Author Topic: Tips & Tricks  (Read 748 times)

Offline Nublet

• Green is best!!
  • Class: Ranger
Tips & Tricks
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:18:31 AM »
I thought it could be nice to have a 'Tips & Tricks' thread so you can share your tricks you discover, and since i almost always plays ranger my tips will be for those.

Spoiler
To help aiming on enemies that are close to you, you can aim ahead of them and let them run into your crosshair and then fire, this usually helps with hitting people who's trying to strafe to dodge your shots.
This don't work on people who know what you are trying to do, they will just avoid running into your crosshair.
Spoiler
ALWAYS keep 1 shot on you at all times. This one you should use in defense if a melee character comes close or if you have a guaranteed hit, It's always useful to be able to change to your ranged weapon.
Spoiler
If an enemy comes close while you're reloading your crossbow you should look and see if you can finish the reload in time, with a little luck you can just shoot as soon as you are done with the reload (usually this does not require much aiming since they're so close) this is risky though so it should not be used unless you think you have a guaranteed hit or are not low on health.
Spoiler
If an enemy comes close to you with a melee weapon and you have a loaded crossbow, don't change weapon, instead try to get a quick shot on him, hitting a plate wearer with 60 damage (armour piercing/push lever) is a big deal and gives you an advantage in a 1v1 fight. And if you hit the head you've got yourself a quick kill.
Spoiler
Crossbow vs Crossbow. Don't be the first one to fire, if you have the loaded crossbow and the other crossbowman wasted his shot or did'nt kill you with his you should take your time and aim carefully and if he keeps strafing left to right you can use the first tip. (be mindful about your surroundings, someone else can still shoot or come up behind you and stab you.
(Also, if you're the last one to fire you can still begin reloading before the other crossbowman, giving you an even bigger advantage.)

Feel free to share your own 'Tips & Tricks' with everyone else  :)
"Lead us from death to victory, from falsehood to truth.
Lead us from despair to hope, from faith to slaughter.
Lead us to His strength and an eternity of war.
Let His wrath fill our hearts.
Death, war, and blood;
in vengeance serve the Emperor and the name of Dorn!"

Offline tomy

• dta designs
Re: Tips & Tricks
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »
Color Meanings
Dark blue : Plate armor hit, large part absorbed (reduced damage).
Light Blue : Mail armor hit, partly absorbed (reduced damage).
Yellow : Leather armor hit, fraction absorbed (reduced damage).
Orange : Cloth armor hit, "True damage" (no damage reduction).
Red : Critical hit (Face), Increased damage (Prety sure its 2x).

For the ones who didnt know what it ment :) i didnt know previously so i looked it up!

Offline General Sherman

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »
First off, I'm not sure how to use the spoiler function so I will try to keep this short.

If you like to use 2 hander weapons the "Hamstring" perk can be used to knock people down even if they are facing you by using stab attacks directed at their legs. Not sure if you guys already knew that, but it works really well for me.

Offline anton71

• Class: None
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »
Color Meanings
Dark blue : Plate armor hit, large part absorbed (reduced damage).
Light Blue : Mail armor hit, partly absorbed (reduced damage).
Yellow : Leather armor hit, fraction absorbed (reduced damage).
Orange : Cloth armor hit, "True damage" (no damage reduction).
Red : Critical hit (Face), Increased damage (Prety sure its 2x).

For the ones who didnt know what it ment :) i didnt know previously so i looked it up!

I think critical hit is 1.5x now days

Offline malcheus

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »

Crossbow vs Crossbow. Don't be the first one to fire, if you have the loaded crossbow and the other crossbowman wasted his shot or did'nt kill you with his you should take your time and aim carefully and if he keeps strafing left to right you can use the first tip. (be mindful about your surroundings, someone else can still shoot or come up behind you and stab you.
(Also, if you're the last one to fire you can still begin reloading before the other crossbowman, giving you an even bigger advantage.)[/spoiler]

Be mindful that if the other crossbowman has the windlass+crescent moon combination, he can instakill you. This combination can do in exess of 200 damage. This is a very effective build against opposing archers, it does almost no damage against armor, but they instakill everywhere else (ie. legs).

Offline Archivist

• Creative Director
  • Steal, borrow, refer; save your shady inference.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:37:18 AM »
Spoiler
If you hit the guy with your sword enough times, he will die.

Offline Furiso

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:09:06 AM »
I've been testing movement & encumbrance.

The basics are everyone has two movement speeds, initial and top speed.

Moving forward in a straight line for about 5 seconds brings players to their top speed. The acceleration perk fleetfooted has no effect on this as it relates to side strafe changing direction speed.

Initial speed is effected by every point of encumbrance whereas top speed seems much less sensitive and there is barely any difference in top speed despite encumbrance.
A few people remarked top speed was the same despite encumbrance but I do see a slight reduction in top speed when players get very heavy.

Looking closer at light armours, Peasant Rags and Jupon have the exact same encumbrance.

Light mail gambeson has the exact same encumbrance as Galloglass mail.

Player move about 25% faster side stepping right/left than than they do backwards.

The jumping perk and continually hopping will allow you to cover more ground forward than if you were just running.

Moving forward will add momentum to your strikes but moving forward and left/right at the same time will not.

Weapon-X

Offline AradorasXeon

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
I think this is the most appropriate topic for my question.

How many damage do you have to deal to Execute someone without the animation?

So today I was playing on some randoming server where the death penalty time is around 13 seconds (you can't yield for that long), and instead of being executed this guy just kept hitting my body's head, and after 3-6 hits (depended on weapons) he managed to "finish the job", the little skull icon appeared above my body. (He was not able to do it with a knife in the ammount of given time)

Also does this give you the XP and coins too?

If noone knows we should try it out on the server sometime.
King Regards,

~ Baby bon ~

Offline MKNine

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »
It's 300 dmg if I remember correctly and you should get the award for it.

Offline Skinnyjean

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 02:40:05 AM »
MK Come back to roses, I miss you !   :love:

Offline Osares

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
MK Come back to roses, I miss you !   :love:

Hmm seems abit off-topic, however im pretty sure it's 300 as MK sais. In pb it's the best way of executing someone in critical sittuations as otherwise you are easy targets for xbows (and every hit counts, while a failed execution gives nothing). Also note that hitting the head deals more damage even to a body so try to aim for that ^^

PS.
Spoiler
:cheers: MK listen to wise man Skinny!
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline AradorasXeon

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »
I am not sure if this considered as glitching, but here it is:

Today I was playing on the k| guys' server. It was on pitched battle as usual. I was the last survivor on my team and there were pleanty of others in the enemy team. I decided to flee. I was climbing up on a ladder, behind me two footmen. I noticed that two xbow man was just waiting for me like 40 yards away on another rooftop (St. Albans). I stopped for a moment. I didn't want to be finished of with a headshot. I noticed something on my left side like a scaffolding. So I was like I should jump there, but I was still on the ladder from which you cannot jump (?!), but I just did exactly that and I survived for like 5 more seconds. :P
After that came Bamburgh castle, but I wasn't able to reproduce the samething, though I managed to jump on the ladder, but only upwards not left or right.
Any ideas how is this working?
King Regards,

~ Baby bon ~