Author Topic: How to modify Profile Fields  (Read 294 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
How to modify Profile Fields
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:26:39 AM »
Steam ID

For the Steam profile field you need your unique Steam ID. In my case this is '76561197987123382' - you can find yours by looking at the URL of your Steam profile, which in turn you can find via google by searching for your name and steam (or through other means, I suppose). Once you have your ID, you should go to 'Profile' > 'Modify Profile' > 'Forum Profile' (on this forum), scroll down to the field 'Steam' and enter the number. You can also take a look at this tutorial: http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70949

This will allow other users to add you as friend directly by clicking on the steam icon or your name.

To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline KilleR

• External Admin
  • Yes, I am depressed and No, I don't joke around
  • Class: Cavalry
Re: How to modify Profile Fields
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:52:28 AM »
i personally think it's easier and more efficient to replace the ID-number with a custom URL you can create on your steam profile:

1. go to your own profile
2. click on edit
3. create your custom ID(still has to be unused)

4. then follow the steps SCGavin listed but make sure to enter the Custom ID (in my case it is KilleRWarband)

The custom IDs are usually shorter and more clear since they show a name rather than just a high digit number
this is the result: