Author Topic: 'Where you got your nickname from?'  (Read 19498 times)

Offline Trudo

• Yeah, and, so, what?
  • Class: Ranger
Re: 'Where you got your nickname from?'
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 07:53:58 AM »
http://www.babynames.com/

Back when I played alot of WoW, I used to look up cool names on that site. Found "Trudo" from there, if memory serves, it means "Warrior" or "Warrior man" or somesuch.

Yeah, not very original, I know. :P
  • IG_Ctz_Trudo
  • Wiinis Wiinis
Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Offline Gobi_no_Houkou

• Oi there, good to meet ye'.
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 07:51:19 PM »
I just couldn't resist to post here! Well anyways! I've always been a fan of a serie called Naruto! And since I'm abit lazy I will gief ye' this site http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918 look after the failed tailed! Then I did but in 'no' to make it sound catchy and abit fancy :P

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
Nice Gobi:D

btw 'no' in this case would be a possessive particle, so basically Gobi no Houkou would be 'Gobi's Houkou' (in some cases Houkou's Gobi). So in english something like 'Five-Tails of (the) Houkou' or 'Houkou of (the) Five-Tails'. ;)

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
  • Class: Infantry
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
[admin]Spam removed.[/admin]
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Khiel

• Duelist
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »
Kiel is the name of a MVP in Ragnarok Online, which I've played until recently.. but for it to not be a total copypasta of the name I added in an "h", also because I think it makes it look cooler.
  • IG_Ctz_Khiel
  • Khiel Gauthier Khiel Gauthier

Offline Mormota

• Resident Warhammer 40.000 fan
  • Class: Cavalry
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »
Marmot/Mormota

You call that "thing" Mormota in Hungarian. Now, onto why my name is Mormota. One day I was horribly sleepy in school, and it continued for a week, so my classmates started calling me Mormota, since that is also sleepy. ^^

I think I'm pretty much the only guy whose name means something and is this strongly connected to them. [But is not their name] ^^
We shall once wake from our Slumber once more, when the Galaxy will be ripe for the Harvest. Then, as a shadow across the World, we will consume all![
"Post count doesn't add a bonus to the Sense (Common) Skill Check."

Offline Jansay

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 11:42:22 PM »
Ohh, memories are coming back to me now. Nick stories are the best. :)

It was... about 6 years ago. I was out of town, staying at my brother's rental house who was going to collage at the moment. And my nick was Janissary back then. It's an Ottoman millitary unit, you can find more info about it here. I picked it because I'm a fan of them and the Turkish version of the word wasn't cool enough. One night, I realised that my nick isn't unique, apperantly there are a lotta people who also uses my nick. And it bothered me. So I decided to come up with a unique nickname! With this awesome motivation, I picked "Jan" from "Janissary" and put "say" to end of it. As in "Jan say, Jan is saying... etc.". And the crazy part is: even though I used a word pronounced like "may", I pronounce my nickname's both "a"s as in "car". That's probably because my English sucked back then.

So I came up with a "unique" nickname only to find out about 5 years later that Jansay is infact, a Chinese female name. An actual name! ;D But somehow I don't mind, so it's staying that way.

Though it's super brief, let me explain my Warband nick: Ezrak. It means "blue" in Arabic. And this nick has a funny part, too: blue isn't my favorite color. I just picked it because it sounds cool.

Offline SCGavin

• Forum Administrator
  • President
  • If you want a decision, go to the point of danger
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 09:20:43 PM »
Always reminds me of Woodrow Wilson!
To protect the spacehands and officers of the Imperial Navy, the Emperor Gavin is equipped with 5 Turret Sandcasters, an efficient 9MW Meson Screen, 600 sensor decoys, and a hull over 5.3 centimeters thick of proven Bonded Superdense Armor.

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 10:27:02 PM »

Promoted the League of Nations all over the world, failed to convince his own country.

Offline Beardface

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »

Promoted the League of Nations all over the world, failed to convince his own country.

League of Legends? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  :)

Offline Miwiw

• Big bearded Hodor-like
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »
Miwiw has no background. Didnt found any about it at google (only my forum thread) but something named "Miwi", didnt ever hear that tho.

Uhm I took it because I did need another name for accounts, characters in any game. Before that I often used "Mupflu" as my steam acc was named, also my main WoW Character has that name (the only character with that name ;) ). Im so epic!  ;)

Offline Claire

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »
From a space-game called Sins of a Solar Empire - where I had a giant Unity capital ship called "Claire" that had an ability that is called Reverie - thus I was originally nicknamed "Claire's Reverie" - but since most games don't allow " ' " and long names, it had to get shorter.  >:D

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:04:32 PM by Claire »
  • Claire
  • Chii Chii

Offline Sarnek

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »
Sarnek it's a trilogy's character in italian named "Le guerre del Mondo Emerso", translating it's something like "War of the Emerging World".

Offline Manerick

• I came, I saw, I conquered - Manerick
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 02:38:06 PM »
Manerick is a old knight from the middel age, he is not so known tho, but he was a very great knight  :) He came from England.

Offline DrDruGs

• Error! This message could not be read.
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »
how i got my name.

Played Cs, downloaded cheats to see how it worked, played on a french server or smthng, deleted cheats. A friend of mine wanted to try out cheats aswell and i was dumb enough to help him find it.

We had a server we always loved to play on, i said i'd help him aslong as he never would use cheats on that server. Well... he did. He got banned (i didnt know it was because of cheats). So we both started writing on their forums (a ban appeal).
They had very strict rules, so ban stayed in place :O 
I found a cheat-scanner on their forums and wondered how it worked aswell. I got banned because steam always logs information about how u use your game or smthng :(
My friend felt sorry for me because i did indeed love that server, and got sad when they banned me.
After some months (half year xD) he bought me a new cs account (it was not so expencive at that time, but i had no income xD).

with that account i wanted to find a more "serious" name than what i used be4. ended up with dr. faggot <- lawls.
As i started playing on the server again i thought i couldn't stick with "faggot" so i thought for a while and ended up with Dr. Drugs ... played with it until a guy started calling me Dr. Druqs with "q" instead of "g" so i switched to capital "G" :P and i have used  Dr. DruGs ever since (like 3 years now)

my old name(s) were:
Dead
Alive
Sabba
I combined those three after some time: Dead (Norwegian) Sabba/Alive <-- or smthng lolz
Error! Could read this not be message.