Author Topic: Al-Rashwan  (Read 823 times)

Offline Sahsuvar

• Class: Cavalry
Al-Rashwan
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:30:41 PM »
AL-RASHWAN

Hello Everyone!

I have created a new closed battle map and I would like to show you.I hope, it will be played in your server.
This map is a closed map as I told you and it has a lot of streets and byroads.Also it has tree levels, first team will spawn on the first level which one is the higher, second team will spawn on the third level which one is the lowest and the second level is the largest and it has streets, byroads and all of the flags.There are two houses which have climbing roofs and each of them sees one of these flags.The another thing to speak of is that there are so many points for archers and infantries to protect themselves but wideness of streets are enough for cavalries to play easily.So I think this map appropriate for tactic. Iíve checked it many times so there wonít be glitch, bug or something.

Here is my map.

Overviews

Spoiler

Spawn Points

Spoiler
1st

2nd

Flag Points

Spoiler

Other Screenshots

Spoiler

Scene Code

Code: [Select]
scn_multi_scene_custom_7 multi_scene_custom_7 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000000b00005000005d91d00005b9a00001bd40000159e
 outer_terrain_plain_2

Downloadings

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:00:04 PM by Sahsuvar »

Offline Sahsuvar

Re: Al-Rashwan
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 02:26:20 PM »
I have just realised that I coded one of these flags incorrectly, but I corrected and the dowlondings were updated.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:03:25 AM by Sahsuvar »

Offline Triari

• External Admin
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »
Really like how detailed the map is, looks beautiful  :)

(Haven't tested it so I can tell only from the screenshots)

- Can cav ride up and down all the stairs? Would be good if that's possible.

- The accessible roofs are a bit too much and it doesn't look like there are multiple ways up. This will lead to archers camping up there and no chance for any infantries to go up the stairs and kill them. (Just imagine 10 Vaegir Archers on one of the roofs.) I would suggest removing every access to roofs/walls/high places. Maybe keep one or two but make it very hard to defend (e.g. no good cover, multiple ways up, no value for defending flags, ...)

- Flags spawn immediately on our server. Have you checked if both teams can reach every flag in more or less the same time? Do both teams have approximately the same chances of successfully defending the flag? Are flag spawns in general balanced?

-The map looks a bit small - did you check how long the teams need after spawning to reach the opposite team's spawn? You can spawn for 30 seconds I believe so it would be very good if it needs at least 20 seconds (Cavalry is delayed by 10 seconds). Worst thing is to spawn late (due to beeing new, downloading the map or the class balancing) and get killed instantly.

That's everything that jumped into my mind. Hope it helps and thanks for submitting your map  :)

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »
I will work on it and update it again, thanks for your advices.  :)

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 07:41:47 PM »
I will work on it and update it again, thanks for your advices.  :)

I guess you know the server so don't do exactly what I say, just what you think will improve the map  :)

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 01:31:14 AM »
I edited the map again, I did some changes and addings.

This is the new overview, the map was widened a little bit and the location of one of these flags were changed.Also the accessible roofs were redesigned; some object were deleted and some others were repositioned.

Spoiler

The new location of flag:

Spoiler

Other edits:
- All the stairs edited for cav can ride up and down.
- There are two new moving ladders to go up to the accessible roofs so we have two multiple ways up.

Spoiler

By the way, I tested that when teams spawn they need 29 or 30 seconds to reach the other teams spawn point.(For infantries with the the lightest and free items on the shortest road.)

*The downloandings were edited.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:40:27 AM by Sahsuvar »

Offline Triari

• External Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 01:48:07 PM »
Looks great  :)

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
Looks great  :)

Thank you very much mate.  :)

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 07:33:57 PM »
Hello! I'll look at the maps you've posted soon. I've had a lot of work and extra stuff catching me up recently; so.

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
Hello! I'll look at the maps you've posted soon. I've had a lot of work and extra stuff catching me up recently; so.

Hello! No problem, good luck with that.  :)