Author Topic: What is the BEST game you have ever played?  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Kalient

• Class: Cavalry
What is the BEST game you have ever played?
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
The title says it all, what is the best game you personally have ever played. Now I realise its fairly difficult to label the no. 1 best game, so do it by genre if you want.

Overrall, the best game I have ever played, taking into account all aspects of the game, as well as just the general "awesome-o" factor, I have to choose Planetside. If you've never heard of it, read this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/05/planetside-the-1/

If by any chance anyone has played it... I demand you say so! We must recount the grand old times... And also you should know SoE is finally working on a sequel.

Offline Lord Willy

• Class: Infantry
Re: What is the BEST game you have ever played?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
Best Games I most Enjoyed are : Rome Total War , Operation Flash point cold War crisis , and of Course Mount and Blade Warband :D

Offline Beardface

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
Fallout 3, Final fantasy 7 ( back in the day that is )

Offline Brego

• God wills it!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
Warband, Batman: Arkham Asylum, counter-strike 1.6.

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
Woah. Tough one! Depends on how you define a good game. Is it one that grips you and holds you for ages or one that makes you feel like you've had loads of fun. Most captivating game I've ever played is probably World of Warcraft. I played it for 1 months about 6-10 hours daily, and then I just quit and never looked back, cos I realized it became an addiction. :D Most fun games were probably the wrestling games I played on N64 with my friends when I was 8-10-years-old. One of the most deepest games I've played is Knights of the Old Republic 2, which really messed with my mind and made me think about my life values, which probably sounds funny, and I think it's one of the rarer effects a game can have one a person, but a really deep one. Mount&Blade is one of the most diverse games I've played. The vibrant modding community and the simplicity of the game is what makes it so cool. I can't imagine mods like Persistent World or cRPG being created for any other game.
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline M

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
No way on earth I can pick a single favourite game but some faves:

platformer: Fire and Ice: The Daring Adventures Of Cool Coyote, Sonic 3 and Knuckles
adventure: Monkey Island 2
shooter: Half life 2
RPG: kind of pretty much hate RPGs now but I used to really love Suikoden 2

Apparently I like the games with "2" in the title a lot.

Offline Kalient

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »
Zomg... after quite a long period of searching I've just found a Planetside copy in beta(I think)... If I manage to get it up and running, then... I fear massive headsplosions.

Only... It's in Chinese http://www.4591.com/ *Laughs at the irony, seeing as the most hated players in Planetside were the Chinese, due to their massive ping and non-english-chat.

/end off topic nao

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »
Game I spent most time on playing: Guild Wars
Game I spent most time on running around enjoying the landscape: Fully modded Oblivion (Awesome community work)
Most immersive game: Gothic I & II
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline torecito

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 01:10:07 AM »
Age of Empires 2 for having such good online community and living for many years even after microsoft stopped their support. Also for being such an awesome and diverse multiplayer game. (some biased nostalgy here, but still) Plus I like medieval era.

And Warband... Man, I already loved MnB 1 so much.. The way you fought really amazed me beyond words. And to be able to ride with your glorious army to a great battle.. And the realisticity too. No magic, no trolls, no gnomes, no wizards and elves and other gay stuff. Just men that kneel before the steel. Get one on your gut and you are toast.
The only thing that I dreamed of in my wildest dreams was multiplayer, and we got that with Warband. Need I say more?

• IG_Earl_Torecito
  • toree toree

Offline Meister Eder

• Forum Administrator
  • Vice President
  • Herrschaftszeitn!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 01:56:17 AM »
Hm ... Mafia 1, Deus Ex 1, Knights of the old Republic 1, Morrowind, Max Payne 1&2, Splinter Cell 2, Rome TW, PES 6, and what torecito said about Warband.
One of those would be the best game I ever played. Hard to decide which, but if I had to, I think it would be Deus Ex. There were just so many ways you could play, so many things to discover, and still, after several years, I'm thinking about the story sometimes and I still can remember many missions and cutscenes etc.

Offline Kovas

• Migla, Migla, Rasa, Rasa
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 08:46:54 AM »
FF7, fuuuuuuuuu.

The best game I've ever played is Final Fantasy 8. I still listen its songs in youtube :D
  • IG_Ctz_Kovas
  • Kovas Kovas

Offline Valdarr

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »
FF7, fuuuuuuuuu.

The best game I've ever played is Final Fantasy 8. I still listen its songs in youtube :D

Dont talk nonsens, everybody knows that FF9 was the best game!

And i have to agree with Sophie, Gothic2 was unbelievable, so sad that all the crap afterwards doesnt deserve the title "gothic" in the least. Risen was fun to play a bit but nowhere near Gothic2!
Morrowind was a great game too, i think it was even better than Oblivion in my Opinion.

But the Game i played the most would be CS1.6. You cant compare its greatness to other big titles, but it is just something i never really get tired of, because it is never the same as it was before, always a new challange.

Something great i found new is Civ5, try it out, you will like it, i promise =D

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »
hmm replayability is usually most important to what games I like a lot.

Back in da day I spend a lot of hours playing Shogun TW, Knights of the Old Republic 1 (2 was ok, but never as great as 1), NeverWinter Nights 1&2, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Oblivion.

I also liked Dragon Age Origins and hope the second one will be even better. Gothic 3 was ok, Risen a bit better; I mainly like these games for the openess. And no, i didn't play gothic 1 or 2 and I'm not going to, becausemyeyesaretoospoiledwiththegraphicsoftoday. I hope Arcania will be good.

I probably forgot some games, but oh well..

Offline Valdarr

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »
Arcania got 40% from testers that normally do a great job =D

I downloaded the demo and i played it like 10 minutes before it shut it down and never looked at it again. It was just so horrible, it was laughable, the fighting was screwed up, the charakters were stupid and the conversations written from someone not even out of kindergarden. Only the world looked great, but thats just not enough.

You should really try out Gothic2+Addon sometimes, even if the graphics are crap now, it was a really great game!

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »
My hopes for Arcania
 /
/
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|