Author Topic: 'Where you got your nickname from?'  (Read 19498 times)

Offline Decadence

• Class: Infantry
Re: 'Where you got your nickname from?'
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »
My nickname Decadence was inspired by the literature movement in the late 19th century in France and England "characterized by refined aestheticism, artifice, and the quest for new sensations".

"Origin: French décadence, from Old French decadence, from Medieval Latin dēcadentia, a decaying, declining, from Vulgar Latin *dēcadere, to decay; see decay."

Complete meaning in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decadence

Also an interesting blog about:
http://notearama.blogspot.com/2010/01/decadence-symbolists-and-fin-de-siecle.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 06:35:58 PM by Decadence »

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »
Thank you Decadence : )I really like yours too : ) . If  you are Portugese probaly you would pronounce it correctly , but surely all Nordics people will have many problems . and i have tried to make them pronounce it correctly , but its really difficult for them and  I like Willy . so no worries : D .

Offline TheBard

• Clan Drunkard
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
Why is your name "TheTurd" on my screen? Is there a story behind that?
The Story behind The Turd...
Well, one drunk evening I've been playing on the RCC Server. Some of the IG appeared (I can remember Brego, can't remember the rest - too long ago.) and started calling me TheTurd, because I stayed in the castle and killed them there :D
I liked the name somehow, being a pile of shit. My mates (mixed pickles, some of them were my clanmates, two others were Deutschritters) and me attacked them and we died, because they were in the village and stood on the roofs, shooting us down in our heavy armors.

So I've asked Gavin, if he could rename me, because I really like the name. But I dont know why. ^^

All in all it was a funny night, because we could hold our castle from ~23 GMT+1 until 6 GMT+1.
  • TheBard
  • TheBard TheBard
Quote from: TheBard
Quote from: Folms.
I swear he is only 18?  O_o
Drinking beer and wine is legal in Germany by the age of 16.
Drinking liquor is legal by the age of 18, same goes for tobacco products. Cigarettes used to be legal by the age of 16.
I've got no words to describe this moment  :o
bard: so sick of it. I'll kill my sister at some point.
[IG] Kekn: you love her still
[IG] Kekn: how cute
bard: if any guy would do harm to my sister
bard: I'll make him pay and beat the shit out of him.

Offline Windmill

• http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4942903/Windmill_is_a_vect
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »
I've gone through a long line of aliases.  But, Windmill, my most recent one (and probably the alias I have kept the longest so far) was inspired by "El Manana" by the Gorillaz.

Offline Deathstar

• Art is what you make of it.
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »
I've gone through a long line of aliases.  But, Windmill, my most recent one (and probably the alias I have kept the longest so far) was inspired by "El Manana" by the Gorillaz.

Your name made me remember this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-ZPpGdt1xQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l-ZPpGdt1xQ</a>

<3
Quote from: Overlord
22:26:35 - *DEAD* [CoR_Overlord_Overlord] Phew, you should be called "chef" Sophie. Nice cooking of attacks there.

Offline Kuzune

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »

Song
<<<3

Anywho, my name has no story. I just came up with it one day, I wanted something kind of japanese... and that's it.

Offline Beardface

• Class: Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »

Song
<<<3

Anywho, my name has no story. I just came up with it one day, I wanted something kind of japanese... and that's it.

That's deep, i love it!  ;D

Offline evacuee

• Juha's blog
  • Class: None
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »
I think I already explained my name in one thread, but here goes again: Ages ago (some 8-9 years ago acshully) I played a Quake 1 mod called TF. I got bored with my name Samick (from my guitar), and decided to change it to something else. Somehow I thought 4evaquaked was good.... It wasn't. So I kept changing. eva4quaked, evaquaked, evaq, and finally evac... Which later turned into evacuee. It's weird thinking about your own nick name. Because it is... YOU! But not really. :D
  • IG_Mgt_evacuee
  • evacuee evacuee

Offline mushmush

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 10:52:52 AM »
hush in the bedroom!

Yes, that's where mushmush is really from... jk.

It's just mushmush. It's meant to  force people to think about it, for some reason it's always mushrooms ;)

Offline Decadence

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »
hush in the bedroom!

Yes, that's where mushmush is really from... jk.

It's just mushmush. It's meant to  force people to think about it, for some reason it's always mushrooms ;)

mushmush,

True, it reminds me of mushrooms when i read your name for the first time, it´s good to think about it, never thought it was about "hush" in the bedroom, interesting! 

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »

And there was me, thinking there was a great story behind the mushmush name.. something like: my grandma was fond of cooking and when she mashed patatoes it always made a sound like "mush..mush...mush....mush" :))

hmm in hindsight I guess that proves that you did make me think about it... :P

Offline Backslash

• Class: Cavalry
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »

Shrooms!
  • IG_Mgt_Backslash
  • Deterrent Device Deterrent Device

Offline Chikun

• Cluck cluck cluuuuuck!!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 02:20:18 PM »
lol, nice find backslash

Offline Lord Willy

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 02:52:51 PM »
lol

Offline Elfy

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »
Originally Elfy was Elfern, but when I registered to Taleworlds I decided to make a shorter version - Elfy.

About Elfern then, I remember when I several years ago was writing somekind of Lotr-story, and the name of the main character was Elfern. It was, just pure
idea from me. I didn't get it from anywhere.