Poll

Instant flag spawn

Yay
23 (65.7%)
Nay
12 (34.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Instant Flag Feedback  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Kiron

• Not my axe
  • Class: Infantry
Re: Instant Flag Feedback
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 09:13:34 PM »
flag needs longer to raise. I literally have to rush at flag to make it before it hits the top on some maps
FBtR definetly need some balance about it.

Offline Marek

• Forum Moderator
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
Haven't tried the new system, however a possible solution came to my mind. You wouldn't need to change flag locations,  just write a code, that flag can be raised +- 20 seconds after its spawning.
If the flag spawns in one team's spawn, then the second team has more time to get there.

Offline Kiron

• Not my axe
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 09:39:35 PM »
Good idea  :thumbup:

Offline OurGloriousLeader

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 09:54:50 PM »
yep sounds perfect

Offline Nubijuki

• Class: None
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »
I like this

Offline Jubeg

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 05:50:41 PM »
Imo instant flag is not funny at all.. dunno why but id prefer playing with normal settings

Offline Oliveran

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 08:28:56 AM »
Updated:
Added the ECS3 class changes to IGBG.

Class changes
Vaegir
Archer: Power strike - 0 to 1  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:
Infantry: Shield - 2 to 4
Nords
Scout: Shield - 1 to 2
Rhodok
Crossbow: Shield - 2 to 4
Sergeant: Ironflesh - 4 to 5, Shield - 5 to 6, Power Throw - 1 to 3
Horseman: Riding - 4 to 5
Sarranid
Infantry: Power Strike - 4 to 5, Shield - 2 to 4 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Mamluke: Power Strike - 2 to 3, Athletics - 0 to 3

ACTUALLY fixed Raven's Nest, and added River Village instead of FbtR :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:01:33 AM by Oliveran »

Please teach me how to block :c

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
Oh I thought FBTR was quite fun.

Consider the time to raise flag change!!

THANKS OLI

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 11:49:41 AM »
increase the time it takes to raise flags

who said that

Offline Apollo

• Kragen is newb
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 03:47:32 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to increase the time it takes to raise the flags

Offline Bishopuser

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
Gotta say i dislike it, maybe because i m playing cav. But it seams that the team that has the flag closer gets the round, since you can t expect an coordinated aproach to a camped area in warband public servers. Archers are always camped up in safe places, inf got spears and can easely camp the flag. I think its preety helish for cav.  Might be more decent for the rest of classes, but trading circling for camping is not really an improvement imo. Feels like siege without the walls.

Offline Scar

• External Admin
  • Class: None
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2016, 02:27:14 AM »
One some maps it would be wise to increase the time it takes to raise the flags or add a cooldown before you can start raising them. I played some IG today, and whilst I'm still very glad you introduced this change in general, on some maps one of the teams doesn't even have a chance to reach the flags in time, let alone get balanced positions for a fight.

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
"Without the new update of IG_BG, NGF would have been still more popular than IG_BG, but they released such a clever update. "

Agree with Scar regarding flag time. With 30+ players it becomes important to have more time to reach a flag simply because there's more obstacles.

Regarding Bishop's complaint, I partially agree, in that I think currently archers have it too easy. It's better than the circling where nobody could do anything beyond follow the mob, but it's still not great that an archer can just find some awful spot and make life hell for cav trying to approach knowing that he has about 10 other archers backing him up. I would suggest readjusting the class limits to ensure there are less archers. (30%?)

Offline Oliveran

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »
"Without the new update of IG_BG, NGF would have been still more popular than IG_BG, but they released such a clever update. "

Agree with Scar regarding flag time. With 30+ players it becomes important to have more time to reach a flag simply because there's more obstacles.

Regarding Bishop's complaint, I partially agree, in that I think currently archers have it too easy. It's better than the circling where nobody could do anything beyond follow the mob, but it's still not great that an archer can just find some awful spot and make life hell for cav trying to approach knowing that he has about 10 other archers backing him up. I would suggest readjusting the class limits to ensure there are less archers. (30%?)
I talked about these changes long before the system was implemented - I will definitely change the class limits. As infantries has a tendency to, in matches anyway, be able to (if the're good...) deal with up to roughly 4 cav alone on flag, a reasonable change is to allow for a tad bit more cav, set an actual limit to infantry (max say, a ratio of 5/8) and then let the cav and archers add to the full 100% on top of that, allowing some wiggleroom for the classes (such as 5 inf / 2 archer / 1 cav, to 4 cav / 2 archer / 2 inf, roughly). It's what I suggested then, and what I've planned to implement now.

I will change something about the flags, when I get home in two-three days.

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Apollo

• Kragen is newb
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
Maybe, you could make it on all maps. that the flag only spawns in one place rather than. One teams spawn and the other teams spawn and then the middle. Why not just have 1 flag in the middle? Or in a neutral part of the map.