Author Topic: Builds  (Read 1536 times)

Offline MKNine

• Class: Infantry
Re: Builds
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:50:20 PM »
Nice, all you need now is a couple of equites  :)

Offline Thunder

• It's a very happy day ! We'll have some fun, fun
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »
For those who want to play roman, with a bit of difference here's it is !

Spoiler
It's just a bit different, made of non-historic things, but because gallo roman where poor, it's armor is brown and rust
"We are not a local band
We are from outer space
We don't even give a damn
We will probably smash your face"
Dead milkmen- Milkmen stomp

Offline Madvillain

• It's been a great ride.
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »
Looks cool Thunder!

Offline Fat Walrus?

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 09:11:15 AM »
this is my current build:

crossbowman:

italian xbow+push lever+standard bolts+safety ---with this setup u can still get instakill headshots and great dmg while still being able to reload quickly. The safety helps to surprise ur opponent with a quick xbow hit before entering melee  o:)

mace+passau steel+standard --- the mace is quick and deadly even with heavy plate.... and cuz i think the battleaxe and the almain warhammer are way OP and the swords are useless vs plate

harness of plate armour --- basically cuz its great for melee since there are a lot of players who use both 1h and 2h swords and because i think that the almain munitions plate is OP, besides it looks so cool  :D

bascinet helmet with visor and chainmail -- cuz it gives decent protection vs headshots,offers decent vision with the visor down and it looks cool

perks:
sharpshooter and eagleeye perks
thick skinned and regenerative
sterilised bandages ant  and second opinion so u can see whos bleeding (yes yes im  a vulture i know  :)) )
runner and fleet footed
healing and replentish quiver officer perks

Althogh a shield would be usefull, i dont really know how to fight with it  :bag: and the extra encumbrance is dangerous when ur wearing heavy plate

you can call me Scipio, Walrus, Scippi is also acceptable.. JUST DONT CALL ME FAT!

Offline Fat Walrus?

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 09:33:34 AM »
swordsman:

2h english sword+toledo steel+ balanced+hollow grind --- great for crowd control but kinda useless in duels, good range too. use fully charged stabs vs plate and side swings for light and medium armour

mace+passau+standard --- for 1v1 fights cuz its as fast as a sword (even in heavy plate) and it does decent dmg vs all types of armour

harness of plate armour --- decent protection vs those pesky 2h swordsmen , and running away(aldough im one cowardly walrus) isnt really an option unless ure in light armour

bascinet with visor and chainmail --- mainly cuz it looks cool

perks:
shield breaker(use it to demolish shields with the mace) and highwayman( u need it to switch from crowd control to 1v1 situations)
thick skinned and regenerative
sterilised bandages and barber surgeon
fleet footed and runner
healing and dmg buff

this is a decent heavy infantry calss without beeing OP in any way....altough u could might called a speedhacker when fighting with the mace (im talking from personal experience) :))  o:)
you can call me Scipio, Walrus, Scippi is also acceptable.. JUST DONT CALL ME FAT!

Offline Fat Walrus?

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 09:52:56 AM »
spear cavalry

easter spear +imperial+convex + standard --- great range and ease of use,decent dmg

mace+imperial+standard --- good allound sidearm with excellent speed , the almain warhammer(the best sidearm in the game in my opinion)     
                                           is a better choice if u dont mind it being OP as hell.

almain munitions plate --- cuz heavy plate isnt really an option (ur screwed if ur unhorsed)

pavise shield with evrything  standard --- great for blocking lances and arrows and gives u a greater chance of surviving if  your horse dies

bascinet with visor and chainmail --- mainly cuz of the great visibility with the visor down (ALWAYS keep your visor down)

irish(the black one) barded horse --- the best horss but kinda expensive(anyway when choosing the horse i always prefer speed over stamina and life) unarmoured horses are easy to kill and the extra manouvrability isnt really an advantage if u use S+W to do tight turns

perks:
shieldbreaker and highwayman --- i usually switch to the mace only if im on foot cuz i cant fight with a shield
shield wall and shield expert --- i dont use shield bash(OP)... unless im trolling that is  :D
sterilised bandages and second opinion --- its important to know whos bleeding so u cand get a quick kill, and besides, as a cavalryman u wont get to revive ppl much
heavy cavalry and hosemaster (the one taht improves manovering)

btw i always use imperial on all my weapons
i do have some tips for cav but i dont think this is the right place for them  :unsure:
ill post screenshots soon

Offline Henry of Grosmont

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
About xbow build, I currently have two (the second is to engage more closely).

Sniper:
Almain armor + bascinet (houndskull visor). Alamin armor is the quickest medium and offers decent protection. Bascinet is just a best helmet around and I don't mind its encumbrance with this build.

Italian Arbalest - Windlass - Standard - no safety or double quiver - they add much encumbrance and combined with windlass, makes reloading so slow. With windlass, its power outweighs its reloading time, imo - you can easily instakill with the body shot.

Battle Axe - Imperial - Standard - Convex - Standard (axe balances between slashes against light armor and spike is good against plate).

Perks - marksman and eagle eye - pretty self-explanatory.
            thick skinned and regenerative - I used to have a shield but dropped for more speed and I have to block more (probably the weakest part of my game)
            runner and field warden - I find field warden to be a much better pick than fleetfooted. a) jumping takes you faster from A to B b) takes you to places your opponent can't. In fact, I have  this perk in my every build.
            sterilized bandages and second opinion - we're all vultures.
            healing and damage - snipers don't need marching boost as much as damage increase.

Trolling Shooter (I'm going back and forth with this one until I find the perfect combo for me, i.e. Arbalest or Steel Spanned, levers, etc):
Peasant Rags and Peasant Cap - this build is all about speed, being a vulture and punishing others for recklessness.

Italian Arbalest - Push - Standard - sometimes safety but never double quiver - push lever is fast enough to skip the safety but on some map it might actually help.

Galloglass Kern's Axe - Imperial - Standard - Convex - Standard - this thing, combined with rags, is so fast. Plus, it can instakill and decapitate.

Same perks apart from switching damage buff to marching bonus.

@Walrus
Why Passau steel on a mace?
btw, mace is absolutely devastating against plate and deals good damage to other types as well. It's right there with Almain Hammer and Battle Axe.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 10:42:43 AM by Henry of Grosmont »
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Fat Walrus?

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »
well i block a lot and it seems to me taht the mace lasts longer with passau... btw we could thest that theory if u have the time...
The mace is just as fast as the battleaxe and its faster than the almain warhammer but it doese a lot less dmg(thats why i believe its not OP)... u cant really instakill with it(at least i cant) and its great vs axe spammers becasue of its speed

Offline Henry of Grosmont

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
well i block a lot and it seems to me taht the mace lasts longer with passau... btw we could thest that theory if u have the time...
The mace is just as fast as the battleaxe and its faster than the almain warhammer but it doese a lot less dmg(thats why i believe its not OP)... u cant really instakill with it(at least i cant) and its great vs axe spammers becasue of its speed
I'd love to test that with you, maybe even tonight ;)
I think that mace is faster than battle axe and it easily compensates for its lesser damage.
And you're absolutely right - best counter to the spam axes.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Fat Walrus?

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
yeah but with the battleaxe u get easy decapitations(great advantage in pitched battles) and awesome dmg vs light armour... but i kinda think the spike is useless :))
 i think the best sidearm is the almain warhammer cuz of its hudge dmg vs any kind of armor and its decent speed(also tons of instaskills with it),ofc u should use medium armor with it... the only disadvantage i see is when fighting dagger, headsman an executioners axe spammers who get in close(the mace has a shorter range,thats why its perfect vs spammers)

Offline Greedy Sheedy

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »
Personally I think the battleaxe is the best sidearm in the game. Although the almain hammer is powerful it is slower and range wise it is harder to use and hit with, hence why most of the ballerina galloglass guys have the battleaxe as their trusty companion.