Author Topic: Donate for our servers!  (Read 37085 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
Re: Donate for our servers!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 11:07:03 AM »
Scratch that.

+1/8 :D
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »
Another 1/2.  ;)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 11:22:23 AM »
Yay!

Thanks guys! Total of 55$ and that only for today. You can still donate for next month, but the payment for this month is covered.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:24:48 AM by SCGavin »
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »
Server needs to be paid again!

This time we need 60$!

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
1/4.

Offline Carl

• Class: None
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 05:57:28 PM »
Hopefully it worked this paypal thing. To me its as mysterious as the pm-system on this forum.

Offline Swii

• There is no real life, only afk
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
Donated 20 Dollar for 3 days ago I think

Offline David

• Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
need to get another job first, but then on you can expect donations from me

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
Gavin , you are getting rich , eh  ^-^?

Spoiler
Joking  :-* :P

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
Thanks for all the donations in the last couple of days! I think the donations for this month broke the record of donated money per month (with $95 donated).

The donations really carry the bulk of the payment for the servers, so a great thanks to all those who donated:

Expenses: 500,00
Donations received: 467,00

The next payment ($40,75) will be due on the 27th of February.

It is however noticeable, that a few donors donate often and much, while others never donated. We had 19 donations from clan-members and two from non-members. Considering how many members we have, 19 donors is certainly not a bad number, but neither is it the number of donors we should have.

Of the 21 donors, 17 donated more then $10 each, sometimes even $50, $60 or $70 each. That means, the expenses are paid through donations of a few, who donated regularly, while others never donate.
I understand, if some of you cannot donate due to problems with bank accounts or Paypal, but if you are able to donate, even donating small amounts would mean that others do not have to donate as much.

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 12:11:01 AM »
Today i was actually thinking about sponsors and it slipped my mind, but now i remembered again. I know that warband isnt really a big gaming market, but seeing as we are now in the top ranks of EU clans, we should consider looking for some opportunities of sponsors. I dont know if the server provider will do anything, but i was thinking more of other companies that may eighter pay the server or offer us something else in exchange for advertising etc.

Just a thought to ponder on. Its always better to have that extra something. Not to mention the IG server gets lots of traffic

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
Today i was actually thinking about sponsors and it slipped my mind, but now i remembered again. I know that warband isnt really a big gaming market, but seeing as we are now in the top ranks of EU clans, we should consider looking for some opportunities of sponsors. I dont know if the server provider will do anything, but i was thinking more of other companies that may eighter pay the server or offer us something else in exchange for advertising etc.

Just a thought to ponder on. Its always better to have that extra something. Not to mention the IG server gets lots of traffic

Ah sponsors, when I still regularly played soccer, teams of my club would have sponsors (local bakeries etc). These sponsors would usually pay for shirts, balls, soccerbags, etc etc and in the end didn't really have anything to do with what players would play in games or anything like that, which was good.

Thing is, like the local bakery would want their name on our shirts, a sponsor for warband would like want their name and/or logo on our banners... which would likely kinda suck. However if they'd only want their name in our server name (for example IG_Starbucks_Battlegrounds) or some advertisements on our website, I wouldn't mind it so much. Def not if they'd pick up the tab for our servers.

Offline Alexander

• Banned
  • "Because you're worth it."
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »
I thought these guys were already our sponsors. =P

Offline Meister Eder

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • Herrschaftszeitn!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
Some advertising on our website might work better than sponsoring.