Author Topic: Four New Maps [River Town - Currently on the server!]  (Read 896 times)

Offline Sahsuvar

• Class: Cavalry
Four New Maps [River Town - Currently on the server!]
« on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:52 PM »

Hello Everyone!
  Me and my friend Schizophren, have created new maps professionally since 2010.We have done some good workings for tournaments and events in Turkey.Also, we can design new maps for a lot of different mods of Warband.
  We want to show you our 4 new battle maps to put IG_Battlegrounds.They are all closed maps and I think these maps appropriate for tactic.We would like to see them played on your server a lot.
  Sincerely,
  Şahsuvar

Here are our maps.

KERPIC VİLLAGE

Overview

Spoiler

Spawn Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Flag Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

MOUNT TOWN

Overview

Spoiler

Spawn Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Flag Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

NIGHT RAID

Overview

Spoiler

Spawn Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Flag Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RIVER TOWN

Overview

Spoiler

Spawn Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Flag Points

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Downloadings

All Maps Designed by Şahsuvar and Schizophren
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:27:36 AM by Sahsuvar »

Offline Sahsuvar

Re: Four New Maps
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »
I've edited all of these maps again for correct some glitchs and bugs which I missed before.

But, the remarkable changes were done on the River Town.The map was widened and the locations of one of the spawn and two of these flags where changed.I think this version is better than the previous one.

Here is the new overview of River Town:

Spoiler

*The downloadings were updated.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:48:08 PM by Sahsuvar »

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »
Night Raid
  • Locations like this will not work in public. Imagine 25v25, and imagine a position like this; has to be blocked for public play
  • Long alleys ("corridors"), specifically this one, isn't fit for public either. While it looks great, and fits a town in logic, public (and competitive) maps need to be shorter. Bigger sized areas has to be centralized, if big; look on San'di'boush for a good example on alley-size and a big centered area!
  • When (or if) you make the alley/corridor smaller, please make sure the map does not become a labyrinth; everything needs to be as easy and logical as possible, because enormous maps tend to fall of in popularity.

Otherwise, the map looks fine. You might want to make some of the fences a tad bit smaller; generally, cover isn't all too necessary. Open areas can be dominated by infantries and rangers too, cover just makes archers stronger; and remember, unlike cavalry or infantry, an archer can set "guaranteed" headshots on any distance, so giving them too much cover makes them broken and give them reasons to camp.

Kerpic Village
I have to decline this map on the spot; roofs in general tend to be hard to mix in. Roofs that gives you aim over basically all the map, makes me scratch this map off from our server. It is a very nice looking map; but it's not functional for Battle and the way people play.

If you remove the roofs and add some small finesse things to the lower-ground areas, I will take a look at it again.

River Town
It looks good! Please cover up all the glitching-access to the roofs - and when I say all, I mean literally any even remote possible access; then block it! If you do, I can give it a ride on our server :)

Mount Town
Please block off all the towers; I know they're probably a central part of your map, but the areas are too easy to camp, and can spot too many positions. For an example, on Raven's Nest on IGBG, I've added an extra path up to avoid camping being too big an issue; in public, two towers on each side can result in stalemates. If you remove those, I'll give the map a run on IGBG.

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, I will start to edit them as soon as possible.

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 02:43:52 AM »
I edited all the maps without Kerpic Village in consideration of your advices.

- River Village: All the glitching-access to the roofs were covered up.

- Night Raid: The long alley were narrowed and some addings were done on it.The location which one you said was blocked and some coverings were deleted.Also, all of the fences were made smaller.

Spoiler

- Mount Town: These two towers which are in each side were blocked to go up; one these towers can be use to pass in it only.

Spoiler

So, here is my edits.I will wait you to see your opinion for them.If you want me to edit these maps again, I can do it.

EDIT: I edited Night Raid again to block a glitch.

*The downloadings were updated.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:52:51 PM by Sahsuvar »

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 09:35:10 AM »
I will add River Town, and after it being tested a bit, I'll add Mount Town next. I think Night Raid looks very good, but I'm not too sure it'll fit because of the size. We'll see if I give it a shot, depending on what critique the other maps get!

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Sahsuvar

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
I will add River Town, and after it being tested a bit, I'll add Mount Town next. I think Night Raid looks very good, but I'm not too sure it'll fit because of the size. We'll see if I give it a shot, depending on what critique the other maps get!

Thanks a lot, I can't wait to see our maps on IGBG.  :)

Spoiler
By the way, If you are not busy I would like to see your opinion about my other map, Al-Rashwan.

Offline Aeronwen

• malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
Re: Four New Maps [River Town - Currently on the server! ]
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
River Town has a lot of scene props and it can cause lag for some players. Maybe reduce the honey pots and sacks by about 3/4?

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Sahsuvar

Re: Four New Maps [River Town - Currently on the server! ]
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 11:34:36 PM »
River Town has a lot of scene props and it can cause lag for some players. Maybe reduce the honey pots and sacks by about 3/4?

It's done.

Download:

Offline Sahsuvar

Re: Four New Maps [River Town - Currently on the server!]
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »
Hey! I wonder about that when will you add the Mount Town to IGBG?