Author Topic: Serial Key  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Le_Roux

• External Admin
  • Na Mi Chaah
  • Class: Ranger
Serial Key
« on: September 13, 2015, 10:15:01 PM »
Today when joining IG BG a window popped up asking for my serial key.
Being the nice guy I am, I just entered it without really thinking about it.

In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have, a serial key obviously is unique and not something you should just give out.
So here I am, wondering if this is a security measure you guys installed on IG BG.

If that is the case, I have no problem with it, if it isn't it might be something you should check out, or it could be the weirdest bug in the game.
If it isn't though, please let me know so I can switch to my other key and delete my IDs from all tournaments and enter my other ID.

Thank you in advance,
LeRoux
we r   migghter worio---fighterrs of ''istnar''' and r fgighting evvill and creul rodoc and swadiaaans   llool xXDDDD heha

Offline Triari

• External Admin
Re: Serial Key
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:29:19 PM »
During my 5 years of playing Warband I got this twice actually. I had to enter the key once after I reinstalled the whole game and the second time was more or less random. I'm very sure this is something Taleworlds is doing and your key is sent to Taleworlds aswell. We did not install any security stuff to our server or are related to this in any way.
It's a safe thing though so don't worry  :)

Offline Piccolo

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 11:13:01 PM »
I had the same today... And other people I know had the same... Every server I tried asked me the same. Tho it wasnt Battleground, its TW.
  • IG_Esq_Piccolo
  • Piccolo Piccolo

Offline Le_Roux

• External Admin
  • Na Mi Chaah
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:25 PM »
Alright! Thanks for the information, I was a bit concerned some shady men stole my serial or something like that.

Maybe TW is shady... Who knows?  O_o

Thanks again for the help, xoxoxoxo
we r   migghter worio---fighterrs of ''istnar''' and r fgighting evvill and creul rodoc and swadiaaans   llool xXDDDD heha

Offline Turambar

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
i had the same issue too yesterday.... :bag:

Offline Dasvi

• Class: None
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »
Pretty sure that TW purged some keys from existence, to calm down on the fiesta that was the free weekend. Hence everyone having to re-enter their keys

Source? One of my keys was purged.