Author Topic: Any good Rome II mods?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
Any good Rome II mods?
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:25:07 AM »
I'm considering starting up Rome II again after I was somewhat disappointed when it originally came out. I hope they fixed a number of issues now, but most of all I hope some mods made the game better.

Are there any good mods that you would recommend?
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Kekn

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • The only free thing is the cheese in a mousetrap
Re: Any good Rome II mods?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
This is the only game in the series I don't own. Let me know if it has improved on it's buggy launch.

Offline MKNine

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:50:45 PM »
It has improved a lot in terms of performance and stability. The AI seems to be on par with other TW games (i.e quite bad but at least it's not as non-existant as it was on release). I tried playing through a campain recently but sadly I abandoned it after 50 turns or so.

I really disliked the entire interface of the game along with the building chains and agents. Every thing felt streamlined and devoid of character to me, unlike Shogun 2 which had great artistic design IMO.

I'm waiting for Europa Barbarorum 2 which is based on Medieval II and will be out this August as far as I know.

Offline Wezyk

• Pink Witcher
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »
I'm waiting for Europa Barbarorum 2 which is based on Medieval II and will be out this August as far as I know.
Hyped!

Zero poczucie humoru... Zupełnie jak w IG...

Offline Toshiro Mifune

• EX - 0laf
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
try the divide et impera mod and submods for real ancient looks and very long battles. but yeah it's still a bad game if you consider that you paid around 60 euros with dlc so one year after they are "still trying to fix it", i feel sorry i didn't invest that money on indie companies.
“What I am trying to do when I use symbols is to awaken in your unconscious some reaction. I am very conscious of what I am using because symbols can be very dangerous. When we use normal language we can defend ourselves because our society is a linguistic society, a semantic society. But when you start to speak, not with words, but only with images, the people cannot defend themselves.”
― Alejandro Jodorowsky