Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 1194 times)

Offline chanceless

• Class: None
R.I.P.
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »
[...]War of the Roses will see no further development[...]
Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?803910-Statement-regarding-the-War-franchise

It was nice with all of you guys. I had a lot of fun, and never had problems with IG. Anyways, I will keep playing WotR, until the end :)

- chanceless

Offline Greedy Sheedy

• Class: Infantry
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »
Technically it doesn't mention anything about further development of other games, it doesn't specifically state that future games could not be made. But I thought regarding the current two it was pretty obvious there was no financial incentive for them to continue, I have said that all along.

The one thing I would say is that it is disappointing to leave WotR in the state it is in lag wise, without any attempt at trying to address the cause of it. I'd also add that WotR had a really, really great core to it that if they developed it properly, polished bits, added EAC earlier and maybe tried to address the F2P issues, the game could have been a huge success, too late now of course.

Offline Brother Loken

• Forum Moderator
  • Consultant
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »
Dire news indeed.  :'( We Roses and Vikings players have had to put up with a lot from Paradox and this was expected. Nevertheless these two games are still my favourite games and I will continue to play them.
I heard word
Of bellied sailcloth,
Creak of oars,
And gold in Eastland.
Then I smelled
A smell remembered:
Salt of spray
And black-pitched boat's keel.
― Frans G. Bengtsson, The Long Ships

Offline Osares

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 01:17:56 PM »
Been expecting this for a long time, annoying that it took so long for them to realise. Hope to see you in Bannerlord Chanceless :)
According to Aeronwen: Basics for life... Air, Water , Excel

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 01:28:19 PM »
the sale has brought lots of new players into teh game though

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Madvillain

• It's been a great ride.
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 05:55:38 PM »
 :(

Offline [IG] Predator

• Joker with a bow
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »

Yes it did, I was actually surprised with the servers available because I forgot about the sale. 8 new servers :)

The problem though: The War Franchise should have put more work into bugfixes and more content (i.e. new armor with same stats! New weapons like the Rune sword)
And above all, they never really made an attempt to sell this game bigtime. They only really tried in Early acces when the game had lots of stuff to be fixxed. If they would fix the game and go into sale they will make a hell of a lot more money, I can bet on that.

Lets say right now non-sale 1/10 people that search for Wotv buys the standard edition. Fix the bugs, announce that on steam (try to get it on the main screen of steam?!) together with new content (preorder and get 33% off the new DLC and 50% off the available content) and if 3/10 people buy it then they already made more profit than with non-sale...

''There is no way for profit'' Yes indeed! these guys expect to sell a game they kind of messed up in a way without putting effort into it. sounds like kicktstarter to me and not like a published game. These days game dev. teams first want to cash in before they publish. Where I am from you first have to proof you actually are able to take care of things and let people see that you can achieve goals. These guys want, so to speak in mmo terms... The quest reward, before they even completed their quest (And the Quest is to fix this game and let it rise again)

It is not that this game did not live up to their expectation, they did not live up to the development of this game. Nevertheless, I will continue playing this game.
Hoppi stop shooting me

Offline Henry of Grosmont

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »
Quite a bunch, I'd say  :thumbup:
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.