Author Topic: Tannenberg  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Firunien

Tannenberg
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »
Tannenberg

The map is an old Castle currently infested by Renegade Knights, therefore partly a ruin and unused. I made it so that you have different approaches for each flag, where you can most of the time take risky options which pay off well. It is made for Battle, and i would like to see it played on IG, i think it got nice gameplay elements, as well as appealing optics.
Every feedback is appreciated.
It is a closed map.

Overview

Spoiler

Other Screenshots

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Download& Terrain Code

Code: [Select]
scn_multi_scene_Tannenberg multi_scene_Tannenberg 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000001300389800003a4ea000058340000637a0000399b
 outer_terrain_plain

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:57:36 PM by Firunien »

Offline Firunien

Re: Tannenberg
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »
Update  :
-moved team 2 spawn so the movements are better hidden at the start of round
-Passage & Ladder area redesigned for same reason as above
-fixed a glitch
-deleted buggy obstacle
-made a new overview screenshot and updated downloadlink

Would be nice if you would get our eyes on it :D

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
Checked it out just now. Things that needs to be fixed:
  • The room @ the bottom flag
There's like a little room slightly left at the bottom flag. There's a huge risk of camping inside it, so it can't be there on a public server.
  • The map's BIG
Like it says, the map's enourmous. Imagine a 10v10 here - there's enough room for a lifetime of places to be in, are you able to make it any smaller? It's not a requirement, just a thought for how it'll play out of there's not as many players on the server. Maps like San'di'boush, that is very small, usually ends up working better in the long run - or maps with more 'open space' - this one is big and with little open space, hence this thought.
  • The ruin below the ladder
You can get onto the top of it by jumping down the ladder - you can also get down on it by jumping on it from the opposite side. Is this intended? Otherwise it should be fixed![/list]

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Firunien

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »
    As always thanks a lot for the feedback

Checked it out just now. Things that needs to be fixed:
  • The room @ the bottom flag
There's like a little room slightly left at the bottom flag. There's a huge risk of camping inside it, so it can't be there on a public server.

I dont get what /which room do you mean ? :)

• The map's BIG
Like it says, the map's enourmous. Imagine a 10v10 here - there's enough room for a lifetime of places to be in, are you able to make it any smaller? It's not a requirement, just a thought for how it'll play out of there's not as many players on the server. Maps like San'di'boush, that is very small, usually ends up working better in the long run - or maps with more 'open space' - this one is big and with little open space, hence this thought.

Simply, no, maybe it looked like it because its new to your eye ? :D I played it in a scrim and was surprised how small it felt.

The idea of making a marketplace with alleys around it is already taken, i cant do a map which is as small as Sandi. Also i and every player i know dont like the circlerunning, and if there is only one way to go you can only circle, that is why i made a lot of connections where you can walk to escape sheeple.

This map is smaller then most other closed maps you have on the server, for example : Nord Town,MF,Verloren.

I see the problem you have, of course the map is kind of big if there are just a few people on the server, but the other way around i find it quite terrible to play sandi when server is populated well, its just a big mess. I had some servers as well and know how small maps populate a server by itself, but you need the big maps as well and as i told this one is really not as big as you say :)

• The ruin below the ladder
You can get onto the top of it by jumping down the ladder - you can also get down on it by jumping on it from the opposite side. Is this intended? Otherwise it should be fixed![/list]

ye intented, big fan of parcour !

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:45:37 AM by Firunien »

Offline Oliveran

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:11:11 AM »
Yeah, the map probably just felt big for me when I looked at it.

The room is that tower-room. Just circle with the camera around the outer wall, and you'll find it. It's at one of the flags :)

Please teach me how to block :c

Offline Firunien

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:28:26 AM »
All right, will call my carpenter to get a door in there :D

edit : done&updated downloadlink
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:32:17 AM by Firunien »

Offline Firunien

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 06:58:57 PM »
Update :
-Major changes at the bottom side of the castle :
   - Reduced by one way so its smaller
   - the area is more open and less stuffed with objects
   - added a mountain with pines as a barrier, and for the name pine = tanne, mountain = berg
   - built a ruin with a movable ladder to give some nice options
- Removed the door which you wanted oliveran, sorry but this spot is really nice and the only of its kind on this map
   - its similar to the towerr at ravens nest because its a dead end, it is not breaking the game on public server
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:24:35 PM by Firunien »

Offline Firunien

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:50:06 AM »
This is updated again :

- middle flag moved
- ladders fixed so they dont obstruct cav
- fence added at water area
- Oli´s door is in again