged and those who feel that archer-spam is a serious problem.

Im afraid I disagee, it is now pro -infanty, you cater for those who like to play infantry but not those who like to play archer. Why adjust? Was the server always empty? No, it wasn't! It is always full/ nearly full!

So I don't get why the change because of a few complainers!

Offline nedsat

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »
I've heard plently of archers saying they think there is too many archers.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline Le_Roux

• Na Mi Chaah
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »
Well 100-60% is too much, but I find 50% very much acceptable.

Offline Nubijuki

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 09:42:10 PM »
I've been playing tonight, and i have to say that it was far more enjoyable to play on the server without getting archer spammed. Long time i didn't see such melee fighting and even players having such team-play with each other.

Offline Thibault

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »
thanks so much for this IG  ;)