Author Topic: Europe 1200: Warband.  (Read 11094 times)

Offline Cruger

Europe 1200: Warband.
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:02:59 PM »
Didn't really know if this fit in here. Just wanted to let you guys know the first public singleplayer beta release for Warband is out.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142774.0.html

Btw, Illu, if you read this: You were right about the hotfix thing :P It's like a dissease.

Our main features:
-Most detailed map that you have probably evern seen of medieval Europe. A medium faction has ~55 settlements.
-Never seen before tournament system. Become and noble, join a team, and fight hard fights for money and renown against teams of other nobles.
-Big, one-time quests, based on historical events.
-4 (in some cases 3) unique troop trees for each faction to represent all social layers in the medieval world.
-Optimized performance to make the mod run smooth (we don't guarantee anything, but not a single tester have reported lag to be an issue though).
-Biggest map in M&B history.
-Fully functional naval travel and warfare, go anywhere by sea. Lords, bandits, caravans, everyone uses it. It can be advantegous since you travel 80% faster on water.
-Orders as factions, fight along Aviz, Calatrava, Saint George, or Santiago.
-Tons of new items, mainly armors.
-Unique, and historical accurate banner for each lord (WIP).
-Never seen before, optional, manpower system.
-Campain balance on a whole new level, with newly introduced warparties. A faction doesn't have to be weak just because we couldn't find many lords for them.
-Correct family relations for everyone, and historical liking/dislikings for the lords (WIP). The Native family system has also been extended a bit.

Current factions:
-Kingdom of Aragon
-Kingdom of Castille
-Kingdom of Leon
-County of Toulouse
-Almohad Caliphate
-Emirate of Banu Ghaniya
-Kingdom of Navarre
-Kingdom of France
-Kingdom of England
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:36:35 PM by Cruger »
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline M

• Class: None
Re: Europe 1200: Warband.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »
Cool, will give it a try.

Offline Illuminati

• Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 07:17:42 AM »
By the way, I love how you said "PLEASE READ THE FEW LINES BELOW, IT'S NOT THE USUAL CRAP.:))
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142774.0.html

Hehe... we all know most people don't read ;) Anyway... damn! I can't wait to play it when the next patch comes out (yes, you know me... a turtle, I'll complete the whole thing and post any bugs that I'll unlikely find :P). Great work Cruger and team! And congrats on the release :-* I know it'll be the best mod out there.... been playing yours since M&B1 ;)
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. -Epicurus

Offline Cruger

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »
Just wanted to say that the first patch (0.11) is a few days away, will probably be released this sunday. It has following included:

-Customize the AI calculation, choose between 4 diffrent levels of perfomance vs AI (very light, light, balanced, heavy). Very usefull if you have a weak PC.
-Each Knight and Banneret (regular troops) will have their own coat of arms.
-Added Portugal, Scotland, Wales, Mann, the Isles.
-Navarre finished.
-England and Norway expanded.
-Many minor changes and bugfixes.

Thanks for the praise Illu :)
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline Demonhun

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
K leave a msg here when you update it please. Ill start playing it when the patch hits ;)

Offline Cruger

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Patch released (:
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
K thanks mate. I clicked on the mod db thing download redirection i hope its the correct version.

Edit I downloaded good 1 and HOLY CRAP HUGE MAP 0O
Add Malta in it ;O racist. It was under aragonese rule if im not mistaken

Another edit. Do a bridge that crosses across the river of london cuz its a long way to go around
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:58:53 PM by Demonhun »

Offline Cruger

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
K thanks mate. I clicked on the mod db thing download redirection i hope its the correct version.

Edit I downloaded good 1 and HOLY CRAP HUGE MAP 0O
Add Malta in it ;O racist. It was under aragonese rule if im not mistaken

Remember we have over research from many historians and have used months on Iberia alone. Malta wasn't under Aragonese control at this time ;)

Another edit. Do a bridge that crosses across the river of london cuz its a long way to go around

Will do for the next patch.
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline Demonhun

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
I will check on malta then. If it wasnt under aragonese rule, it was under the byzantines or the arabs i will see.

Edit

I already found an answer on wiki how bad of me to forget the normans ;p
The kingdom passed on to the House of Hohenstaufen from 1194 until 1266. Malta was part of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation for 72 years. Malta was declared a county and a marquisate, but its trade was totally ruined. For a long time it remained solely a fortified garrison.[46] It was in 1224 under Frederick II that all remaining Muslims were expelled from Malta or forced to convert and the entire Christian male population of Celano in Abruzzo was deported to Malta.

It was under the rule of Sicily and the Normans, taken in 1091. I need to brush up on my history ive forgotten some parts of the dark ages. :P It was only until 1275 that malta passed under aragonese rule. So thats 75 years after the mod. Technically all you need to do in malta is do a castle called Medina, since that was the main fortification of that time. By the time the knights came to malta though it was obsolete in the 1500's and was very vunerable to modern tactics.

Is there any way of mabye porting the map to be used in a league or something, where clans can fight over europe? Just like strategus, but the mod will be used instead (and no stupid character customazations which make everyone overpowered). I think it would be the greatest achievment ever in mount and blade because both strategus nor the native campaign will resemble anything like it + im sure that most of the players would like to 'relive' the fights of the middle ages :)

If this is possible I would like to help in any way possible.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:54:49 PM by Demonhun »

Offline Cruger

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
As we talked on TS: Maybe when the singleplayer beta is done.

Anyways, we are currently looking for some people to help us make scenes. Using the same Native scenes over and over for God knows how many settlements get pretty repeative. If anyone could be interested in helping us out, let me know!
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline Lua

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
Well, I think I could help you with that, not a "pro-scener", but I have some experience with it.

Offline Cruger

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »
Well, having the notorious Lope de Rojas helping us with scenes is certainly not something I would say no to :) You are still around on Taleworlds right? Would be preferable to communitcate there in that case.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:01:54 PM by Cruger »
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline Lua

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »
 :)

Ok, I'm in TW, as always, so you can send  there whatever you need.

Offline Cruger

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
Released a new version yesterday :)

Changelog
Major:
-Added Republic of Genoa.
-Added Republic of Pisa.
-Added Kingdom of Sweden.
-Added Holy Roman Empire.
-Added MadVaders deathcam.
-Added 5 new quest (The Throne of Connacht, Absalons Tax, Peasant Rebel, Recruitment, Village Exile, check the quest suggestion thread for more).
-Improved the big quest Aragon's Saint (can be taken by King Pere of Aragon).
-Picture for army encounters were the army is Gaelic (Thansk for Mykami).
-New unique armors for Iberian nobles/sergeants.

Minor:
-Increased density of bandits.
-Historical accurate banners for Leonese, French, Portuguese, Scottish and Welsh lords.
-Total rework of all banners for Denmark and the Orders.
-New armors for the sergeant troop trees (if the faction is feudal).
-Family relations for Portugal, Wales and Scotland.
-You can now see what your relationship is with a certian lord when joining a battle (enemy, neutral or ally). This is so you don't accidently join the wrong side.
-Lords without an unique banner, now change banner when joining a new faction due to manpower.
-Added some minor features from Diplomacy.
-Added some new settlements in Denmark.
-Added new mercenaries.
-You can now change the player factions color by talking to your minister.
-Several other.

Fixed:
-Sergeant and Noble troop trees wouldn't adjust to the faction owning the settlement.
-Scottish towns had no merchants, tavernkeepers whatsoever.
-Many armors had a wrong shader.
-Mounted Crossbowmen weren't mounted.
-AI would never assign newly conquered settlements to a new lord.
-Some lords could be prisoners of their own faction.
-Several other bugfixes.
  • Cruger Cruger

Offline Crayon

• Von Caesar
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
Excellent!
  • IG_Baron_CrayonVonCaesar
  • Crayon Crayon