Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM  (Read 52569 times)

Offline Archivist

• Creative Director
  • Steal, borrow, refer; save your shady inference.
  • Class: Infantry
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:19:43 AM by Archivist »

Offline Ivarr

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
The horse looks like it really doesn't want to be there :D.

Graphics wise, it doesn't seem to be as big leap as Oblivion was. The world detail appears to be almost the same to my, likely ignorant, eye. And the polygon count on player's arm is low. I'm not complaining, though - I have never bought a game because of it's looks. I'm sure it'll be a good one and I'll definitely play it.
  • Ivarr Ivarr

Offline Kvite

• Class: None
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »
This is the first game I've been looking forward to in years.

Offline M

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:19:38 PM »
I'm gonna play it I'm gonna be a brave wizzard with strong spells and many wench

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »
I want to be a thief/assasin :D

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
They better have listened to my suggestion for a Chikun Warrior class... >:(

Offline David

• Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:04:33 PM »
I really wanted spears to be included but I heard a while back there not guna make em  :(.

As for what class the thief/assassin always worked out best for me in oblivion.

Offline Archivist

• Creative Director
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »
They want to improve the fighting system with the weapons used in the previous games, as opposed to adding new things like spears, which due to their length, can be difficult to balance.  Basically, they are too lazy.

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
Likewise! I'm gonna the living hell outta this game.
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Carl

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
Does this game have an MP? Sorry, to lazy to look it up. Is this any good and worth buy wasting time?

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »
Previous Elder Scroll titles haven't featured MP, afaik. I'm not so fond of SP games these days either, but this is still a must-buy, especially since I played Oblivion and tried out some of the earlier Elder Scrolls. Someone tried to make a mod for Oblivion that would enable MP, but I don't think it was ever finished. I wish Skyrim would have well-implemented MP, but I'm not sure if it's feasible...
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Archivist

• Creative Director
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 03:07:19 PM »
Does this game have an MP? Sorry, to lazy to look it up. Is this any good and worth buy wasting time?

I'd say The Elder Scrolls games are among the few  out there that are actually worth the retail price (If you enjoy RPGs). I love the fact that they are keeping it single player. Too many developers are jumping on the multiplayer bandwagon, stretching their budget between both single player and multiplayer. Consequently creating a subpar single player experience and a multiplayer lacking in content.

Personally, I have yet to find a multiplayer game that offers the same enjoyment that I get from single player games (excluding warband, of course).

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »

I'd say The Elder Scrolls games are among the few  out there that are actually worth the retail price (If you enjoy RPGs). I love the fact that they are keeping it single player. Too many developers are jumping on the multiplayer bandwagon, stretching their budget between both single player and multiplayer. Consequently creating a subpar single player experience and a multiplayer lacking in content.

Personally, I have yet to find a multiplayer game that offers the same enjoyment that I get from single player games (excluding warband, of course).
Not to go too off-topic, but I play single player RPGs and multiplayer RPGs for entirely different reasons. Single player RPGs (like Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic) are usually more immersive and challenging to me, while multiplayer RPGs (World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, etc.) are more about competition, fun and social aspects of gaming, although both can be equally entertaining. When it comes to RPG games in multiplayer settings you usually have people who know the game inside out, which leads to über-builds. I can appreciate this, but this is entirely a different experience to me than playing single player RPGs. This would also be one of the downsides of having Skyrim becoming a multiplayer game. It might become more of an exercise in game mechanics than a magical world of.. magic. :D
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Carl

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
Im not so much into single player and RPGs to be honest besides that strange Fallout game. This looks good though and i might give it a try when it is released. Properly need a new PC then ...

Offline David

• Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
Single player and multi-player RPG's both have there pro's and con's.

There's been times ive been running aout on oblivion thinking, wouldn't it be great to have this on multi-player. Other times im glad they kept it single player, more focus and content. It depends on wha you like, personally I think there are plenty of multi-player RPG's/MMO's to deal with, so a excellent single player like oblivion suits me fine. And i've never got bored of it either, i've done the main quest over so many times but cause there are diff skills and races etc every single one has been unique.

On-topic