Author Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops  (Read 4192 times)

Offline Urgnot

• I'll be your huckleberry.
  • Class: Infantry
Re: Call of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
Been playing Black Ops for a while, I must say, it is a lot of fun that I didn't expect to be having. They've definetly improved on MW2, a game I didn't even buy because it looked so terrible, but played a bit when my mate let me use his steam.
  • 51st_Sgt_Urgnot
  • Urgnot Urgnot

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 12:11:12 AM »
They've definetly improved on MW2, a game I didn't even buy because it looked so terrible, but played a bit when my mate let me use his steam.

Judging from a position that's as neutral as I can keep it, MW2 was far superior to BO. Not in terms of story (both are just batsh*t crazy) or gameplay (both can't survive without at least one explosion per 10 seconds), nor indeed in graphics (still using their old engine) - what makes the difference is the technical aspect. Treyarch did not seem to have payed any attention to the PC version, thus the serverfilter is messy, lag is a horrible issue for many players and things such as hitboxes are frustrating people all around the internetz. In contrast to what you have said, most people seem to agree MW2 just is the better game and thus Infinity Ward is the better developer.
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Urgnot

• I'll be your huckleberry.
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 01:12:01 AM »
No doubt IW is a better developer, but they completely screwed MW2 up. They should've left the MW series story at COD4, it was the perfect ending. It's the way I like to think it ended. But IW xboxed the pc version, restricting A LOT. Which severely pissed me off. Plus, I would say I'm enjoying BO more. I keep hearing people have lag, but I have none existant, and hit boxes? Haven't had a problem so far. It's just them damn remote cars that are annoying, but you get better at aiming for them after all.
  • 51st_Sgt_Urgnot
  • Urgnot Urgnot

Offline Claire

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 10:45:31 AM »
Not planning on getting it - but if anyone has Bad Company 2 we could play some now & then!
  • Claire
  • Chii Chii