Author Topic: 'Where you got your nickname from?'  (Read 19526 times)

Offline owlk

• the owl of death
  • Class: None
Re: 'Where you got your nickname from?'
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »
mine came from the word owl it was to short so i added a k to the end

Offline Njarghmand

• Let the dead bury the dead; stand up and walk away
  • Class: None
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:30 PM »
My name is an outcry of frustration, which I, atleast in time past, would yell when I got killed in a game.

It's put together by "Nej" which means no, "ARGH" is the sound of irritation and/or surprise, and "mand" which means man and is a word that is sometimes randomly put into the end of a sentence, when a Danish person is surprised and/or irritated. So the full name would be: "Nej, ARGH, mand," but if you pronounce it quickly and with enough irritation it becomes: "Njarghmand."

It is pronounced nyarh-man. The y is the same as the one used in York. Think of the pirate "yarh, matey," and you pretty much got the pronunciation of my name.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:48:27 PM by Njarghmand »

Offline Veritas

• Class: Infantry
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2014, 04:29:11 PM »
I know that Veritas is just the latin word for truth and also the name of the roman goddess of truth. But i took this name out of another reason.

Veritas is a character from a book i really enjoyed some years ago. He had two brothers: chivalric and edel (noble in english). They were named after characteristics their parents wanted the children to have. And Veritas was like his name. He always spoke the truth and politics werent really his matter, but he was also very sacrificially if it comes to his dutys. (he was the second prince of a kingdom) In the end he indeed sacrificed himself to protect his kingdom and the adjacent ones against a greater evil with the knowledge that no one will ever remember him or his doings.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:00:01 PM by Veritas »

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
  • Class: Ranger
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:43 PM »
I know that Veritas is just the latin word for truth and also the name of the greek goddess of truth. But i took this name out of another reason.

Veritas is a character from a book i really enjoyed some years ago. He had two brothers: chivalric and edel (noble in english). They were named after characteristics their parents wanted the children to have. And Veritas was like his name. He always spoke the truth and politics werent really his matter, but he was also very sacrificially if it comes to his dutys. (he was the second prince of a kingdom) In the end he indeed sacrificed himself to protect his kingdom and the adjacent ones against a greater evil with the knowledge that no one will ever remember him or his doings.

Sounds like Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb - great books, have read 9 in that series

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline Veritas

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »
Correct thats them ! But i only knew the first three. There are more of them ? i guess i need to start reading again :)

Offline Aeronwen

• External Admin
  • malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
Correct thats them ! But i only knew the first three. There are more of them ? i guess i need to start reading again :)
umm yeah there are more set in the same place but each trilogy concentrates on a different characters.  All good though.

12:39 - [IG] Lisen: wheres all the IG's?
12:39 - [IG] Aeronwen: no idea - out having lives?
12:39 - [IG] Lisen: unlikely but sure

11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: hahaha I can try
11:53 - [IG] Lisen: Im pretty sure you will fail but that is something I like about you!
11:53 - [IG] Aeronwen: !!

Offline AradorasXeon

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2014, 04:25:42 PM »
Xeon, I created it from the name Neo (The matrix), I was thinking on for months.
Aradoras is kind of surname for it.

Baby bon, in CoD if you are pro enough (or you think you are), you give yourself a name like: Noob, Lame, so something totally not manly. Yes it is from the comercional :)

I don't really use other nicks, if I do they are just for fun and has no originate.
King Regards,

~ Baby bon ~

Offline Thunder

• It's a very happy day ! We'll have some fun, fun
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
With all my name can be related, it's totally different of what you was thinking... :)

Spoiler

O can you hear the song of thunder
When fear strangles a soldier's pride
I'm a huge woodkid fan :3
"We are not a local band
We are from outer space
We don't even give a damn
We will probably smash your face"
Dead milkmen- Milkmen stomp