Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Yans

• Teammates will be friends.
  • Class: Ranger

Offline Cutlass

• Guards Very Own Buccaneer!
  • Class: None
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:44:58 PM »
well itll be intresting thats for sure! ive gone off most MMOs recently however i lack the time to play them GW2 and secret world are two examples which i unfortuneatly dont have the time to play this one however looks fantastic really looking forward to exploring the elder scrolls universe in one persistant world of course theres alot to live up too but so far i like the look of it!  :))

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:03:47 PM by Cutlass »
  • IG_Knt_Cutlass
  • Ergo Ergo

Offline Mordreid

• "The Black Knight always triumphs"
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
Signed up for the beta so we'll see what happens.
If I get it I will post my thoughts about it here, if I can that is :P

I wil check it out, if its good enough of a MMO I might sub to it but for now GW2 is for free and as good as it is I see no point in paying to play a MMO anymore unless as I said above it is better or gives me enough joy to merit a sub.
"The Black Knight always triumphs"

Offline Ivarr

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »
I do not think the world needs another MMORPG. However, this one may have more potential than many others because of the extensive lore and history The Elder Scrolls world have.

I wonder why did they change the game to third person view - keeping it primarily first person, like TES single player games have been, would have distinguished it from other MMORPGs. The animations in those trailers and presentations looks crude but that's a norm for TES games, I think. The fights look particularly bad :/ - looks like the usual MMOPRG battles where the player must throw all their magic at the enemy till it falls down. An attack always has the same animation regardless whether it hit something, missed, or was blocked. It is lacking in visual feedback and effective mechanics in a fight.

To me the only positive aspects of the games are that it looks nice (as long as no one moves) and has a vast lore. Oh, and it would be nice to see TES-like quests. Usually the MMORPG quests are repetitive and so generic that you don't even have to read the description - just run to the marker and kill or collect something till the game announces that you are done.
  • Ivarr Ivarr