Author Topic: GTA V for PC in Autumn 2014  (Read 1607 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline ReneKB

• Forum Moderator
  • Consultant
  • Class: Cavalry
Re: GTA V for PC in Autumn 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:04 PM »
Hell yeah!

Offline Marek

• Forum Moderator
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:15:11 PM »
Finally  :thumbup:

Offline Greedy Sheedy

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 01:32:53 PM »
Game was a disappointment on console but I am hoping the modding community on PC can turn it around!

Offline nedsat

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »
Game was a disappointment on console but I am hoping the modding community on PC can turn it around!

How so/why?

I only played it a bit and that felt rather good.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline Greedy Sheedy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:08:13 PM »
Well the map was absolutely stunning, so I will get that out of the way first. I also thought the single player was ok, with the introduction of playing as 3 characters giving it something unique. But apart from that it was lifeless and empty. I don't understand why they went to that much trouble making such an amazing open world when there is really not much to do in it.

• It sounds fairly trivial but there were hardly any 'enter-able' (even GTA 4 had more) buildings to explore or play around in with your friends, not many quirky things to occupy your time with like San Andreas. I have never understood why they take content off. I believe in that aspect San Andreas had more stuff on it yet it was GTA 5 had much more resources at it's disposal, financially and performance wise.
  • The multiplayer modes were pretty horrendous and very monotonous which made it get boring very quickly.
  • Music, which is a huge part of GTA, was pretty limited and it felt like you'd hear the same track on the loop 5 minutes after you just heard it, meaning that got boring extremely quickly as well.
  • Police. Man, they are awful. They just appear on the same road when you thought you have escaped them and have an unattainable speed. I modified one of the quickest motorbikes (if not the quickest on the game) fully and was going at top speed and remember when a policeman shot up behind me like a concord and smashed me off. I was stunned because the difference in speed was laughable, almost like I was in a parked car and he was going at full speed, the disparity was that large.

It sounds like I am clutching at straws a bit reading back what I have put, but I would probably raise more points if I could remember. However I put the game down quite a long time ago because it was just so boring, there is really only so much driving around you can do with your friends. I would like to point out that it isn't a bad game, I would still give it a very high rating. But for GTA's and Rockstar's standards I expected more. It felt like they overlooked lots of the small things which is very unlike their productions, they almost became a standard bearer for games and gamers in that they were the ones constantly pushing the boundaries, paying attention to detail and to customer satisfaction. With that the money flowed and it was great for everyone, but now for the first time it isn't like that.

Take for example the god-awful problems encountered by millions during the first month of the release of GTA Online. They were well aware that millions and millions would want to play, in my opinion they should have been prepared. They didn't provide enough servers because they didn't want to spend the money and knew that player numbers would dip over time in order for there insufficient infrastructure to become sufficient. They made over 1 billion, surely they could have made that initial experience easier, but it just stinks of money grabbing and lack of effort.

Talking of lack of effort, my online friend saves up something like 400k and buys house, expecting it to be the best on there. I rock up with 250k and buy a house in slightly different location......turns out they are exactly the same. Later on we find out that every house over a certain price is all exactly the same. I think that is un-GTA like. In the past you'd expect them to design a few new interiors just to add some variety to the game, I mean what is the point in having 10-20 different things on offer if actually they are all the bloody same!

My main gripes are with online as you can see, because that is where I really thought these games excelled. Although I have issues with it, like I said before it is a good game relative to most other games, but it falls short of Rockstar's standards. I mean all the reviews gave it a 10 which is frankly ludicrous, I would have given it a 7 or 8 maybe.

Maybe when/if you play it you will understand some of my points more and revisit this thread :P

Offline nedsat

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 04:06:02 PM »
Okay, sounds reasonable.

I don't care much for multiplayer in GTA though. Never stroke me as a game that was meant for much more than singleplayer. But I guess they'll just never reach the same heights as with Vice City and maybe San Andreas.
  • IG_Alderduke_nedsat
  • nedsat nedsat

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:15 AM »
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 05:41:58 AM »
It has finally been released! Who is playing? What are your names on Rockstar's Social Club? Mine is SCGavin.

I also made a crew, which is not officially associated with the Guard of Istiniar (I did use "IG" in it, because there already was a "Goatriders" and the tag required four characters): http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/ig_goatriders. Join up so we can play together!

Offline Yans

• Teammates will be friends.
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »
1.5 hours of downloading and i will join!  ;)

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 12:22:46 AM »
It's quite fun especially when you meet people with style

Spoiler

Offline Niara

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 03:47:23 PM »
If I get it right, what it brings as new compared to previous GTAs, it's the possibility to play multiplayer games in a party of 3?
Or in other words, is it worth if I don't count too much on playing multiplayer?
I must add that I didn't like too much the previous GTAs. Not my type of game.

PS: will we ever get a release date on Bannelords?
Will I challenge him?
God, no! I will send an arrow through his back.

Offline Ivarr

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
Count me in!
  • Ivarr Ivarr