Author Topic: Istiniar Art  (Read 31856 times)

Offline Lua

• Class: Infantry
Re: Istiniar Art
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 02:54:38 AM »
Thank you Fiddler and Gavin  :).

About your sketch, I'm not the best one to say anything, as I don't like to draw faces (only if it's compulsory), the nose is ok, but it doesn't fit the perspective (seems to be viewed from the front, uhmm, don't know if I'm explained myself correctly). If it's your first attempt, it looks nice, really. Now draw faces, faces everywhere (that's what I'm going to do, by the way...) so you get used to draw them!

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 07:04:18 AM »
Wow Great job Guys! :D  Especially Lua's one , very impressive ;)

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 07:51:12 AM »
A sketch I just did this night... I couldn't sleep so I had to do something... luckily you can't see the words in other face of the sheet (class notes).

Spoiler
Very cool!! I'm digging the font in the shield. :D Not to mention the leg armour and the way the cape is all pointy! Very nice. The head armour could be a bit rounder in shape for my taste. The sword could also be more threatening... Maybe larger or in a different shape or something, dunno.
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »
Nice sketches Lua and Fid!

Lua, I think you got the proportions/scaling exactly right, for a lot of people (me, because I like to draw from the inside-out instead of the outside-in:P) this is very hard to do! Fid, I always like to start with the nose when drawing a face, look at pictures and photographs and see where the 'darks' are (usually light-dependent, but some places are almost always dark) and draw them first ;) You can even start by copying an existing picture, just to get the important lines in your head ;) Very nice sketch!

Offline Lugh

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »
This is hopefully going to form part of the 'story' I'm building around the character Lugh.

Lugh's livery. 

The shield design with the band of colour at the top (Chief) signifies authority, granted for prudence and wisdom or successful command in war.
The earthy colours of green and yellow represent hope and generosity. They also suggest a respect for, or attunement with, nature.
The stag signify peace and harmony but will fight, if provoked.
The bee's signify industriousness and their colours act as warning and also reference the (my preferred) Istiniaran colour scheme.

The stag and bee's arent entirely my own work. I merely cropped, resized, pasted and coloured them in like a five year old. I was going to attempt a coat of arms but I'm really not talented enough to do so much work. It must have taken me about three hours to do the above! :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:41:52 PM by Lugh »

Offline Lua

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 01:55:00 AM »
I like your design, Lugh... I don't know too much about heraldry, but looks pretty nice.

Another sketch I've just done... I don't like it too much, but well... it's ok...

Spoiler

Seems that today wasn't the "hands and arms day"... and it has a comic-esque style :S
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:58:47 AM by Lua »

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »
It's an Imperial Eagle!
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 06:51:14 AM »
Again , Very Nice Lua ;)  you are very talented !

Offline Mormota

• Resident Warhammer 40.000 fan
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »
Aye, though I don't lke the second one that much. He kinda looks like he failed to reach the closet, if you get what I mean. :P But otherwise, awesome!
We shall once wake from our Slumber once more, when the Galaxy will be ripe for the Harvest. Then, as a shadow across the World, we will consume all![
"Post count doesn't add a bonus to the Sense (Common) Skill Check."

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Now do an Istinarian Knight, we'll cut them out, colour them and bam - new Icons for the Squads!
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Lua

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28:38 PM »
I was hoping not to draw horsies at all, but... if it's compulsory  ::)

Offline Mormota

• Resident Warhammer 40.000 fan
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 12:57:50 PM »
Yes, if you don't do it, you'll be kicked.  :P Really, Deathstar, you can't hurry artists!
We shall once wake from our Slumber once more, when the Galaxy will be ripe for the Harvest. Then, as a shadow across the World, we will consume all![
"Post count doesn't add a bonus to the Sense (Common) Skill Check."

Offline DrDruGs

• Error! This message could not be read.
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »
Im pro painter ! :D

Error! Could read this not be message.

Offline Urgnot

• I'll be your huckleberry.
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Excellent sketches Lua! Really amazing! Keep up the awesome work! 8)
  • 51st_Sgt_Urgnot
  • Urgnot Urgnot

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »
New program installed, new 'art' made, old promise fulfilled: