Author Topic: I'm a suspect  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Isegrim

• Class: Infantry
I'm a suspect
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »
Hi all

I was told that "people" consider me an exploiter. Well, there is not much to say, despite the fact that it's simply not true, expect against other exploiters. But there is something to ask; Is there someone in IG who's sharing this opinion, and if so; founded on which impressions?

Phallusim

Offline Greedy Sheedy

Re: I'm a suspect
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
Hey Phallusim,

I was thinking of not responding to this post but my in-game 'conscience' got the better of me, hehe. This is nothing personal as I think you seem like a nice chap and still a skilled player, but I may as well give my 5 cents.

I was once 'offline' on Steam under a different name, just playing as a default archer, all I was doing was blocking. I came across you and you couldn't get past my block and subsequently turned your back and tried to hit me with the backswing. This happened on numerous occasions that night. Therefor I would be inclined to say that you probably do exploit a bit. I see you spend time on duel servers so I guess it is a habit from there, as that style of play is the norm on those servers, with everyone too proud to fight properly and honourably because they just can't bare to lose.

If I am being completely honest I don't personally like it and it goes against what I try to stand for in game, being fair to others and playing it how it was intended, having said that I am pretty sure IG don't consider it 'exploiting', so I guess it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Like I said, don't take it personally because you seem like a nice chap and I only answered your question :) .

Greedy

Offline Isegrim

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:44:51 PM »
Hey Greedy,

ty for replying. I do try to go around parry and aim for the back of players and I do spinning for distraction. So maybe I hit you on accident trough the parry sometimes? And "very back in the day" as I got in touch with exploits on me, someone was explaing it to me, I just tried it sometimes as I wasn't aware of the status it has and as I was curious how to manage to do it. Do you know about when this was, when you played as a default archer? I just can tell you, that I never exploited innocent players (non-exploiters) since lvl 45, something around that.

Phallusim

Offline Henry of Grosmont

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:55:26 PM »
Phallusim, I assume the OP is aimed at me? Because on several occasions (given that I'm playing roses daily) I pointed out that the Roses branch of IG is a fair play companionship. Most and foremost, IG has a reputation that we all here are to uphold.
I honestly like you but I do feel that some things need to be said. Before I proceed, I just want to tell you that you have a great set of skills and everything that I will list is a crutch that you don't need and is considered as a foul play by honest players:
- Using Galo axe and exploiting around the block. As Greedy wrote, it might be ok on a duel server and it might be normal with many other players but it isn't in IG Roses.
- Galo cavalry is a "no-no" under any circumstances.
- Pulling a dagger when your other weapons are intact is deemed to be unfair too (and you did it against me).
- Backswings is an exploit as well.
*I would like to note that it isn't only my experience while playing with/against you.
I do understand that you might be unfamiliar with the Roses community coming from the Viking branch and being competitive can get the best of you. That said, I can't stress enough that IG's reputation in Roses is that of a honorable conduct and gameplay.

I hope that my post doesn't look like an attack on you or anything of the sort. Cheers

Edit. Ok, after being contacted by clan's Leadership and reminded that things I listed aren't in the clan's Charter I want to clarify two things:
a) In no way I implied that Vikings branch behaves any different from other IG branches. I know many people there and all are exceptional guys and gals. I thought it was obvious that I was talking about not being familiar with the general Roses community as much as IG Roses players are. That's it.
b) I was not talking about clan's Charter, I was talking about guidelines within Roses community overall. And IG members are known and praised for their fair play (esp. playing within those guidelines).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:43:06 AM by Henry of Grosmont »
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Offline Isegrim

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 12:32:12 AM »
Nono, it wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at nobody, since I got like a hint from someone else that there could be other IG's thinking the same. And I really was cought by surprise that it seems like so. :(

I'm guilty of using dagger, gallo/cav and pitchfork and such things. I like them as well, but also like the challenge of the harder weapons to master. But I really only exploit if I face exploiters (as I got to know exploits exist, and what it's all about, I tried them as well, but that was, considering my playtime, a "long" time ago). Everything else is not intentional and may be also a missinterpretation. When I stand in an exploit looking angle it often may be due to the fact, that the weapon, if you stand sideways to someone, hits the target earlier as when you swing in with your enemy facing you eye to eye. That may also look like an exploit. But you have to do the pirouette motion to be able to exploit. I may show you what i mean when we meet again in-game? I do the same in wotv and there isn't the possiblity of exploit. I may have to change my whole combat style if my currect is making it look like I try to abuse the weaknesses of the game. Anyways I really try to play according to what is right.

And I don't take it as an attack. I'm just surprised that I left such an impression.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 12:39:27 AM »
Mate, I know that you're trying to play (and mostly do) fair. You don't need to explain it to me, you can be a terror in the battle and I've seen what you can do with KH poleaxe and Swiss Halberd :)
I just thought that you might not know (being from a different branch) that these guidelines exist. And that IG is known for upholding those. Nothing more.

P.S. I edited my previous post in an attempt to make myself clearer.

Offline Thunder

• It's a very happy day ! We'll have some fun, fun
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »
The most I can tell is that you're doing the same in viking :p.
Spinning + Using weakness of the game. But you do it occosionally, I bet when you're raging and that you want everybody down !
A part of that you're a great player and funny to play with. You just have to understand that roses community is really againts any type of exploiting as long as we're waiting for a patch since 8 months, we've only had the EAC about 2 month now and using galloglass axe is making a very bad impression because it's far too OP.
"We are not a local band
We are from outer space
We don't even give a damn
We will probably smash your face"
Dead milkmen- Milkmen stomp

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:48:53 AM »
And to clarify it even more, same goes for Headsman's axe and pitchfork + medium armor .

Offline Greedy Sheedy

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
Hey Phallusim,

Yeah it was about level 45 or something similar and I have not really been on much since (if at all) so I can't comment any further :)
Like I said it doesn't bother me too much now and I know you probably have changed since then in regards to your style, so no worries man. Just don't take it out on me if you see me on Vikings as you are probably the best player I have seen on that game (and me possibly the worst, lol).

Greedy

Offline Daanonymous

• I even enjoy the holes in the cheese
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »
(and me possibly the worst, lol).

Indeed   :rasp: